Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMan

Feature on FSX/P3D would like to see on MSFS

In FSX and P3D once you had have finished a flight you were able to quit the sim and save the exact location (where you had parked on the airfield) and the settings on your aircraft after you had shut it down. This was very useful when you were taking a long flight of several days and several stopovers and wished to restart your aircraft where it was previously and in the exact condition/settings. Is it possible to do this in MSFS? I know you can start a new flight and if you know the parking location name where you left your craft you can start the flight at the location in the cold/dark mode, presumably as you would have left it. But this lacks the feeling of continuity. If this has already been covered in a previous thread, I apologize for bringing it up again.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Location Manager for MSFS seems to be able to at least save your location:

But it would be nice if MSFS had an option to default the start location to the last place where you parked your aircraft.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Bad scenery and flying on rails. 😉

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

You can't get exact configuration of 3rd party aircraft when loading a flight. 

You will always have some struggle. 

But to achieve a kind of location persistence I also use WAMA. Not for loading, but I see where my aircraft are and start from there 

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to be able to do "before/after" screenshots - not parked, but in the air. Is there a way to save all the required info (location, altitude, time, weather etc.) to be able to jump back in? I often wonder how addon devs manage to create these.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png