Sign in to follow this  
Baz2742

Anyone having problems with LNAV/HDG on 787

Hi - I haven't recently flown the B787 but just tried a short flight from EGCC to EGLL and found that It will not follow the LNAV path.  Have also tried HDG Select mode which also refuses to work. 

Is this maybe since the last update? I also have the Heavy Mod installed !

Thanks for any comments,

Baz

Barry Wells

Community folder was empty but not much use without the Heavy mod installed.

Strange things happen. Have discovered that waiting till after take off to enable LNAV/VNAV allows the aircraft to follow the flight plan. However now the auto throttle doesn't work and neither does FLC.

Barry Wells

No need for the heavy mod any more, pretty sure it breaks the 787 now.

I arm LNAV, VNAV  & Autothrottle before taxi and all works fine, either with the 787-10 or Kuro 787-8.

G

Edited by Gazzareth
  • Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Remove the heavy mod, the default plane is now excellent and has a LOT more functionality. The mod is absolutely unnecessary and actually breaks things. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Baz2742 said:

How do you load a Simbrief FP now without the Heavy mod?

Via the World Map for pre-SU13.  Once SU13 is released on Sept 28 there is a SimBrief interface built into the FMC which allows for FP import.

-B

LNAV and VNAV seem to work fine  on the SU13 beta for me

However i seem to be having very choppy and laggy displays on the latest beta ( General FPS are fine , but the displays are running at like 10 FPS) . Maybe a refresh rate issue? 

(Please disregard if this is specifically about the current beta)

1) My 787 does follow the LNAV and VNAV paths. I do notice sometime that it will be overly aggressive after passing a waypoint but will correct itself.

2) HDG Sel works here as well

3) I can arm LNAV and VNAV before pushback. Only issue I have is that if there is a low alt restriction (AT 3000) it will blow past it on AP or the FD will not command attitude adjustments. In manual flight, the AT will not reduce to climb thrust despite 240 or 250KT reduction in the FMC.

4) I prefer to load the route in manually, but if I wanted to load a SIMbrief FP:

• Download the simbrief FP to your PC
  • When you are on the departure/destination screen, look at the bottom on the screen for the word "MORE"
  • From there you can opt to load a flight plan, I usually load it from my PC storage
  • The info should transfer to your FMC

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I had this issue today. However I DO NOT have the HD mod installed. 

I had just departed from KEWR on the EWR4 departure off 4L. As I was climbing and had turned to heading 290, past the TEB 4/DME. I selected HDG HLD. When I went to select direct NEWEL per my route  and selected LNAV the FMS would skip the waypoint and make the waypoint wftrt active. Manually changing NEWEL didn’t allow me to make it active. Then the LNAV would never engage. HDG SEL worked. But I think there’s a bug with HDG HLD causing the route following to stop. 

Have a good day. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Thank you all for your help, much appreciated.

Didn't know about the coming  SU13 update, (SimBrief interface built into the FMC) that will be a great help for long flights. (Don't mind manual inputs of the flightplan for short flights).  Have now imported via the World Map and everything works fine.

Again, thanks to you all,

Baz

Barry Wells