Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

Tobii EyeTracker 5 advice

2 hours ago, Alastair said:

Just wondering if there is any step that I have missed out?

Good thing you posted those screenshots, without it I would not have had a clue!
From what I can see you missed a few steps in vrdubin6's guide:

On 10/5/2023 at 8:59 PM, vrdubin6 said:

9. Set "Tobii5 Tracker" as "Tracker Source (1st = Master)

10. Set "Accela Filter Mk2" as "Filter"

11. Set "Game protocol" as "FreeTrack 2.1"

The culprit is most likely step 11, since FreeTrack is used to emulate TrackIR in MSFS.
Step 10 might be a matter of preference. Accela adds a bit of lag but no filter at all is a bit too responsive.

In my case I also had to invert Yaw, Pitch, Roll and 'X', while I could leave 'Y' and 'Z' unchecked.

Edited by orchestra_nl

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Thanks to @vrdubin6 I was able to setup Tobii and FacetrackNoIR quite quickly.

The first time after connecting the Tobii I tried to setup a profile using the Tobii Experience. Unfortunately it could not see my eyes on the account of the Tobii setting too far away from me; My desk, Fulcrum yoke and my belly prevent me from sitting closer to the monitor than 90cm which is also the limit of what Tobii advices.
So I mounted the Tobii on a tripod sitting on my yoke and used Tobii Display Setup tool (alpha software) to make that work.

After seting up FaceTrackNoIr I noticed that I could put back the Tobii Eye Tracker under my monitor🤯 This might not be possible for everyone, but it seems FaceTrackNoIr is less fussy about the distance.
There is one thing though, it seems eyetracking does not work in MSFS using FaceTrackNoIR, even though it works in the software itself. It is not a big issue for me since I did not expect to use it anyway, and the distance might make this unreliable.

I remember someone writing when you look backwards the head direction is opposite of what you are doing and that is half true. If you first look back and then move your head towards the centre of the aircraft the view is indeed moving the wrong way, towards the outside of the cockpit.
If you first move your head to the center and then turn your head however it works fine, you can look down the centerline to talk to your virtual passengers.

I don't know whether it is a setting or a bug but it is far from a show stopper.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, orchestra_nl said:
On 10/5/2023 at 7:59 PM, vrdubin6 said:

9. Set "Tobii5 Tracker" as "Tracker Source (1st = Master)

10. Set "Accela Filter Mk2" as "Filter"

11. Set "Game protocol" as "FreeTrack 2.1"

The culprit is most likely step 11, since FreeTrack is used to emulate TrackIR in MSFS.
Step 10 might be a matter of preference. Accela adds a bit of lag but no filter at all is a bit too responsive.

In my case I also had to invert Yaw, Pitch, Roll and 'X', while I could leave 'Y' and 'Z' unchecked.

Hi

Thanks for the replies.

Item 9. OK

Item 10    The only option I have is EWMA Filter Mk 2

Item 11  Game protocol,  the only options that I have are....... See below

spacer.png

How do I get hold of  and enable "FreeTrack 2.1" ?

Thanks again.

Al

Aaah... figured it out..

Items 10 and 11 were in the FaceTrackNoIR Plugins download.

Seem to be working now, as planned.

Just have to play about with the curves and setting, now.

Cheers

Al

• Like 1

I have some issues with Tobii experience application and MSFS.

When Tobii application is loaded i start to have some micro-stutters while moving around panning. I used dev mode with fps preview and as expected i saw those yellow spikes which are the main cause of strutters. The only way to eliminate those spikes is to disable Frame Generation. 

Also, when Tobii Experience is working , G-sync is not synchronized anymore. This issue reminds me exactly the problem of MSFS frame generation and RTSS.

Is anyone having the same issue? 

thanks

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

Are people still using the FaceTrackNoir plug in ? I've been very happy with Tobii, but any improvement / enhancement is always welcome.

Any thoughts folks ?

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org