Sign in to follow this  
Guest mau01

Acceleration crashes upon accessing menu bar

That statement was with reference to new service packs.Obviously, I am here and trying to help. On multiple threads. Can we not get emotional whilst trying to debug issues? Please?nVidia told me they could no longer repro this on a 7800 with 169.09. I suggest reporting this on their forums with full config info.

Sorry.I for one am glad you are still around Phil.Dont get me wrong though, I'm a customer and have complaints.For me and lots of others, Acceleration broke more than it fixed ... I was so looking fwd to the new missions too :(IF ... MS support decide to dump us ... it will be a sad day, but why yourself say we are on our own now .... I just don't get it?If you truly want to move on to FS11, why leave your hardcore customer base upset with your current product?ZILCH ... NADA is a cop out, sorry Phil.DX10 (LOL preview) is a joke and it seems acceleration brakes so many things that Aces got right for many with SP1, the upgrade path official wise is an absolute nightmare ... I've never felt so let down and deceived by a rep from MS in my whole life :(DX10 (preview ... yea!!!) I am lucky enough to be able to afford XP and Vista and have the spare cash to build a good flight sim rig, FSX is a lot slower on Vista than it is on XP.Its Nvidia's fault ... sure!I'll never trust your propaganda again, MS ... at least Bioshock and Crysis developers are seen to be working side by side for good drivers for the vista DX10 bloat stats, in the former ... perfect.in the latter, (I have more confidence with them than from Ace's) The back peddling from Aces is the rot in my enthusiasm for this hobby.Sorry, but even Phil needs feedback that gives a more realistic bounce from FSX DX10 and Vista.I'm disappointed.VERY VERY VERY Disappointed.10% to 20% increase in Dx10 preview HAH, its at least a 50% drop ... can I get a refund on Vista please? Nothing wrong with my hardware, Crysis is fine.Balls in your court Phil, or you can choose to ignore, as you often do.

Yeah... New driver didn't help. Still issues... Did Accelerator install DX10 on XP machines? I thought it was a Vista only product. I went to install the latest DX9 drivers (hoping that would help) and when it went to install it said I had a NEWER version on my system. Could it be DX10?MickeyKLASXP SP12GB RAMNvidia 7950GT 512MB

Hayabusa - Why on earth would you come on this forum and insult the very person that takes his time to explain the reasons behind some of our problems?I for one am very grateful that Phil takes the time to speak to this group and has tried to understand and involve himself with our difficulties.I suggest you deal with Microsoft direct and stop bashing Phil. You say you are a dissatisfied customer. If so, take it to the source and don't close this door for the rest of us. Understand that not everyone here is having the same series of problems you are having.:-( Microsoft provides a method to handle your complaints through the proper channels. I suggest you use them.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Please read my post again.Nobody is without fault.check my posting history, When MS deserve credit i deliver it in spades.Now that i have problems ... as experienced with many others ... do you wish me to just shut up?I'm a Customer asking legit questions ... deal with it!

I have no problem with you discussing your problems, but keep a civil tongue in your head.The acid tone of your posts isn't going to help anyone.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Neither is just accepting junk, when it could have been so much better.If it takes acid tones, then so be it, polite requests have been ignored so far.I'm guessing you are one of the fortunate few who don't have problems with SP2/DX10 (preview got to remember preview) acceleration and the other stuff I've spent money on.I'm an enthusiast, I'm disappointed, deal with it.

>I, for one, absolutely love sports metaphors.>>It's fourth and goal, Hayabusa, do ya go for it???I'm sorry?I see, look if you want to ban me for speaking up, then please do so, but please don't try to intimidate me with this stuff.The bottom line is, if we are not allowed to speak up here, then that speaks volumes for what Avsim now stand for.If I speak harshly, its because I'm upset, if I'm upset its because I'm passionate about this hobby ... sure it would be nice to have a perfect world full of yes men, but do you really want that?MS promised a lot with Acceleration, I'd have settled with just the extra adventures and they stuck with DX9 to be honest, but when this package breaks more than it fixes ... somebody has to stand up before this type of thing happens again.I mean I've spent the best part of my years expendable income on hardware on a finely tuned Vista DX10 system (I know my hardware, don't say its my parts) because of what Phil Taylor expected me to have with Dx10 (preview and a 20% performance increase, its just not happening, is it?You must admit there has been a certain arrogance from Aces with Phil Taylor's quotes of NADA, ZILCH, ETC in any continuation of support for SP2 Acceleration, that's like a red rag to a bull, why wind up customers like that, especially in light of the many MANY legitimate problems with SP2 Acceleration?Why?Oh well, I guess I'll just need to learn to live with BSD's and broken promises :(

>Yeah... New driver didn't help. Still issues... Did>Accelerator install DX10 on XP machines? I thought it was a>Vista only product. I went to install the latest DX9 drivers>(hoping that would help) and when it went to install it said I>had a NEWER version on my system. Could it be DX10?>>Mickey>KLAS>>XP SP1>2GB RAM>Nvidia 7950GT 512MB

>Perhaps it speaks volumes of "what avsim stands for" that I>am receiving alerts/complaints from fellow avsim members about>your posts.>>I'd rather be doing something else.>>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg>Forum Moderator>My blog:>http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/Fine.I see how this place is now, put up or shut up.Wonderful support ... but don't worry about me, you will have no more cause for your mythical complaints, I'll simply stop visiting here.Avisim? What a joke.

>Perhaps it speaks volumes of "what avsim stands for" that I>am receiving alerts/complaints from fellow avsim members about>your posts.>>I'd rather be doing something else.>>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg>Forum Moderator>My blog:>http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/Kind of a bummer we can only give negative input to posts on this board via the alert link. I wish we could trade it in for a moderation/karma system like they have on slashdot. The board would be easier to manage for the moderators and the board would give without a doubt a true reflection of what its readers think.As you know I do think this board needs a good representation of the FS-X? 'not that good' view. Its so easy to mod, lock or ban them on several grounds but it won't fix the underlying problem.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

I don't think anyone has any problem with well expressed negative views.Rants that go on and on and in the words of the complaints I have gotten "over the top" are different....and yes-those that continue to express that this board is not for them-why do you come back? Please save me the trouble-I am extremely busy today...