Sign in to follow this  
Guest mau01

Acceleration crashes upon accessing menu bar

Guest JIMJAM

Its partly our fault.Ive dug into the old chest and loaded up Wings over Vietnam and one of the IL2 series in the Pacific.I have had more fun flying the last week than I have in a long time.My hand was tired from gripping the stick,eyes from staring at the screen. An occasional shout from me got my dogs barking as I streaked along at 500mph at tree level getting shot at in my Intruder.Then you realize, 1/2 of FSX is uneeded eye candy. Yes we got shadows that moved across the vc cockpit but loss our menus. Gotta love those cute little cars that cost us some fps.But WE ask for it and WE got it.I am still flying FSX/SP1 but honestly getting BORED.FSX is too old to be a graphics showcase. Ive got Crysis for that.FSX is about flying but has become so bloated with eye candy its not even good at that. Sorry for the rant. Now back to digging up some older games.

Guest slydon

I think quite a few people think this is a scenery sim, instead of a flight sim. IT'S A FLIGHT SIM GUYS. Who cares if every little detail is not on the ground. I would rather see the developers concentrate on the flight part and leave the scenery to those other sims that really need it.

Good thing that I am on days off, finally someone at NVIDIA made a good decision and has decided to look into it a little more for us:Subject Please see the post over at AVSIM.COM with regards to issues with the Series ... Discussion Thread Response (TS) 11/27/2007 11:42 AM Hello Robert,Your case is being escalated to our Level 2 Tech Support group. The Level 2 agents will review the case notes and may attempt to recreate your issue or find a workaround solution if possible. As this process may take some time we ask that you be patient and a Level 2 tech will contact you as soon they can to help resolve your issue.Regards,NVIDIA Customer Care Now guys I am pleading with you do not make this into a flame war, let us see what happens with this. We are talking about freeze-ups and CTD's, please do not start making it a thread about something else.Thanks,

\Robert Hamlich/

Don,A lot of people, myself included, like to fly not just for challenge of manipulating an aircraft but also for the scenery. We fly to enjoy the views of mountains, sunsets, farms and cities from up high. Most other real world pilots I know also fly (in real world) for the same reason: scenery. If the challange of flying is the only thing that you are after, consider this: In real flying there is so much that you can challenge yourself with in an airplane you own. So what do you do when you have mastered your aircraft and there is not much challenge left in your flying? The pilots who feel that way (don't care for the vistas) stop flying! They get bored and leave it all behind.You think I am wrong? Look at the most poplular add-on packages for FS: GEX, UTX, FEX, BEV, etc. They are all about scenery and eye candy.

Guest JIMJAM

Thanks Robert. We appreciate what you are doing.I cannot speak for anyone else but I am not mad or flaming or hope not to be coming across as such.Actually stepping away from FSX for a few weeks has been the best thing Ive done in a while.I have confidence someone will figure it out.

>Thanks Robert. We appreciate what you are doing.>I cannot speak for anyone else but I am not mad or flaming or>hope not to be coming across as such.>Actually stepping away from FSX for a few weeks has been the>best thing Ive done in a while.>I have confidence someone will figure it out.>>Not a problem JIMJAM, just want to keep this thread on this subject and we need to keep it going until the issue is resolved. I understand what everyone is saying and can appreciate where they are coming from and I appreciate a good exchange but we need to stay focused. Now if you look you may see a post from me regarding what I found in my trunk of goodies. Thanks for the inspiration.Cheers,

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest slydon

Yes I know you have a good point and I admit I was only thinking of myself when I said that but it seems that a lot of that stuff causes problems. Don't get me wrong, I like some addons. I guess I am a little bitter because acceleration won't work at all for me. I spent 3 days working on it and installed and uninstalled 6 times but now it is resting in peace in the closet. So, no I don't think you are wrong.

Guest crash_bandit

Just wanted to say thanks to Robert... I've been watching this forum for updates and it is nice to see most everyone focused on getting this matter resolved especially Robert. So thank you! (I RARELY post in anything but you have inspired a 'thank you')In case the folks at NVIDIA are still monitoring I have the same problems as most do in this thread. CTD when accessing menu's in full screen mode. Window mode-no problems as of yet.Here's what I got (Top of my head):FSX w/ sp1 (& accel. of course)WinXP sp2 -all updatedAsrock 939 dual sata-2 mobo w/ dual core optimizer installedAMD 2.2ghz venice or paris or something like that 3g Ram PC3200 (g.skill)evga geforce 7950 gt ko 512mbtried every patch available from Nvidia including beta but to no success. FSX worked fine before Acceleration.Thanks again Robert!

Thanks Crash, keeping my fingers crossed.Cheers,

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi guys,I received a Tech Support email from eVGA this morning and they said that NVIDIA has recognized there are some problms with their drivers:Question (11/25/2007 2:05:20 PM): Hello Xander, so NVIDIA has recognized the problem and the driver will be specific to Microsoft FSX then? Just want to make sure. Thanks, Robert Answered By Eric A (11/28/2007 8:56:38 AM): Correct, there are known issues that Nvidia has recognized with FSX and soon to be resolved in upcoming drivers -EVGA Tech Team And for the time being I was able to restore FSX to pre-Acceleration by downloading and installing the 64.0 Mb DirectX Redistributable for November after uninstalling Acceleration. When I uninstalled Acceleration the first time I had not installed the November DirectX file and I still had the same problems. Everything now is running well and I can go to the menu and do whatever I want and as often as I want without the program freezing, unfortunately without Acceleration.

\Robert Hamlich/

My subject line says it all and I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem or has any ideas about what may be a solution.Here's some background. I install FSX on a newly built machine with nothing else on it. I set up a flight with a default plane and launch it. I can access the pull down menus on the menu bar when the flight is loaded and I'm on the tarmac. In other words, all is working fine. I then install Acceleration and let it install SP 1 and the Acceleration Pack. I set up the very same flight. This time, however, when I go to access any of the pull down menus one of two things happens. I immediately get an hourglass and the machine is locked up and requires a reset. Other times I will get the hourglass for a few seconds and then I will get a fatal error message asking if I want to notify MS and/or if I want to restart the program.I can duplicate this problem at will with any of the default planes and at any airport. And again, it only occurs after installation of Acceleration. And this is a pristine installation. There is not an addon or cfg modification. It is just installation of the 2 programs right out of the box.I've spent 6 hours uninstalling the programs, reinstalling, and testing with difference user accounts, msconfig changes, etc. Yet the problem persists. My video card is an XFX nVidia 7950 XT, if that has any bearing on this problem, and I'm running the very latest drivers - 163.71. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Robert

Guest Mike94

i wonder if there are any news on this issue.I hope that this problem does not get forgotten... It makes FSX with Acceleration unplayable for a lot of users!-Michael

I've yet to have the problem with the new 169.13 XP 32Bit BETA's - but I was only getting the issue occasionally. So far I've put in an hour and a half flying with the BETA's using the menu's, changing planes and taking screenshots, as much as possible.fingers crossed.Drivers available from.www.guru3d.com

Guest jrobert

>I've yet to have the problem with the new 169.13 XP 32Bit>BETA's - but I was only getting the issue occasionally. So far>I've put in an hour and a half flying with the BETA's using>the menu's, changing planes and taking screenshots, as much as>possible.>>fingers crossed.>>Drivers available from.>>www.guru3d.comHow'd you get a hold of the 169.13 XP 32Bit drivers?! I just went to Nvidia's website and saw that they still had the 169.09 beta drivers up.EDIT: Nevermind... It helps if I read the whole post! "... available from guru3d.com" hehe :-doh