Sign in to follow this  
Guest mau01

Acceleration crashes upon accessing menu bar

Guest JeroenR

Hi!Thank you for your link.I did tried it several days ago with the same package. However, I deinstalled and reinstalled it again.Lets see if it helps...Regards,Jeroen

Guest JeroenR

Seems to be fixed right now (holding breath to take some more tests altough)I did before do the driver cleaner and installed the newest forcewaredriver 163.75.I also ran the latest DirectX end-user-runtime.Just completed the 'resort supply' mission, wich took me about olmost 2 hours to complete. In full screen mode, AA set in the FSX control panel together with Aniostrophic filtering enabled.What I did different than before was set the Nvidia control panel for the FSX profile on AA and AF at 'application controlled', since it has no use enable the AA there, when te game itself has activated this option.Before I had the nvidia control panel set to 'overide the application setting' (using nhancer). I did deinstall nhancer and now just using the nvidia control panel to manage my settings.I never have been able to fly an hour or more using the acceleration pack with the directX10 preview option enabled. Now I did, and I'm very happy for now.Just going to create a system restore point, just in case....Happy regards :-lol Jeroen

Greetings Phil,First time I've actually posted in response to your post, sort of nervous lol!I've read your blog, and maybe I've missed something but what I get is that the SP2 comming out is the same that's on Accel, and that there will be no further releases for FSX. So, for those of us who have issues due to having an NvIdia product (ctds, full screen, etc), the fix must come from Nvidia.If I've missed something, which I could have, I'll keep reading, but I've gone over it a few times while the Turkey is a cookin, and thats all I can get out of your blog.Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving.Ken LeMay

Roger that Jim,Oh, and looking forward to YOUR Sp2 ;-)Ken

Guest jrobert

Hi,With the menu access CTDs being a problem of nVidia now, would it be fair to say that perhaps maybe I should drop nVidia and buy a comparable ATI video card? That way, I would no longer be bound by the problem of the nVidia drivers causing menu access CTDs.Just my two cents - or not (since being I'm going to need to save every penny I've got for a new card! ;) )

Guest Captain Dad

Wow! What a mess! Microsoft at its best.Haven't played with FSX since Jan. 07. Too many problems on this Website to mention.Installed Service pack 1 after I read about it: Runs fine w/ good fps.Then bought & installed Acceleration on 11/19/07 with all the same probs. you guys are having. Upon launching FSX, I get an Error Message: 1-80004005 "Unable to register your product".After 30 mins, games crashes and states: "YOUR TRIAL PERIOD HAS ENDED, PLEASE REGISTER FSX". ie: More wasted money of ours.Reinstalled FSX w/ Service Pack 1. No problems. ACCELERATION IS ON THE SHELF.My video card:Radeon X800XT

Great post, keep the info coming. Hopefully we can find a solution to this ugly mess. Has anyone other than 1 person posted at the nVidia site?I chimed in earlier and I forgot to mention that Acceleration installs an updated DX9 if my memory serves me correctly, so I figure that it may still rear its ugly head and cause CTD's (if that could also be a culprit) until the older DX9 released in November are reinstalled. Of course that means not having Acceleration on our systems for a while. When I install any DX9 update I also take the steps to reinstall my graphics driver. But first I uninstall the graphics driver, delete the nVidia folder in windows explorer, type msconfig in the run menu and select safeboot in boot.ini then while in safe mode I use driver cleaner pro to remove any remnants of the nVidia driver (clean 3 times). Then I select normal boot, cancel any new hardware messages and install a new video driver which is saved on my desktop, and after all that is done I delete my FSX.cfg, start FSX, select my preferences, exit, reboot and then go back fly.Hope this helps.

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest slydon

You are going to be one upset puppy if you spend all that money on a different card and you STILL have the problems!!

Guest jrobert

As far as I know, the problems are only nVidia based. I've heard nothing about ATI cards causing menu access CTDs and besides, I'd like to put together a nice system using the Crossfire technology (ATI's version of nVidia's SLI technology)

Guest slydon

Let me know how it works out. Thanks

Folks, After supplying my info to nVidia and eVGA (video card manufacturer) I finally got a reply from a tech who wrote:"Also update the motherboard chipset drivers and the BIOS. For this you would have to contact motherboard manufacturer or the system manufacturer. Certain games works better with some specific settings in the game. I would request you to contact the game developer and get the latest patches and also get the information about the optimum game settings. Also, update the Microsoft XP patches".I provided a link to this thread and obviously the tech has not bothered to read the posts. So what is next? I am going to reply back and kindly ask the tech to have a look at the thread and hopefully we can get some resolution there.In the meantime the tech also suggested that I update XP here support.microsoft.com/kb/924867/ Which is described as follows:"Programs that limit the application stack size to 2,048 bytes may not run after you install security update 917422"I have no idea what that means. I'll keep you posted...

\Robert Hamlich/

Folks,Here is the latest from eVGA the manufacturer of my NVIDIA card. We may have a resoluton to this soonCheers,RobertThank you for contacting the EVGA Customer Service Team.My name is Xander Avila and I will be answering your question today. Please do not reply to this email, submit any follow up questions hereQuestion (11/25/2007 11:42:35 AM):Hello Gabriel, Thanks for the reply. So what you are saying is that we can expect a fix in an upcoming driver update from NVIDIA? You did not mention if you had read the link to the post that I provided as you can see the game engine issue has still not been resolved even with the newest drivers. Will eVGA be investigating this issue a little more or am I to assume that a new driver will resolve the issue? Thanks, RobertAnswered By Xander A (11/25/2007 1:10:32 PM): Hello Robert, Nvidia is prepping a driver release that will address this problem, the best advice i can honestly give is to be patient. Thanks EVGA--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Question (11/23/2007 8:24:27 PM):Please see the post over at AVSIM.COM with regards to issues with the Series 7 & 8 cards. While trying to access in game menu's the application will CTD or freeze. Microsoft ACES lead suggests it may be another problem with nVidia cards and drivers. The issue has arisen after FSX Acceleration has been installed with updated DirectX files. He seems to think that the problem may be caused by your product. Just trying to cover my bases so that I/we can get a resolution. As you can see people with a broad spectrum of nVidia cards and drivers have been affected. http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=420245&page= Thanks for looking into this, RobAnswered By Gabriel P (11/24/2007 8:28:30 PM): Robert, alot of those issues if not already fixed with the latest drivers are being fixed, most prominently the game engine issues.

\Robert Hamlich/