Sign in to follow this  
Maxis

Frame Generation now Available for AMD 6000 series cards

38 minutes ago, Wildblue said:

Quick question: Has anybody any solid info on whether Frame Generation will come to RTX 3090?

There is no solid info on this question. It will need either a full implementation of FSR 3.0 including FMF into MSFS by Asobo or, if nVIDIA thinks that this driver based frame generation thing from AMD needs to be countered, a driver suite from nVIDIA offering frame generation for non-RTX-4000 cards. Which I honestly doubt will ever happen, so you have to wait for FSR 3.0 being implemented into MSFS.

• Like 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

2 hours ago, Wildblue said:

Quick question: Has anybody any solid info on whether Frame Generation will come to RTX 3090?

I think Asobo works close with AMD, so hopefully with next update.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | Seasonic Vertex 1000W I LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 minute ago, Ixoye said:

So close that they weren't on that partner list AMD showed when they revealed FS3. They should've been there from the get go....

Let's hope they do it before ms2024

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ixoye said:

Let's hope so since DX12 and the texture ground bug, is a no go for me personal and it would be great if all users could benefit from that technology 🤷‍♂️

André

4 hours ago, Ixoye said:

Seeing as they are working with Nvidia to get all their latest stuff in, I doubt they are working super close with AMD. Developers usually work very close with either of those, not both. 

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 minute ago, Sethos said:

Seeing as they are working with Nvidia to get all their latest stuff in, I doubt they are working super close with AMD. Developers usually work very close with either of those, not both. 

Well for Xbox they better be 🙃

André

1 minute ago, virtualstuff said:

Well for Xbox they better be 🙃

Why? None of that stuff is getting implemented retroactively for Xbox, so it's a moot point. This is all PC stuff. 

• Like 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Just now, Sethos said:

Why? None of that stuff is getting implemented retroactively for Xbox, so it's a moot point. This is all PC stuff. 

Yep but the relation ship is there  😉

André

Just now, virtualstuff said:

Yep but the relation ship is there  😉

Sure, you need a relationship with every vendor regardless when you create software. However, that doesn't translate into a full on partnership using the latest software and driver technologies necessarily, point in case, they are closely partnered with Nvidia for all their software technology. 

Just now, Sethos said:

Sure, you need a relationship with every vendor regardless when you create software. However, that doesn't translate into a full on partnership using the latest software and driver technologies necessarily, point in case, they are closely partnered with Nvidia for all their software technology. 

Whatever I have a different view and don't agree here that's all  😉

• Like 2

André

32 minutes ago, virtualstuff said:

Whatever I have a different view and don't agree here that's all

Me neither.

Not sure why someone with a 4090 would even want to be in this thread.

Mick

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mickatmian said:

Me neither.

Not sure why someone with a 4090 would even want to be in this thread.

Mick

Give me a break, you're now gatekeeping threads because I have hardware that doesn't use it, I can't be actively interested in technology or want to participate in discussion about it regardless, actually want to see this stuff catch on so everybody can enjoy? Are you aware of the fact that DLSS3 isn't a globally available setting and FSR3 could actually become useful to me as well for other titles and products? 

People on Avsim are so weird sometimes. 

1 hour ago, virtualstuff said:

Whatever I have a different view and don't agree here that's all  😉

And that's fair, though it doesn't change the reality that MSFS isn't on the AMD partner list for this and they are actively partnered with Nvidia for DLSS3. So I wouldn't expect a swift implementation, though hopefully I am wrong. 

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sethos said:

So I wouldn't expect a swift implementation, though hopefully I am wrong.

Well we are on the same page here hoping for all those users MSFS will consider this one AMD and NVIDIA...

• Upvote 1

André

3 hours ago, Sethos said:

XBOX are build with AMD hardware so it is obvious that they have a collaboration

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | Seasonic Vertex 1000W I LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

28 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

XBOX are build with AMD hardware so it is obvious that they have a collaboration

That’s a hardware collaboration, it’s not really the same thing. 

To speak broadly on the topic, FSR3 FG looked really promising for the two current titles it’s on. AFMF being in beta is also showing promising results. This looks really promising for most simmers with average specs. Who knows maybe AFMF combined with FSR3 could produce even better FPS than DLSS3 FG, hopefully with not too much screen tearing.

• Upvote 1