Sign in to follow this  
Bozdog

Quest 3 ? Any owners of Quest 2 upgraded ? Impressions ?

20 hours ago, dogmanbird said:

just a heads up to g2 owners thinking of switching - regardless of settings, I don't think anyone using Q3 has surpassed the very centre sharpness of their G2 (including me) via cable, air link  or VD, should that be a deciding factor for you. 

In the video, the headset is close to the MFD's when we see the text. Form a seated position in the cockpit without leaning forward, the text is a little fizzy on Q3, where it is almost perfectly clear on G2 sweet spot.

I find it exactly how you described, what gpu are you using ?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

mostly fly using a 4090, 5800x3d, 32gig 3600.  ive got two other nearly identical pc's with a 3080 and 2070 super for sharing flights

Ian - is it the crystal you feel is overhyped? 

Do you know if they ever got reprojection working for it? Could you get it running smoothly, or at least get a satisfactory FPS at full resolution in your opinion?

Edited by dogmanbird

22 hours ago, dogmanbird said:

Ian - is it the crystal you feel is overhyped? 

Do you know if they ever got reprojection working for it? Could you get it running smoothly, or at least get a satisfactory FPS at full resolution in your opinion?

I am more and more thinking it has to do with the poor programming of VR for FS2020 we are experiencing the bluriness issue in cockpits.

I have a dated gpu (3070) I have everything set to medium. I am beginning to think that render resolution is what drives sharpness in the cockpit. If you can download a demo of Aerofly FS2 or FS4 boot that game up as see how smooth and clear things look in the cockpit it gets even better when you change the render resolution in that game to 150 from 100 with no noticeable frame rate drop and this is using my rtx 3070, yes aerofly is missing alot of features which is a game changer in my book so I couldn't use that exclusively for fs like no dynamic weather, no ai traffic, no atc, bland terrain, no proper city scapes etc etc.

However see how good it looks in VR even on an older system like mine and how sharp the cockpit looks (Citation CJ4). If we had that type of performance in fs2020 we would all be in VR Nirvarna!

Edited by clayton4115

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

2 hours ago, clayton4115 said:

If we had that type of performance in fs2020 we would all be in VR Nirvarna!

I would point out though that you can get near Aerofly-like clarity with the new Beta Quest 3 version of Virtual desktop, using VDXR  fairly easily.

Or at least it seems acceptably clear to me, who has never had a G2

Something about how it communicates with the headset is apparently much more efficient than whatever Meta and Microsoft are doing.....

Edited by HiFlyer

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

On 10/26/2023 at 8:41 AM, VeryBumpy said:

Yeah, Q3 is just not quite good enough. Seems the Pimax Crystal is the only one that is sharp in center and near very sharp at the outer edges.

Crystal is not sharp once you leave it's sweet spot. It's also a bear to to keep it balanced to enjoy it. Everyone seems to acknowledge the G2 has a tiny sweet spot and I personally can't see how that is enjoyable in a sim. The Quest 3 has so many hardware/software variables and it seems we sometimes end up on two extremes of visuals & performance. I feel mine is running near native and close to the visuals I had in my Crystal's sweet spot as far as legible text and rendering distance. I do have a beefy system though.

Edited by ohsirus

yeah I'm about 95 percent of the g2 sweetspot with roughly same fps. Still has a few hiccups, but really enjoying it. 

H L Alyx feels and looks amazing and extra creepy now the peripheral vision is so clear

What I was talking about..... (I have been using the Beta)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I'm tempted to jump in but can anybody tell me what  sort of FPS he'd be geting if he was in the Fenix at EGLL or KLAX? I note he's getting around 45-50 over empty terrain in a basic aircraft.....

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

agree, vrfsg's videos are generally from a height where the scenery moves too slowly for a decent test of performance, and / or flying the most basic plane 

.... but I've tested the new beat of VD and it has notably improved, though still not quite cable link consistency. It's been great for half life etc. I'm using a TPlink axe75 connected at about 2400 and fairly constant

Edited by dogmanbird

18 hours ago, KL Oo said:

I'm tempted to jump in but can anybody tell me what  sort of FPS he'd be geting if he was in the Fenix at EGLL or KLAX? I note he's getting around 45-50 over empty terrain in a basic aircraft.....

I get 45+ FPS in my PMDG 737 on KSFO runway. Take off I range in the 40+ fps, smooth no stutter. Airborne 45+ fps. 

Hello, Guys!

I just borrowed quest 3. The first impression is really nice, Real feel of presence in the cockpit, But the only demotivation thing is blurriness... I can live if something is not clear in the cockpit, But in a distance everything is blurred... Are there any good settings around?

Also, how can I move my sitting position forward or back? With the arrows I can move up and down, left and right. But how can I adjust forward/back?

Intel i9-13900K, GIGABYTE GAMING Z790, GeForce RTX4080, 32GB

On 11/25/2023 at 6:12 PM, zorro747 said:

Hello, Guys!

I just borrowed quest 3. The first impression is really nice, Real feel of presence in the cockpit, But the only demotivation thing is blurriness... I can live if something is not clear in the cockpit, But in a distance everything is blurred... Are there any good settings around?

Also, how can I move my sitting position forward or back? With the arrows I can move up and down, left and right. But how can I adjust forward/back?

Forward back is  Alt plus the arrow keys I recall  , or shift or ctrl plus the arrow keys , it’s one of them ( sorry away from home today so can’t check ).  Or just move your chair forward or back 😎

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

How can I get rid of the blue elumination of the knobs, buttons when pointing on them with the cursor? In the seetings everything is turned off. In the assistance settings also. Everything was ok, but an update arrived. Updated and this thing occured... And often the settings reset to default automatically...

Intel i9-13900K, GIGABYTE GAMING Z790, GeForce RTX4080, 32GB