Sign in to follow this  
Bozdog

Quest 3 ? Any owners of Quest 2 upgraded ? Impressions ?

I switched to pimax crystal. Way way way better experience! Very close to 2D. 

9 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Where did u order from in uk ?

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

5 minutes ago, Bozdog said:

Where did u order from in uk ?

Amazon uk, had a £240 off voucher too for some reason in my Amazon account. Was same day delivery for me

edit the £240 is still, just apply it and check out. https://www.amazon.co.uk/PIMAX-Crystal-schwarz-All-in-One-System/dp/B0BZSGFLQ7/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=pimax&qid=1697152169&sr=8-1

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

Amazon.ca has them too with $400 CDN discount voucher.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

3 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

If you have G2, how do you compare Crystal to G2? Another thing is Pimax software - heard it's pretty tricky to work well. But after the ordeal of getting Quest 3 running on my PC, I bet I can deal with Pimax easily now...

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

5 hours ago, FlyIce said:

If you have G2, how do you compare Crystal to G2? Another thing is Pimax software - heard it's pretty tricky to work well. But after the ordeal of getting Quest 3 running on my PC, I bet I can deal with Pimax easily now...

Crystal took me 5 mins to setup and I was away, very very easy, and very stable in msfs too. I used VRflightsimGuy videos on YouTube as help before I purchased it.

Compared to the G2? It’s next gen… way better visuals. 

PS compared to setting quest 3 up, it’s 10X easier! 

Thanks! Good to know Crystal is clear step up from G2. Now the main thing for me to hold on buying a Crystal is whether Varjo Aero 2 is coming out anytime soon. 

4 hours ago, FlyIce said:

Thanks! Good to know Crystal is clear step up from G2. Now the main thing for me to hold on buying a Crystal is whether Varjo Aero 2 is coming out anytime soon. 

Or wait for the Pico 5 Max?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

2 hours ago, clayton4115 said:

Or wait for the Pico 5 Max?

Very happy with my Pico 4, so a Pico 5 Max could be the ticket!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

1 hour ago, odourboy said:

Very happy with my Pico 4, so a Pico 5 Max could be the ticket!

yes looking forward to it ! 

If Pico 5 Max is as good as rumored, yeah, definitely worth waiting. 

That's why it's disappointment that Quest 3 didn't work for MSFS. I was hoping to use it to wait for the next batch of VR headsets coming on 2024. But at least I learned sth, that my next VR headset must have direct displayport input. absolutely no no to streaming video. 

1 hour ago, FlyIce said:

If Pico 5 Max is as good as rumored, yeah, definitely worth waiting. 

That's why it's disappointment that Quest 3 didn't work for MSFS. I was hoping to use it to wait for the next batch of VR headsets coming on 2024. But at least I learned sth, that my next VR headset must have direct displayport input. absolutely no no to streaming video. 

from another forum

You need to check out the unrealised VD-OpenXR by The Dev who brought OpenXR toolkit to us, it’s replaces Oculas/ or STEAMVR with OpenXR runtime and the results are dramatic if you have a high end pc

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FlyIce said:

that my next VR headset must have direct displayport input. absolutely no no to streaming video. 

That, or a real new Wi-Fi system for transmit video without compression nor latency compared to DP, though I prefer DP, I am not much friend of EMF more than the unavoidable.

On 10/12/2023 at 2:02 AM, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Returned mine today after 1 day. Ordered a Pimax crystal to try instead. 

Awful shimmering, brightness, poor quality distance looking. If you only stare in the cockpit, it's great quality within the cockpit. Look out the window and it's mush. I even forced the resolution to its maximum, which helped a bit, but shattered the performance.

I have 7950X and 4090, performance was poor. Tried with and without cable. 

Reminds me of the old HP G2 I had 2 years ago, just without the sweet spot issue.

Here's hoping the Crystal is better. 

wow something is not right ! I'm seeing far in the distance and seeing things I never saw before with my G2 on a humble RTX 3070.