Sign in to follow this  
wan2fly99

FBW A320 Startup

Trying Sim again

Fired u sim and it did a big download

Redownload FBW A320 plane

When I try to start it from cold and dark, first thing I notice battery light dont show off

I try to click off say left battery off, right one goes off 

I try to turn off left by click on it right right illuminates.  

Then I follow instruction to start  engine,  I turn on ignition to start 

Put master switch 2 to on 

Engine does not start

Now I know why have not played MSFS for a while, frustrating

Here you go. Cold and Dark start Spend some time watching You Tube video's they are a great help when starting out.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Also check if you still have the old marketplace version installed.

FlyByWire Simulations

I've done over 2000hrs in the FBW A32NX and never encountered an issue like that, defo sounds like user error, there's a conflict somewhere. Did you use the FBW installer?

• Like 1

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

Thanks I used installer  I will go thru again

Look at the you tube also now 

Tonight will try again

Thanks everybody

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wan2fly99 said:

When I try to start it from cold and dark, first thing I notice battery light dont show off

I try to click off say left battery off, right one goes off 

I try to turn off left by click on it right right illuminates.  

If both battery switches are off, the lights won't show "OFF". You'll only see "OFF" if the other battery is switched on. 

1 hour ago, wan2fly99 said:

Then I follow instruction to start  engine,  I turn on ignition to start 

Put master switch 2 to on 

Engine does not start

Did you turn the APU on? It's required to start the engines. 

• Like 2

Thanks for battery info, 

(f both battery switches are off, the lights won't show "OFF". You'll only see "OFF" if the other battery is switched on)

Goiing to ask my A330 Captain to explain that behavour

APU on but forgot to turn on APU bleed to  Wil go thru check list very carefully

Thanks everybody again for the help

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wan2fly99 said:

forgot to turn on APU bleed

That should do the trick. Good luck 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

5 hours ago, wan2fly99 said:

(f both battery switches are off, the lights won't show "OFF". You'll only see "OFF" if the other battery is switched on)

Quite simple really, if there's no power to the aircraft and both batteries are off, there's no power to illuminate the OFF light in the battery switch.

Once you turn a battery on, then there is now power in the system (from the battery you just turned on) so the other switch can now light up to tell you that that battery is off.

I do agree that from a purely logical point of view, you now have a state (both battery lights off) that means two things, i.e. both batteries on and both batteries off. It's not ideal but realistically it doesn't cause much confusion. If in doubt, push a battery button, if it lights up then both batteries were on, if the other lights up then both batteries were off.

I spent 10 years on the airbus and don't rememeber ever being confused by it. It's so obvious when the aircraft is off (it's really quiet) compared to when it's on (loads of fans humming away in the background) that those lights don't add much.

HTH

• Like 2

Hi Iwebber maks sense.   Many Im forgetting everything  I have all my license but not flown in two years now

How can something light up if there is no electric power  Dummy me

Where did you?

I have a few friends airbus captians with aircanada

Thanks for the response

18 hours ago, iwebber said:

Quite simple really, if there's no power to the aircraft and both batteries are off, there's no power to illuminate the OFF light in the battery switch.

46 minutes ago, wan2fly99 said:

How can something light up if there is no electric power  Dummy me

To be fair your expectation isn't "dummy", the aircraft always has a low level of standby power, just like your PC or your car. Otherwise e.g. your clock or radio settings would be lost over night. Also there's the red light blinking inside of many cars all the time (theft protection etc.).
An A320's battery absolutely has enough standby power to illuminate those two buttons all the time, the Airbus engineers just decided against it.

Last question I see a voltage displayed some like 27.5 .  So i press the battery button, im waiting for the charms, sometimes it works sometimes not.

Good side I finally got the plane powered up and engines started

Thanks everybody

• Like 1