Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

Storm Babet!

In my neck of the woods we have torrential rain and thunder and lightning at the moment. Nothing like the issues in Ireland and Scotland through.

Edited by martin-w

Hoe you have your canoe ready! 🛶  It's best to not be "up the creek without a paddle"!

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Stonehaven, at the very northern tip of the red warning area is in the process of having flood defences built for the river leading into the sea. I hope they don't regret them being started earlier. Even on a 'normal' rough day, the sea can come well over the seawall. I imaginer things are pretty unpleasant right now, a far cry from when I was there in late spring when the sun was out in force...

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

19 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

the sea can come well over the seawall

Same here. I was avoiding being given a shower on my walk toady. Not unusual for the road in some places to be flooded, covered in sea weed, and even pebbles. 

"Luckily" in Dublin, we only got the rain. Nowhere as near as bad as Cork. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

18 minutes ago, Jude Bradley said:

"Luckily" in Dublin, we only got the rain. Nowhere as near as bad as Cork. 

I thought it was mainly in the North, the worst of it, surprised it was better fort you in Dublin and worse in Cork. 

Nessie was spotted in the loch lifting up a sign: "Build me an ark" !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

5 hours ago, martin-w said:

I thought it was mainly in the North, the worst of it, surprised it was better fort you in Dublin and worse in Cork. 

South-West winds usually mean we get away with most of the rain, what's left, we send over to you - no extra charge, :)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

11 hours ago, Jude Bradley said:

South-West winds usually mean we get away with most of the rain, what's left, we send over to you - no extra charge, 🙂

I'm in the Chanel Islands so you miss me. 😄

• Like 1

10 hours ago, martin-w said:

the Chanel Islands

They must smell lovely! Are you on the fifth one?😉

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Those that pick up on typos get cat points removed. Just so you know. 

4 minutes ago, martin-w said:

Those that pick up on typos get cat points removed. Just so you know. 

Or you could get this cat:

spacer.png

15 hours ago, Mike A said:

Or you could get this cat:

Yes, well given the extreme intellect of our feline masters and the fact that they are so advanced that they formed the Feline Galactic Council and rule the entire galaxy, I don't think they would be too interested in replacing the dodgy spell check software we use. They have far more important things to handle. Like dealing with the evil canine empire known as HOUND!  Which stands for... Hounds Of the Undefeated Ninja Dogginess. 

Edited by martin-w