Sign in to follow this  
Nuno Pinto

MSFS High CPU usage cruising over DE - AT - CH

As per the topic, i've been noticing real high CPU usage when flying over Germany, Switzerland or Austria. Took off from EDDM, with normal CPU usage and during cruise CPU all of a sudden jumps to 70-80% rarely coming down to its normal 20-30% only to go back to 70-80% for most of the time. This causes some stuttering because the sim isn't running properly in these areas and also high CPU temperatures which is annoying to say the least. If i remove the airport, same symptom as the problem only reveals itself during cruise.

I'm flying right now over China and there's no such problem here. There's no such problem anywhere else really. It doesn't matter if i have a lot of addons or none (community folder empty - except for a complex airliner so i can takeoff with it), the problem is there and has been there for quite a long time. Also doesn't matter if i use PMDG's 737, Fenix 320 or this new 789 which is quite light, problem is still there. I seem to remember flying sometime ago from the UK into Germany and when i enter the destination region, the sim seemed to "slow down" a bit and become more stuttery, but i never really bothered too much.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I searched google for this issue and there are some more cases but not many follow-ups or answers.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Did you try uninstalling WU6 to make sure it's not causing that issue? 

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Do you have any World updates for those regions? 

I seldom fly to those sides of Europe in MFS but i'll try tomorrow, taking the default 78X and will report back. 

I don't have any but the Iberian Peninsula WU, hence my initial question.

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulators: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!), AND AeroflyFS4 - Great  FLIGHT SIMULATION !!!

Nuno,

just completed a full EDDF - EDDB flight in the WT 78x, and my CPU and Temps were well within the low-mid range.

Took some shots that I'll try to post later.

I have SMT OFF.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulators: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!), AND AeroflyFS4 - Great  FLIGHT SIMULATION !!!

@Nuno Pinto just out of curiosity, do you have any GSX profiles for airports in this region? I remember having something similar happening on the Asobo 78X on a long-haul from Doha to London and experience a hit in the performance flying over this region, only improving when reaching england.

I also tried with a clean community folder and also without time-accelerated but didn't find the cure.

I will try again later today.

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

13 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

As per the topic, i've been noticing real high CPU usage when flying over Germany, Switzerland or Austria. Took off from EDDM, with normal CPU usage and during cruise CPU all of a sudden jumps to 70-80% rarely coming down to its normal 20-30% only to go back to 70-80% for most of the time. This causes some stuttering because the sim isn't running properly in these areas and also high CPU temperatures which is annoying to say the least. If i remove the airport, same symptom as the problem only reveals itself during cruise.

I'm flying right now over China and there's no such problem here. There's no such problem anywhere else really. It doesn't matter if i have a lot of addons or none (community folder empty - except for a complex airliner so i can takeoff with it), the problem is there and has been there for quite a long time. Also doesn't matter if i use PMDG's 737, Fenix 320 or this new 789 which is quite light, problem is still there. I seem to remember flying sometime ago from the UK into Germany and when i enter the destination region, the sim seemed to "slow down" a bit and become more stuttery, but i never really bothered too much.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I searched google for this issue and there are some more cases but not many follow-ups or answers.

Have you downloaded the new updates for those regions from the content manager?  Every region was refreshed and optimised just recently, but you have to update them manually to see the benefit, as they do not auto-install with SU13.
I fly in Switzerland and Austria quite a lot and I am not seeing any obvious problems.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

13 hours ago, Alvega said:

Did you try uninstalling WU6 to make sure it's not causing that issue? 

Nope, but nice idea, something fishy might be going on with the data.

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

Nuno,

just completed a full EDDF - EDDB flight in the WT 78x, and my CPU and Temps were well within the low-mid range.

Took some shots that I'll try to post later.

I have SMT OFF.

Ok, thank you Jose. I will try @Alvega 's suggestion and see how it goes.

1 hour ago, ttbq1 said:

@Nuno Pinto just out of curiosity, do you have any GSX profiles for airports in this region? I remember having something similar happening on the Asobo 78X on a long-haul from Doha to London and experience a hit in the performance flying over this region, only improving when reaching england.

I also tried with a clean community folder and also without time-accelerated but didn't find the cure.

I will try again later today.

Hi, no, i don't use GSX. If removing/reinstalling WU6 fixes the issue i'll post here.

17 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Have you downloaded the new updates for those regions from the content manager?  Every region was refreshed and optimised just recently, but you have to update them manually to see the benefit, as they do not auto-install with SU13.
I fly in Switzerland and Austria quite a lot and I am not seeing any obvious problems.

It is a pretty new installation, only maybe 2 weeks old, but, again, i'll try removing WU6 and see if it fixes it. Then reinstall and see what results i get.

I'll post news as soon as i've tested this and thank you all for the valuable input.

Edited by Nuno Pinto
  • Like 3

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Ok, good news, removing WU6 did fix the problem.

I don't have time to install WU6 and start a new flight now but will do later on when i get back home and report, it might help someone experiencing similar issues in the future.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

So, after returning home i did reinstall WU6 and the problem still seems fixed. Conclusions? Well, not really sure but it does seem that something was either corrupt or missing. MSFS is quite sensitive to some "stuff" and the best solution in these cases does seem to be "do it again", AKA reinstall.

Again, thanks for all the input, i didn't even think about removing and reinstalling that section of the world by means of WU6. It did help in this case.

Cheers!

Edited by Nuno Pinto
  • Like 3