Sign in to follow this  
btacon

SU 14 (Beta) is Live Now

3 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I agree with your sentiments, but I fear the backlash you will now receive in these forums because of this post. 

Ah don't worry about me pal.

I work for a global IT company helping to design and build software. I'm well aware of the problems Asobo could face, but like anything if you are sloppy you just make things worse and they are sloppy with their QA. I cant imagine if we treated our software releases like msfs we'd have no customers left. Its because there's only really one flight sim worth having which is why everyone puts up with it.

I understand you get bugs but when the same features break constantly, map textures, weather, clouds etc its just baffling.

I remember one release there was no night lighting...none. How did that get past testing? No lights across the planet. Crazy.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I understand it fully. However when the same things keep slipping in the net over and over again, it makes you wonder. 

Give me 5 examples. 

2 hours ago, Noel said:

The game isn't "broken", it's exceedingly "stable", runs performance circles around everything else relative to what it's displaying at least on PC and anyone who is modestly "serious" about flight simming isn't using Xbox for this, has a fabulous set of advanced aircraft, and is wonderfully satisfying and overall continues its steady pace of improvements.  Sounds like you should save yourself the angst and uninstall it if that is what you see in MSFS as your cup, for MSFS, is clearly 90% empty.  Sorry, you sound to me like another troll, which having a look at past posts isn't the case, it's just ongoing focus on negativity, what's missing, not what's there.   You knew full well you'd get replies like this so I"m happy to oblige.  😉

Oh Noel.

I own it on both Xbox and PC. I user test software for a living. I once spent literally days of my time for free helping out Seafront Sims with some conflicts I was finding. I dedicated hours and hours and hours to testing all manner of third party add ons for the Xbox community to try and guide users into not having a CTD fest in their sessions.

But I won't do that anymore because either its too big for Asobo and they cant cope or they have their eye off the ball. If you are an alright jack, lovely, enjoy your sim. Just because its probably the only sim on the market worth playing doesn't excuse the amount of money and time people drop on it only to be continually frustrated. For every happy Noel, theres an unhappy simmer.

When it works its exceptional, when it doesn't that literally means its broken. I consider it broken if live weather fails to load, if third party or even first party add ons crash the game, if ground textures and maps fail to stream. Theres lots of other things too but you get the point.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, btacon said:

How?  Well, in my opinion the poster in question who you are defending as only having an “opinion” is in fact expressing his “opinion” as “facts” and so I will agree with Noel on this one. He (poster in question) sounds like he wants to troll rather than offer constructive critique. 

Just my opinion and that doesn’t make it fact. The poster in question would do well to remember that for himself.

So is this game still broken? The amount of good will afforded to Asobo and Microsoft is indeed staggering. This game has been out for a few years now and its still not in a stable state. Its also getting replaced next year which doesn't bode well for its currently iteration.”

-B

This game is unstable and thats a fact Mr Btacon. Go visit the forums. A stable game would be working for everyone across multiple platforms.

Nice hat.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ant1975uk said:

This game is unstable and thats a fact Mr Btacon

“This game is unstable and that remains my opinion Mr Btacon”.

There fixed it for you and thanks for the Hat Props

-B

• Like 5

Just now, btacon said:

“This game is unstable and that remains my opinion Mr Btacon”.

There fixed it for you and thanks for the Hat Props

-B

Well I suggest you go over to the official forums and dip into the official SU13 feedback thread. It says hi.

2 hours ago, Maxis said:

Ian take a look at his post history.. This guy is certainly entitled to his opinion but if the user is always showing up to have a moan then even the more reasonable among us are going to discount what he has to say much less the people who actively promote the sim within the actual forums of the sim.

Frankly speaking the guy only shows up to complain. sorry to say but the label is kinda accurate in this rare instance.

I asked a valid question. I don't spend every waking moment of my day on forums and I call a spade a spade. 

The world has become soft.

Also why would you go check a posters history unless you feel like your game is threatened? Strange behaviour.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Ant1975uk said:

Well I suggest you go over to the official forums and dip into the official SU13 feedback thread. It says hi.

No need to visit the forums.  I’ve been visiting and posting since Day 1 release. My opinion of the sim on day one was nothing like my opinion is now. Day one for me was probably more akin to your position and it remained so for most of the first year.  Back then I flew mostly P3d.  Nowadays, P3 What?

Enjoy yourself posting about your self fulfilling miseries. Me?  I just love to fly!

-B

Edited by btacon
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, btacon said:

No need to visit the forums.  I’ve been visiting and posting since Day 1 release. My opinion of the sim on day one was nothing like my opinion is now. Day one for me was probably more akin to your position down it remained so for most of the first year.  Back then I flew mostly P3d.  Nowadays, P3 What?

Enjoy yourself posting about your self fulfilling miseries. Me?  I just love to fly!

-B

Why do people equate criticism to misery? Really odd way of looking at things. 

Criticism and feedback in the right hands feeds progress. Pandering feeds regression. Remember that.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Ant1975uk said:

I asked a valid question. I don't spend every waking moment of my day on forums and I call a spade a spade. 

The world has become soft.

Also why would you go check a posters history unless you feel like your game is threatened? Strange behaviour.

I checked your post history because other members alluded to your post history and after taking a look at it i am inclined to concur with Noel and Btacon... who i might add i usually do not concur frequently with.  Funny you posit the argument about "my game and feeling threatened". If that's your judgement that's on you.. your entitled to it but it demonstrates to me clearly that you really haven't been around here much.

Have a good one.

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

notthehindenberg-3laf7h.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.