Sign in to follow this  
btacon

SU 14 (Beta) is Live Now

7 hours ago, turbomax said:

a pity they haven't released a hot fix. I have no desire to go through this lengthy procedure to re-adjust all these settings on each and every start.

Yes.  I flew the Mu-2 for a bit last night, but will give the sim and beta a rest for a bit now.  I will test it more after the next update.

Strange that someone asked about regressions the other day. 
The spinning circle is another one - there is absolutely no need for this thing when we are flying, as we know and expect the sim to be loading in scenery when we fly. 
I don't need a distracting spinning circle to announce it to me.

Asobo do some really great stuff, but as we know, their quality control on the regressions is poor and we seem to get one in almost every update. 
I wonder whose job it is to keep the code versions under control and if they will ever get on top of it.  :mellow:

On a positive note, I am loving the new sky colours, and performance is still great.  Holding 60Hz just about everywhere, 4k ultra settings, DLSS ultra.
Now I have converted to the new type installation, I will try adding the new DLSS 3.5 with the third party tool. 
Apparently people are seeing better AA, and the ghosting is improved.

If only they could fix the tile issues in this beta I would be a real happy bunny regarding the graphics side of things.
Still lots of other work to do as we know.  A big one for me is the transition between runway and air when taking off and landing. 
It still doesn't feel right.  Even FSX / P3D felt better.  If only they could get close to how the A2A Comanche feels, as they have nailed it with their external flight model.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 6

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

8 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Different strokes!

I saw the spinning circle and didn't think a thing about it accept that it was possibly an interesting indicator of when the sim was fetching something.

I noticed it for the first time ever during a flight yesterday. That's been there for a long time? Who knew? I never even saw it before.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

3 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

I will try adding the new DLSS 3.5 with the third party tool. 
Apparently people are seeing better AA, and the ghosting is improved.

until we have seen that improved AA with our very own eyes, I am inclined to think of it as another placebo. 😂

p.s. you mean here?

DLSS FG has been updated - Sim Update 14 Beta / Beta Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

"FinalLightNL

"i noticed no change so far, 4080 user here.seems as smooth as before."

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

9 minutes ago, turbomax said:

could you provide a link to the "third party tool." until we have seen that improved AA with our very own eyes, I am inclined to think of it as another placebo. 😂

p.s. you mean here?

DLSS FG has been updated - Sim Update 14 Beta / Beta Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

That's it!  DLSS Swapper. 

I couldn't use it before because I was on an older MS Store (locked down) installation if you remember.  It should work for me now.  Can't hurt to give it a whirl can it?  :laugh:

PS.  Yes, accepted.  There is always a lot of placebo effect going around.  You have to take everything with a pinch of salt at first because... internet!

• Like 3

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, MDFlier said:

I noticed it for the first time ever during a flight yesterday. That's been there for a long time? Who knew? I never even saw it before.

It was cured quite a while back, and I for one was grateful.  It has just reared it's ugly head again in the form of a regression.  Still - that's what beta's are for.  They will fix it again quite easily.

• Upvote 1

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 hour ago, MDFlier said:

My guess is that there's more/lots of telemetry data transferred to Asobo for the Beta, and the spinning indicator shows that an upload is in progress.

If this is so great, why, in addition to all other enhancements in SU14, did Asobo not mention it in the release notes with even one word? it is often not enough to simply swap a driver DLL unless the game developer updates his code as well and makes specific calls to the new functions.

"Downloaded the new 3.5 nvngx and installed in MSFS, but can't see any difference with TLAA, slighty blurred glass instruments but good smoothness near 60fps."

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

Just now, turbomax said:

If this is so great, why, in addition to all other enhancements in SU14, would Asobo not have mentined it in the relase info with even one word? it is often not enough to simply swap a DLL unless the developer changes his code too and makes specific calls to the new functions.

"Downloaded the new 3.5 nvngx and installed in MSFS, but can't see any difference with TLAA, slighty blurred glass instruments but good smoothness near 60fps."

The decision to use it or not, is yours.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

a single before/after screenshot would say more than 1.000 posts.

very nice.

13 minutes ago, turbomax said:

a single before/after screenshot would say more than 1.000 posts.

The numerous videos are not hard to find, though none i have seen seem specific to msfs. I would say the decision is similar to choosing whether to update your graphics driver to the latest version or not.

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 1

Devons rig

12 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

though none i have seen seem specific to msfs.

hmm, I wonder why.

very nice.

and the bad news is:

SeedyL3205Community Manager [Z-6]

23h

Just to set expectations on this appropriately: there is a fix coming for this bug, but it might not be ready in time for the next beta build.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/assistance-options-get-reset-to-default-on-every-startup/614589/321?

very nice.

I interpret that as the next build is ready for a Monday Morning deploy. It does not contain the fix and we may not be able to regression test it suficently before Monday. Better to delay the regression patch and hotfix instead of rushing it into an early deploy and taking yet another component of the sim back to day one, or before 😎