Sign in to follow this  
GROSSE

Ariane Design 737 ng FS9

Bonjour à tous et à toutes !

Je suis nouveau. J'ai arrêté la simulation de vol il y a une dizaine d'années. C'est mon fils qui souhaite reprendre la relève, et moi je souhaite aussi en faire un peu de nouveau.

A cette époque, j'ai acheté, entre autre, le 737 ng pour FS9 d'Ariane Design, et il tournait sur Windows 7.

J'essaie de l'installer sur l'ordinateur de mon gamin qui tourne avec Windows 10.

Impossible d'activer le produit avec le mail d'activation que j'ai reçu à l'époque.

Pourquoi ? 

J'ai adressé un mail à Ariane Studio, sans réponse.

Avez-vous rencontré ce problème, pour les personnes ayant ce produit ?

Merci beaucoup pour vos lumières !

English translation:

Hello to all !

I am new. I stopped flight simulation about ten years ago. It's my son who wants to take over, and I also want to do it a little again.

At that time, I bought, among other things, the 737 ng for FS9 from Ariane Design, and it ran on Windows 7.

I'm trying to install it on my kid's computer which runs Windows 10.

Unable to activate the product with the activation email I received at the time.

For what ?

I sent an email to Ariane Studio, without response.

Have you encountered this problem, for people who have this product?

Thank you very much for your light

Edited by charliearon
translate

English only, please, on these forums!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

16 minutes ago, GROSSE said:

I sent an email to Ariane Studio, without response.

I recall that Ariane had a rather poor reputation in their day. They were selling an expensive product that did not appear to meet the claims they were making for it.  I thought they had gone out of business, then resurrected themselves for a while, before disappearing again.

• Like 2

John B

Grosse,

Biggles is on the money here. Ariane NEVER had a good reputation either for their product nor for customer service/satisfaction.

Even if they were still in business you would be wasting your time and money chasing an inferior product.

May I suggest 2 things.

1. If you wish to maintain FS9 (still a great product) I think Ifly Boeing 737 is right up there as great 737 aircraft software, rivalling PMDG and cheaper. There are still developers developing for FS9 but it has all slowed to a trickle and this sim has been updated by FSX, PD3/4/5/ and now 6, XPlane10/11 and now 12, as well as MSFS2020 (about to be updated to MSFS2024)

2. My wholehearted recommendation is for you to update to MSFS2020 (Premium Deluxe version) and/or XPlane or P3Dv6. All of these are vastly superior to FS9 in every aspect of aviation. Please bear in mind that all of these need a somewhat more powerful computer to run well and that factor should be considered carefully. 

Good luck and welcome back to you and a hearty welcome to your son.

Regards

Tony      

• Like 3

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Merci beaucoup à Biggles2010 et à lui-même pour vos réponses. Désolé pour mon post en français. Très bonne journée à vous.

English: Thank you very much for your answers. Sorry for my post in French. Very good day to you.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Translated

@GROSSE, you have been asked to post in English. There are translators to help you.

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/translator

I have translated your post. In future anything in French will not be approved.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

X-Plane 11 is still available at a discount, https://www.x-plane.com/product/desktop/ and you can also use the Zibo 737-800 which is free. 

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/forum/384-zibo-b738-800-modified/

which is light-years ahead of the Ariane. All the links to Ariane are dead long ago and it is now useless. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

2 hours ago, Jude Bradley said:

X-Plane 11 is still available at a discount

Even if Monsieur Grosse asked in French (a main language in the world), he asked in the FS9-forum!!! Why this strange advice?

Hej Jude, are you sure, it helped him on his way? He must have had reasons, choosing FS9!

Dedl

Edited by Dedl

See Himmelhorse's reply before mine. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I still drive a car built in 1997.  When something needs to be repaired I take it to the garage.  The mechanic never brushes me off by saying the problem is easily fixed by buying a new car.  As pointed out, Grosse came to a FS2004 forum to ask advice about a FS2004 product.  Why the flippant comments about upgrading to a new platform?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, gaputz said:

I still drive a car built in 1997.  When something needs to be repaired I take it to the garage.  The mechanic never brushes me off by saying the problem is easily fixed by buying a new car.  As pointed out, Grosse came to a FS2004 forum to ask advice about a FS2004 product.  Why the flippant comments about upgrading to a new platform?

Agree. Some of us have settled on FS for life for no other reason than we prefer it!
Regarding the Ariane or even the PMDG 737, I think the iFly 737 is far superior to both. I wouldn't recommend a new sim for people but switching 737's to the iFly is very much worth the investment.

• Like 2

Mark Daniels