Sign in to follow this  
Malaromane

X-Plane 12.0.8b1 is available

7 hours ago, turbomax said:

yes I can reproduce that as many times as you like: I had crashed on the ground (nice soft black smoke particle effects btw 😁), engines caught fire and then I hit REPLAY to watch how it happened. REPLAY to my surprise started with engine fire on and wings already off,

workaround -> flight, failures, fix all systems before you start the replay.

fix -> file a bug report "failures not cleared when starting replay"

(crashing the plane related bug reports oft generate the response from LR peeps of "dont crash")

7 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

The problem with replay is it has gotten far more complex than just making a plane fly and flaps wheels and move. What info do you save what info does the replay need, what has some developer changed thats not standard, how big do you want the file size. But that wasnt included in this update.

AIUI an overhaul of the replay system with more tools for aircraft authors is a wip. But things are getting solid enough now that its almost time to sort that stuff.

3 hours ago, turbomax said:

xplane12b8-c172-colorooik0.jpg

•  

Interesting find.

I would suspect this is aircraft material related, but tbh it could just be that the wings are at a flatter angle than the fuselage and as such shouldn't be reflecting the sun towards you. Or maybe an SSR limitation. XP12 isnt raytraced.

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer

9 hours ago, turbomax said:

When I took off from KORS, there was some nice snow cover. when I was airborne, all that snow was gone, within seconds.

Still no smooth transitions of brightness as the sun goes down, instead abrupt changes as before. 

bottom of cloud textures still flicker in the far distance where it meets the sea or sky.

Yes, these are some « imperfections » that still need some work. There is also often no snow falling when metar reports SN because they use another source/logic for generating snow. I hope they can also improve that point. As far as I know weather-changes should come with the next version, at least the pizza- or cake-clouds shouldn’t appear anymore 😊

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

9 hours ago, Murmur said:

Engines on fire, probably operating parameters exceeded (wonder if the new engine modeling has played a role. It's possible that some aircraft might require tweaks to ensure correct behaviour, as expected for a beta).

I think this the case, indeed. Aircrafts will need to get updated to the new engine-model. If i’m not wrong this is what LR has stated on their discord yesterday.

12 hours ago, mSparks said:

but tbh it could just be that the wings are at a flatter angle than the fuselage and as such shouldn't be reflecting the sun towards you.

this is not sun light, but the Cessna 172  beacon light.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

13 minutes ago, turbomax said:

this is not sun light, but the Cessna 172  beacon light.

not seeing anything similar

• Upvote 1

AutoATC Developer

2 hours ago, mSparks said:

not seeing anything similar

you will if you beta-test more: use one of these livery versions: old_style or scratches etc. it does not happen using the default livery. or are my versions left overs from previous x-plane Cessnas that I might have imported over?

c172sp_directorydqcaz.jpg

c172-irregularlightrevrehg.jpg

c172-irregularlightre3ufrj.jpg

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

That could be. I am not in front of my PC and cannot check. But it‘s somehow funny to see a livery named „X-Plane 10“ in…XP12. But knowing them this could really be part of the default ones 😀

34 minutes ago, turbomax said:

you will if you beta-test more

Got my hands full with windows being windows atm, some silly people still want to use it... 😞

35 minutes ago, turbomax said:

it does not happen using the default livery

And you left out that super important bit of info why? just to waste my time making a video, instead of telling you to copy the _LIT files from the default objects folder to fix it + file a bug so someone else doesn't have to.

AutoATC Developer

20 hours ago, turbomax said:

uneven night light distribution/reflexion on default C172 surfaces: 

• fuselage and roof section much brighter than wings even though all are the same white colour and sheet metal material.
  • she comes in colours like a rainbow: color banding on cowling 

xplane12b8-c172-colorooik0.jpg

• tree line:

sitting in the VR cockpit, when l look around and change my view direction, trees on the horizon constantly disappear and grow back again immediately. struggling with LOD? 

Filed a bug for you.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, mSparks said:

And you left out that super important bit of info why? just to waste my time making a video,

calm down and behave! I posted an anomaly in good faith as it occured to me and only AFTER you showed that it is working on your end I went back and investigated further (and probably spent as much time  as you on your youtube) until I found that it seems to be livery dependent, which I reported here promptly, supported by screenshots and more details. that's what I call beta testing. I have absolutely no idea what "copy the _LIT files from the default objects folder to fix it" means, nor did I ask anybody to produce youtubes or file bugs "for me".

good night and good bye!

Edited by turbomax

very nice.

2 hours ago, mSparks said:

Got my hands full with windows being windows atm, some silly people still want to use it

Thats because most barely know how to turn a pc on never mind command lines, than there is the issue with not all addons support linux. I hate win11, if i have to go there, ill go linux. Played with it enough, have in running on 2 laptops and chromebook. Its come z long way. In fact as long as I dont update to latest bios on pc, windows  says i cant go to 11 so im chuffed.

Not everyone is a guru or engineer.

Edited by mjrhealth

and here I was thinking this forum is devoted to x-plane instead of the old OS war debate again. can you please discuss that elsewhere, this is not the place.

very nice.

11 minutes ago, turbomax said:

and here I was thinking this forum is devoted to x-plane instead of the old OS war debate again. can you please discuss that elsewhere, this is not the place.

Wont get away from it or his other fav topic while hes here.

2 hours ago, turbomax said:

beta testing

Couldn't help but laugh at this one. 'A' for effort though. And please do tell how you tore the wings off the Citation in this beta version.

EDIT: I didn't have the box enabled to remove surfaces in over-stressed situations. But here's me falling like a rock after I ripped the wings off. Not gliding back safely.

wuk8Zas.jpg

Edited by blingthinger

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...