Sign in to follow this  
787flyer

New South Australia Orbx scenery for P3Dv5 and below

Hi,

Well may be I missed this, but I just noticed a new entry on Orbx's site for P3Dv1-v5 scenery. There's a new South Australia scenery (LOD11) coming soon according to their web page. This is in combination with their existing AUv2 scenery.

More info here:  https://orbxdirect.com/product/terracolor-scenery-southaustralia

Regards
Mark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

No v6, why?

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

11 hours ago, YMMB said:

Did you see the link and price....$1098.90 AUD....

TerraColor - Orbx (orbxdirect.com)

Not expecting great demand, then?

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

11 hours ago, YMMB said:

Did you see the link and price....$1098.90 AUD....

TerraColor - Orbx (orbxdirect.com)

they do  that   since  it  coming  soon, not the  actual price  other  addons  do this  already  it  to set  up  the servers  etc

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

On 11/24/2023 at 4:19 PM, Juliett Alfa Romeo said:

No v6, why?

Orbx mentioned on their forum that they had not forgotten P3D6..

But, nothing yet.

My past and current plan is no Orbx purchases (MSFS, P3D5) until after they get P3D6 going.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

On 11/25/2023 at 7:02 PM, pete_auau said:

they do  that   since  it  coming  soon, not the  actual price  other  addons  do this  already  it  to set  up  the servers  etc

Yep, I realise that, just having a laugh...I think PMDG started this by showing a Boeing list price for their sim products just before release.

On 11/24/2023 at 8:19 PM, 787flyer said:

Well may be I missed this, but I just noticed a new entry on Orbx's site for P3Dv1-v5 scenery. There's a new South Australia scenery (LOD11) coming soon according to their web page. This is in combination with their existing AUv2 scenery.

Is now available to purchase at Orbx, Orbx took ages to actually release it on their platform.

https://orbxdirect.com/category/oceania/esp

The developer Norm Gibson also has other Australian states over at simmarket as well as pretty much all of China coverage.

https://secure.simmarket.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=gibson

He's also made a quanity of other countries in the same vein for commercial orders (not publicly available unfortunately).

I beta tested this South Australian scenery with Norm to track down and resolve various custom lod issues.

Of note the default installer provided to me for testing purposes was all based on a P3D v6 install and installed straight into the std. "Addon Scenery" folder.

A couple of pics:

This is at altitude showing the Terrcolour scenery.

spacer.png

This one shows the Orbx v2 and TerraColour blending through.

spacer.png

And here we are at a lower altitude where  Orbx is the majority visible scenery.

spacer.png

Cheers

• Like 2

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

On 2/22/2024 at 11:21 PM, Rogen said:

Is now available to purchase at Orbx, Orbx took ages to actually release it on their platform.

https://orbxdirect.com/category/oceania/esp

A couple of pics:

@Rogen Thank you for posting the pics. This looks very good.

Do you recall if the installation could be guided to the Central Library too or only the Addon Scenery folder?

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

12 hours ago, 787flyer said:

@Rogen Thank you for posting the pics. This looks very good.

Do you recall if the installation could be guided to the Central Library too or only the Addon Scenery folder?

Hi @787flyer,

The testing installer was just a basic INNO installer, it had a default path set but you could browse to where you wanted to place the scenery, anycase there was only the atypical Scenery folder holding bgls where a quantity were replaced during the testing process.

I don't know how Orbx themselves install it via their Central App, but would be the simplest job to place it as an addon in one of Orbx's discovery libraries.

I tend to split my addon installs across both library discovery paths and an Addon Scenery folder, with the Addon Scenery folder located on a separate SSD raided drive, as to what goes where depends on the scenery itself and how I feel I want to apply it.

The Addon Scenery folder method does have the added advantage of being able to disable / enable the scenery without needing to restart P3D, unlike scenery added via the add-on.xml method.

All the above said, once you've got the files (no matter where Orbx places them), the layering, install method and location can all be managed via the most excellent  Lorby P3D Addon organiser, or you could manually copy files and configure P3D accordingly.

I have around 30 categorised add-on discovery paths and an additional 650 GB of scenery in the Addon scenery path.

For this particular scenery I extracted the files to a temp location, placed into my Gibson addon scenery folders and used Lorby to add to the scenery.cfg and set the layering (above Orbx) in line with the rest of my Gibson scenery.

Cheers

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

I think I’ll try this scenery. It’s quite interesting how the lower and upper layers work. Too bad this wasn’t being used earlier with other large scale scenery developers. Maybe it was and I just didn’t know about it.