Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Microsoft Flight Simulator All graphics settings Compared

12 hours ago, GSalden said:

FYI : we have had these comparison vids threads already multiple times…

I understand; but for someone like me who is new on avsim it is very handy and useful to get this kind of informations quickly.  And this comparison video is done on a pretty outdated, low end system.  E.g. my system is much newer and more powerful; someone who has to deal with an "old" system must tinker around much more.

From my experience: The most valid performance advices you'll get from people who run their favourite games on low end systems.

• Like 1

Always want to fly quietly like a little dragon, but unable to keep my mouth shut.

2 hours ago, tpete61 said:

Just tell us your results, save us from watching a YouTube video!!!

How does he do that? send you an email?

• Like 1

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

The only thing that I have to say about this is if you are using a TV with a frame interpolation setting and you can send it 24FPS + at 24hz it will show you 48fps on screen if the Frame interpolation is either manually switched in in the TV setting or switches itself on because the signal is 24hz and it is perfectly smooth.

I found it helpful. Some of these settings I already knew about but I learned a thing or two.

Thanks for sharing the video.

FYI, much of the commentary on the "official" forums is often muddled with incorrect information. I'd rather see results, examples and action vs just someone blabbering for 15 minutes on YouTube.

"Hey guys! Welcome to the channel. Its So-and-So-Here. Make you SMASH that Like Button and HIT that subscribe...."

• Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

¿Videos? We don't need no stinkin' videos!

spacer.png

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I enjoyed this video very much and adjusted my rig to the suggested settings.

I have a RX 6800 and 10900K and generally get a very smooth experience with only the rare stutter as I approach the default LAX or something.

I feel I’m more CPU limited most of the time and watched his readings at each setting with interest.