Sign in to follow this  
turbomax

12.0.8.rc1

25 minutes ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

No force feedback, no stepper motors. 

Do they have some form of spring loading / centering?

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

5 hours ago, Murmur said:

Do they have some form of spring loading / centering?

Hi,

Yes, they have springs or a hydraulic setup, I haven't opened the yoke. They do auto center. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

@Mike_CFII_MEL Comment on your last flight, with AA, that should be coming in 12.1. They needed to get the base line right first and I think 12.1 has a few performance fixes, lets see what they do.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

rc2 is out now

mine has just updated,  After getting a new 4070ti I can finally start to use xp12. its a shame the old scenery at night still tanks the frames

14ppkc-6.png

I have been flying XP12 a ton lately. I found myself with a shortage of aircraft compared to my MSFS hangar, so I picked up Colimata Concorde… planning to get FF757, FF767, and Toliss A340 next - basically all the stuff I can’t get in MSFS right now… Also contemplating FlyJSim Q400. This sim at this point is so enjoyable to fly. Everything feels a lot better than MSFS. Picked up Global Forests today. Haven’t flown around the world in daylight enough to see results yet. Have a try to XWorld and AutoOrtho, but I think I actually prefer vanilla. It may not be as detailed a world, but I do think LR are actively thinking and planning some scenery improvements. They said as much. Whether these changes they are talking about making will make appearance in XP12 or will be a XP13 thing remains to be seen. I am certainly watching the progress of this major version through the changes they are making and I am content. Night flying doesn’t get any better in any other sim. If Q400 is a good aircraft, I may say goodbye to P3D v6, since that’s the only bird that’s supported on that release and everyone seems to have walked away. I think unless LM does something major, we are likely to see XP12 and MSFS the only major players. I know MSFS has a much bigger market share, but I do think that these strides by LR are going to eventually make the scenery difference a lot less drastic. And the environment (outside of the ground and autogen) is already better, IMO. XP is here to stay, and that includes my humble system.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

I have been flying XP12 a ton lately. I found myself with a shortage of aircraft compared to my MSFS hangar, so I picked up Colimata Concorde… planning to get FF757, FF767, and Toliss A340 next - basically all the stuff I can’t get in MSFS right now… Also contemplating FlyJSim Q400. This sim at this point is so enjoyable to fly. Everything feels a lot better than MSFS. Picked up Global Forests today. Haven’t flown around the world in daylight enough to see results yet. Have a try to XWorld and AutoOrtho, but I think I actually prefer vanilla. It may not be as detailed a world, but I do think LR are actively thinking and planning some scenery improvements. They said as much. Whether these changes they are talking about making will make appearance in XP12 or will be a XP13 thing remains to be seen. I am certainly watching the progress of this major version through the changes they are making and I am content. Night flying doesn’t get any better in any other sim. If Q400 is a good aircraft, I may say goodbye to P3D v6, since that’s the only bird that’s supported on that release and everyone seems to have walked away. I think unless LM does something major, we are likely to see XP12 and MSFS the only major players. I know MSFS has a much bigger market share, but I do think that these strides by LR are going to eventually make the scenery difference a lot less drastic. And the environment (outside of the ground and autogen) is already better, IMO. XP is here to stay, and that includes my humble system.

Get the FlyJSim Q4XP, it's great.

• Like 2

Torfi