Sign in to follow this  
Noel

GSX Pro: doesn't seem to be aware of objects etc

I tried to get the Dev to address the reality that I can't log into their website to ask there as their password retrieval method never gets to me a link to reset, so I'll ask here.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong I really don't know.  Here's an example of what I mean--I often enough have to tell GSX to stop the pushback because it is headed into a building or in the case on to the grass.  I would have though objects/areas would be "sensed" and so accommodated, but alas that's obviously not the case.  Another aberration is the marshal when summoned for pushback might walk direction thru jetway supports, or thru vehicles. Is there something I can to do improve this, or is it just the state of GSX Pro currently?

spacer.png

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

By default this is how it works however you could always manually edit the pushback and there are add-ons (cartanya files)  that replicate real life push scenarios with some add-on airports so it uses the real life push procedures to the proper stop locations.  At KEWR for example it will push you back to stop position 21 which involves doing a 180 out of the gate during push then pulling the plane forward and it replicates it perfectly.  

That level of detail is not "by default" though...  Often with scenery with it's own ground services vehicles they will literally load/drive right through them by default. 

• Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Thanks for that.  I don't recall this being the case in P3D, this much need to stop a pushback manually.  It's maybe 15% of the time now.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

So GSX is susceptible to GIGO, a-lot. It reads Airport Data from the SDK and BGL data from the VFS to help determine where things are. Problem is some airports might not be granular enough for GSX, on it's own, to correctly determine things like the correct way to taxi. This is where GSX profiles help to overcome the lack of data or granularity.

Also I don't think GSX is aware of the exact model position of things like jetways and vehicles cause the SDK doesn't currently have that kind of information.

To my knowlege the AI vehicle paths just follow what's inside the BGLs, same as GSX.

So unless you have a GSX profile, or create a pushback path of your own, you sometimes get this. Not much can be done otherwise, except for maybe GSX getting a hold AMDB data (though this would mean you'd require navigraph) to better understand airport layouts, agonstic of MSFS.

• Like 1

not sure if you are able to get to their support forum, but here is a link that will help describe and address what I think you are facing.

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26617.msg174226.html#msg174226

if you cant see that, I may be able to cut/paste here for you.  By the way, the developer has been known to occasionally respond to posts here at Avsim though this is not the formal support forum.

Edited by Mike S KPDX
  • Like 1

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Maybe I have lower expectations, but I don’t think it’s realistic that GSX identify where every single object is within the sim and then manually plot a path around it (thinking of your example of the marshalled walking into jetway supports). GSX isn’t AI driven…. It can’t adjust to on the fly changes like jetway movement or airport vehicle traffic. 

In addition, the placement of many objects (baggage carts etc) around the apron simp,y can’t be read by GSX so it has no way of knowing they are there.

I’d suggest using manual pushback paths (checkout flight sim.to that has HEAPS of profiles) to avoid pushback into objects ect.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

1 hour ago, Noel said:

I tried to get the Dev to address the reality that I can't log into their website to ask there as their password retrieval method never gets to me a link to reset, so I'll ask here.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong I really don't know.  Here's an example of what I mean--I often enough have to tell GSX to stop the pushback because it is headed into a building or in the case on to the grass.  I would have though objects/areas would be "sensed" and so accommodated, but alas that's obviously not the case.  Another aberration is the marshal when summoned for pushback might walk direction thru jetway supports, or thru vehicles. Is there something I can to do improve this, or is it just the state of GSX Pro currently?

spacer.png

That's what happens if the AFCAD has no taxiways (or wrongly connected them). GSX can only use what data is there. If the dev only painted the textures and did not actually code the appropriate taxiways in the AFCAD, there's not much it can do.
This rarely happens on payware airports. Is this a default airport you are using? I thought default airports also have taxiways done by the AI algorithm.

Anyway I see that very rarely,  only 1 out of 100 occasions maybe. But I only use 3rd party airports (payware or good freeware).

EDIT: If you are talking about GSX "sensing" the grass or light poles or signs, that's not possible because this data is unreadable by Simconnect. For the same reason AI traffic will run right through a lightpole if it's too close to a taxiway.

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey, even humans aren't always aware of objects. The guys who did this didn't see the jetway.

8rnlP4y.jpg

NAX669.png

40 minutes ago, mwilk said:

The guys who did this didn't see the jetway.

spacer.png

They should use this for their ramp rash. 🙃

Asking programs like GSX, or the sim itself, to know where objects are and for AI traffic, airside vehicles and ground agents to recognise and avoid them would take up too much CPU resource to calculate constant collision avoidance.

What we have now is as good as it gets until much more powerful CPUs come along. In the meantime, properly designed AFCAD/ADE by scenery devs and good GSX profiles are what we need.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter