Sign in to follow this  
JYW

FSS Tecnam P2012 - Completely unusable

56 minutes ago, JYW said:

Hi,

Could anyone who has the FSS P2012 successfully installed please confirm if within your Community folder (or whichever folder you have it the addon installed), you have two folder :-

Only the  FSS Tecnam P2012 folder here, installed via Contrail

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, MorrisMinor said:

Only the  FSS Tecnam P2012 folder here, installed via Contrail

Thank you!

Really odd as Aerosoft are insisting there should be another folder there, called "Aerosoft-One-MSFS-Utilities". (even when installed using Contrail, as mine now is too).

I think I'll give up 😉 Wasted about 6 hours all told on trying to get this working / activated.  It's not even worth the 40 EURs to keep wasting time on this.

I know it's working for others.  Completely understand from the outset that this was a problem with my specific installation. But neither Aerosoft nor FSS (who were responsive initially but have gone quiet now) can figure out why I'm seeing what I'm seeing. (Some sort of DRM fail - none of the gauges are activating).

Will chalk this one down to experience, and will live without Aerosoft and FSS products.

Cheers.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

22 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Some devs are ahead of the curve, and some behind.  It will be interesting to see if they have a day one solution after SU14 is released, then we will know.

I think SU14 is out of beta today, lets see if our "bellyaching" is warranted. A support page, forum from this company would be wonderful, I'm guessing there is a reason they don't have one.....

• Like 2

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

5 minutes ago, Daytona125 said:

I think SU14 is out of beta today, lets see if our "bellyaching" is warranted. A support page, forum from this company would be wonderful, I'm guessing there is a reason they don't have one.....

They are responsive on their discord channel.

Rich

• Like 1

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

Update:-

To be completely fair, FSS have been semi-responsive with emails and apologies.  Just not getting anywhere with a solution.

I have to say that Aerosoft on the other hand have been comtemptible with their utterly appalling lack of service

Someone pays 40 EUR for a product from them.  They prove to Aerosoft that it is not working.  In approaching a timescale of 3 working days of the problem, I have had one email from Aerosoft - which was a non-personalized default FAQ-style checklist for common faults. (None were really relevent to my situation). As a result of that 'stock' email,  I have sent them MSFS logs, Aerosoft One logs, Aerosoft One Utilities logs, screenshots, videos.... all off my own back to try to support them in helping me.     I've had absolutely nothing back.    And at present, it's Aerosoft who have my money, not FSS.

As per the last post I made above, where @MorrisMinor confirmed that his P2012 works with just the aircraft's own folder in the Community folder;  according to the Aerosoft generic 'FAQ' email, every installation of the P2012 should have an additional 'Aerosoft Utilities' folder.   I really don't think they've even got that right.  Aerosoft are so universaly poor.

The latest thing that FSS are looking into, is a potential conflict between having their P2006 installed and then installing their P2012.   Two products from the same dev conflicting 😄... but as the UIs etc are virtually identical between both products, there could be something in it.

I'm counting my install attempts for the P2012 for logging reasons, and I am about to attempt the 42nd installation of the FSS P2012.   - this time with the P2006 removed.

Thanks for watching guys!  Tune next time for more pain and suffering with Aerosoft!

Edited by JYW
  • Like 2

Bill

8 minutes ago, JYW said:

Update:-

To be completely fair, FSS have been semi-responsive with emails and apologies.  Just not getting anywhere with a solution.

I have to say that Aerosoft on the other hand have been comtemptible with their utterly appalling lack of service

Someone pays 40 EUR for a product from them.  They prove to Aerosoft that it is not working.  In approaching a timescale of 3 working days of the problem, I have had one email from Aerosoft - which was a non-personalized default FAQ-style checklist for common faults. (None were really relevent to my situation). As a result of that 'stock' email,  I have sent them MSFS logs, Aerosoft One logs, Aerosoft One Utilities logs, screenshots, videos.... all off my own back to try to support them in helping me.     I've had absolutely nothing back.    And at present, it's Aerosoft who have my money, not FSS.

As per the last post I made above, where @MorrisMinor confirmed that his P2012 works with just the aircraft's own folder in the Community folder;  according to the Aerosoft generic 'FAQ' email, every installation of the P2012 should have an additional 'Aerosoft Utilities' folder.   I really don't think they've even got that right.  Aerosoft are so universaly poor.

The latest thing that FSS are looking into, is a potential conflict between having their P2006 installed and then installing their P2012.   Two products from the same dev conflicting 😄... but as the UIs etc are virtually identical between both products, there could be something in it.

I'm counting my install attempts for the P2012 for logging reasons, and I am about to attempt the 42nd installation of the FSS P2012.   - this time with the P2006 removed.

Thanks for watching guys!  Tune next time for more pain and suffering with Aerosoft!

I have to agree. I'm thinking this is the last purchase from certain companies until I start seeing better reviews of their products. I bought the P2012 because I liked the P2006 a lot (it's just too slow for me), I wish I would have waited now, I was expecting a finished plane, especially from FSS. I'm sure they will eventually get it right but in the meantime I'm short quite a bit of money for a plane I can't use, frustrating to say the least. I can't wait until this plane works, it has a lot of potential. And, comments on their discord like this one "theyre gonna have to suck it up and wait a couple days" do NOTHING for their sales......

• Like 2

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

Just to say that I've just manually removed all folders relating to the P2006 (it was bought on Marketplace), and then made a fresh reinstall of the P2012 (n case it is a conflict between the P2006 and P2012) - same results, aircraft appears in a 'non-activated state', with no gauges or switches working.

So that latest idea also led to nothing.

Bill

Just one question, you said that you have activated the plane in the contrail app, but did you get the In Sim activation screen after loading the first flight with the Tecnam?

• Like 1

Ciao Michael

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, Palit RTX 4080 GameRock OC, 64GB Corsair DDR4 3600, MSI MAG X570S Tomahawk Max WiFi, LG C3 OLED 42" 4K Display, ViewSonic 16" Touchscreen.

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Pendular Rudder, Stream Deck XL, Tobii Eyetracker, TrackIR 5.

Windows 11 Pro 24H2 Insider Build

21 minutes ago, mwe_EDVK said:

Just one question, you said that you have activated the plane in the contrail app, but did you get the In Sim activation screen after loading the first flight with the Tecnam?

Contrail has a 'copy code' section.  You then enter that code when loading the Tecnam for the first time.

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

34 minutes ago, mwe_EDVK said:

No, never got that.   That's the problem.   It doesn't ever ask me for the code.   I can see my serial number in both Aerosoft One and Contrail.  But I never get the activation screen.    It's like there's some sort of corrupt licence 'stuck' somewhere buried in the MSFS installation.   If I could find and delete that, I might have a chance at a fresh install and might get the activation window this time.   But MSFS just thinks my P2012 is activated so nothing comes up.   After every new reinstallation attempt, the P2012 just loads into MSFS with no activation.

Cheers.

Bill

40 minutes ago, JYW said:

No, never got that.   That's the problem.   It doesn't ever ask me for the code.   I can see my serial number in both Aerosoft One and Contrail.  But I never get the activation screen.    It's like there's some sort of corrupt licence 'stuck' somewhere buried in the MSFS installation.   If I could find and delete that, I might have a chance at a fresh install and might get the activation window this time.   But MSFS just thinks my P2012 is activated so nothing comes up.   After every new reinstallation attempt, the P2012 just loads into MSFS with no activation.

Cheers.

Sometimes activation windows hides behind main window. Happens to me once in a while. Try ALT+TAB to switch between windows, perhaps activation window will pop up

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

From the FSS discord:

"In the real world federal aviation authorities sometimes ground aircrafts because of technical issues. Today Asobo was kind of like this authority because the release of SU14 messed up the communications API causing issues transfering data from wasm to javascript and back. It was working well before and we have no idea why and how they changed it but we will deal with it.

A workaround has been proven to work already but we need to check every single system to make sure it is running correctly because otherwise you guys won't be able to enjoy it and we will be flooded with bug reports. We do our best to ship that update asap and will let you know once it's available.

We are glad to hear that you would like to fly the Traveller 24/7 and soon you will be able to do so again. Until then it would be a good opportunity to fly the E-Jets or the P2006T, both are already working again in SU14."

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, richbonneau said:

From the FSS discord:

"In the real world federal aviation authorities sometimes ground aircrafts because of technical issues. Today Asobo was kind of like this authority because the release of SU14 messed up the communications API causing issues transfering data from wasm to javascript and back. It was working well before and we have no idea why and how they changed it but we will deal with it.

A workaround has been proven to work already but we need to check every single system to make sure it is running correctly because otherwise you guys won't be able to enjoy it and we will be flooded with bug reports. We do our best to ship that update asap and will let you know once it's available.

We are glad to hear that you would like to fly the Traveller 24/7 and soon you will be able to do so again. Until then it would be a good opportunity to fly the E-Jets or the P2006T, both are already working again in SU14."

Just to add - this discord post was headed 'P2012 grounded for max. 48h'  (my underline)

21 minutes ago, MorrisMinor said:

Today Asobo was kind of like this authority because the release of SU14 messed up the communications API causing issues transfering data from wasm to javascript and back. It was working well before and we have no idea why and how they changed it but we will deal with it.

For the record. The 2012 is broke bad right now because FSS tried to interface the WT G1000’s new features and functions, specifically keyboard, without ever contacting WT.  This is not speculation on my part, I’m paraphrasing a quote from Matt at WT.  As such they were not informed on HOW to do it, they just believed that they could figure out the HOW by themselves.  The reality is they never figured out the how, indeed they were making up their own variables naming because WT had not published them yet.

Reap what you sow FSS and next time please don’t blame a developer that consistently delivers quality for your failures to even follow basic due diligence in coding.

-B

Edited by btacon
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, btacon said:

For the record. The 2012 is broke bad right now because FSS tried to interface the WT G1000’s new features and functions, specifically keyboard, without ever contacting WT.  This is not speculation on my part, I’m paraphrasing a quote from Matt at WT.  As such they were not informed on HOW to do it, they just believed that they could figure out the HOW by themselves.  The reality is they never figured out the how, indeed they were making up their own variables naming because WT had not published them yet.

Reap what you sow FSS and next time please don’t blame a developer that consistently delivers quality for your failures to even follow basic due diligence in coding.

-B

Wow!

That's crazy.   Explains a lot of the problems people are having.

Bill