Sign in to follow this  
JYW

FSS Tecnam P2012 - Completely unusable

Yes, I know there are other threads on this utterly dire release, but none that refer to my problem, and I really need some help (please!).

I read the other thread and that there had been updates to this plane now.   I am using SU14 beta.

I purchased from Aerosoft One today.

On loading the aircraft:-

- There is no power when I turn on the battey (only with ext power)

- The fuel levers are unresponsive and will not move

- The fuel pump switches are unresponsive and will not move

- It is therefore impossible to start the engines

- Even when starting on the runway in MSFS, the plane is dead.

- The loading menu refers to 'easy' and 'advanced' modes (like their P2006) but these are not in the tablet!

- There is no panel state with the engines running (as there is in the P2006)

As it stands, this is the most utterly unusable product I've ever purchased for MSFS.  (and at EUR 40!!!!).   I literally don;t know how or where to resolve this.   The other threads seemed to all be about the avionics not working properly with SU14.  My issues are far more widespread than that.  The plane is completely dead.

Thanks in advance for any tips or hint.  Other than that, as Aerosoft don't do refunds, I will have to pursue a refund via PayPal, as this is the first aircraft I've bought in 20 years in the hobby that is utterly unresponsive and unusable on load.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I think you should consider it may be an issue(s) your side (perhaps reinstall) as multiple threads and youtube videos have the opposite experience.

• Like 1

Mario Di Lauro

28 minutes ago, JYW said:

Thanks in advance for any tips or hint. 

I don’t have this plane and I very much doubt if I’ll ever have this plane but seeing the variety of problems you’re having with it I agree, the first thing I’d do is delete and then reinstall.

Good luck!

• Like 2

This plane worked for me in SU13, although I had to disable the autopilot master bindings on my Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo and only use the VC switch. I then went to SU14 beta and it still worked using the temp fix. I’ve updated to latest Tecnam 2012 version as well of course. However it is now unusable after the last beta update, with or without the temp fix. As with the OP the fuel levers are now unresponsive (fuel pump switches have never worked for me, but were ‘on’) and the avionics are not working. I have reinstalled the product, more than once. I’ve seen at least one other person report the same problem on discord. Given it worked before, and with no other changes on my side, it seems to me that there are issues for the producers to sort out. 

Edited by MorrisMinor
  • Like 1

Working fine for me since I purchased it a week ago. The only thing that would need updating from FSS will be the Garmin G1000NXi after SU14 is released next week.

There are still very minor issues, one related to the AP master switch that's not working properly when mapped to a control button on your joystick or throttle device (works right with the glareshield AP button), the other one related to the pilot and co-pilot only appearing in the cockpit once the engines are running and not before, being this issue a bit annoying for me.

Apart from that, I think it's a good release and a very fine aircraft.

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

25 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Working fine for me since I purchased it a week ago. The only thing that would need updating from FSS will be the Garmin G1000NXi after SU14 is released next week..

Are you in the beta or SU13? 

1 hour ago, JYW said:

Other than that, as Aerosoft don't do refunds, I will have to pursue a refund via PayPal, as this is the first aircraft I've bought in 20 years in the hobby that is utterly unresponsive and unusable on load.

Is it conceivable that this airplane has issues with SU14 Beta... and that you have not given it a fair test? 😉

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 3

Bert

I noted several of these issues on their Discord and I was told that the beta is definitely the cause.

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

I'm on SU13 and don't have those problem. But I do agree 2012 is sub par to 2006 . Two updates later the default camera position out of wack and with view angle that absolutely don't make sense.  There is no dedicated camera position for EFB, but there is view straight back to cabin . Like really why? I'd rather have first officer view and EFB...

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

SU 14 kills the plane. Their discord is alive with the problem. I was the first to report the symptoms (su14 beta user) which were AP Master and HW Bindings conflicts.  IOW use the VC button to control the AP everything is ok. Use any assigned HW button and the AP would go permanently wonky until reboot.  Others reported similar issues too so they issued a patch (1.02) which kills it for SU14 and that’s where it stands today. I suspect a rapid patch as SU14 BETA is SU14 PROD Tues.

-B

If you delete the FMSPlugin.js file from the Panel folder, you will/should be able to use most of the avionics except the keyboards/keypads, so having a flight plan from the World Map will work.  Then the plane will fly quite well - I'm enjoying it.  I've not had problems with bindings, but agree that the default pilot position is weird, as is the lack of visible pilots before start, the way the panel jolts around when throttle adjustments are made, and a few other niggling faults will certainly need fixes before it becomes a truly enjoyable aircraft.  

I am also frustrated that the only airframe variant that can be repainted at present is the default pax version - I've not found a way to activate any of the other models, which is another problem that needs addressing, along with some sample file structures for each variant.

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

6 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Is it conceivable that this airplane has issues with SU14 Beta... and that you have not given it a fair test? 😉

What is a fair test Bert?

When purchasing, there is no information on Aerosoft One stating that it's incompatible with SU14.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 1

Bill

26 minutes ago, ozzieblr said:

If you delete the FMSPlugin.js file from the Panel folder, you will/should be able to use most of the avionics except the keyboards/keypads, so having a flight plan from the World Map will work.  Then the plane will fly quite well - I'm enjoying it.  I've not had problems with bindings, but agree that the default pilot position is weird, as is the lack of visible pilots before start, the way the panel jolts around when throttle adjustments are made, and a few other niggling faults will certainly need fixes before it becomes a truly enjoyable aircraft.  

Thanks Brian.   I saw your other posts about this, and tried it.  It didn't work for me.

Given that my issue is total unresponsiveness when the plane loads (rather than an avionics issue), I suspect my issues is an activation problem.    But on Aerosoft One, products are 'automatically activated' and there is no manual action I can take to reactivate it.

[EDIT:  FSS have replied and said it seems to be an activation issue.  Their advice was to "activate it again on Contrail", despite me letting them know that it was bought on Aerosoft One. 😦].

Bill

OK - understand.  I'm presuming you have tried a complete uninstall, deletion of folder from Community, restart computer, restart the installation from AerosoftOne?  I don't think it will accept your Aerosoft activation code on Contrail btw!

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

7 hours ago, MorrisMinor said:

Are you in the beta or SU13? 

Not in the beta

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers