Sign in to follow this  
bkeske

Eaglesoft Piper Twin Comanche for FSX

>Looking at night from the outside into the interior is very>special. All of the inside guages are beautifully lit up and>the exterior is gorgeous.Is that with acceleration installed?I am having some difficulty with the VC panel lighting after sunset.using nvidia 169.01, may revert back if it helpslove the plane though, a good buyallen

Yes, Acceleration really added some strange gremlins. I had 169.04 but my FSX crashed with strange DXDIAG error reports. I use an 8800GTX and run 1920x1200. I was perpetually stuck with the mission dialog from the carrier landing no matter how I set up free flight. I went back redid the mission but the mission dialog was still there in free flight. I finally deleted the fsx.cfg and put the 163.69 drivers back on. I left the DX10 preview off and everything seems to be working correctly now. Time will tell but I think the Commanche will work out very well.

>For 20$ this is a great product. Unlike the C400 which I>really liked but always crashed my FSX under VISTA this Piper>has run very well.>>I have only had two issues and both of them seem to be solved>by reverting back to the latest WHQL Nvidia driver. On my>first IFR flight after 20 minutes the plane went transparent. >Looking from the outside, or out the window from the inside,>the exterior was transparent. The other problem was with the>autopilot. The VS could be selected but no +/- fpm would>indicate on the autopilot. I reverted back to the older>Nvidia driver and so far all is well and neither problem has>returned. >>Looking at night from the outside into the interior is very>special. All of the inside guages are beautifully lit up and>the exterior is gorgeous.>>Now, if I could only put the Avidyne's in this plane.>>Kudo's to Eaglesoft for a well done product.>>Thanks for the kind words and the good feedback on the driver rollback. Another user reported something similar and he simply rebooted his machine after install and everything was golden from then on:-)Most all textures are in .dds format and should have no problems at all:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

We could have put our Eaglesoft Avidyne Entegra avionics in this plane but feel it would have ruined the "retro feel".This one is a faithful rendition of Roy Wilbanks actual aircraft and Roy was very impressed with the fidelity right down to the night lighting colors :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Well it's 10:39, I had a late meeting, but am just getting ready to climb in the cockpit for the first time....Hey, dis ting as two enjuns! Whadda I do I do now Ron? And no parachute? ;)Oh man...this looks nice.....more to follow.... :D

>Well it's 10:39, I had a late meeting, but am just getting>ready to climb in the cockpit for the first time....Hey, dis>ting as two enjuns! Whadda I do I do now Ron? And no>parachute? ;)>>Oh man...this looks nice.....more to follow.... :DTake lessons from Geofa here, he's the resident twin pilot:-lolThey barely had chutes for people back when this baby was made....

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Oh man Ron....this is nice...it just feels right...has a heaviness about it...cruising around at 11,500....the sounds will almost put me to sleep ;)....I better start up that second enjun jus for fun :D

RON,Does this aircraft have that "specular" mapping or whatever thats called..that reflects light when you have bloom? Yesterday, I was trying to get that on the VC ...but not sure if it was there..maybe the sun was too high and bump mapping.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

This is my new DEFAULT aircraft! I just cannot believe how FSX, SP1, SP2, and Acceleration MIXED with UTX, FEX, Cloud 9, FS Genesis, and FURTHER MIXED with this wonderful Comanche make for one of the most pleasureable experiences I've ever had in this hobby.Stanps. Sorry for that excruiatingly long sentence!

Manny, why yes it does have specular mapping in a special way. Load N204WT, view from outside and put her in a level 360 turn and watch the "Chrome Illusion" texture effect change colors as the light plays over the plane. This is a first ever from a commercial developer and must be seen to be appreciated.We could have included bump mapping but find that aircraft which are extremely smooth benefit little from bump mapping and in some cases actually detract from the appearance so we left it out. Another reason for not including it is that bump mapping takes its toll on system performance when enabled :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>This is my new DEFAULT aircraft! I just cannot believe how>FSX, SP1, SP2, and Acceleration MIXED with UTX, FEX, Cloud 9,>FS Genesis, and FURTHER MIXED with this wonderful Comanche>make for one of the most pleasureable experiences I've ever>had in this hobby.>>Stan>>ps. Sorry for that excruiatingly long sentence!Hi Stan,It is extremely pleasing to hear that you are experiencing such great performance with the TC in FSX with all that you have running there. It was a goal of mine from the start to make the aircraft as efficient as possible (minimal draw calls) so that anyone can enjoy her in any situation within FSX. I'm glad that has proven to be the case!Thank you so much for your kind words ... you have made my day!Owen

Owen,You are to be congratulated. I see ZERO frame hits and unbelievable cockpit and spot realism. I don't know how you did it, but other developers need to take a lesson here. There's nothing worse than spending money on an aircraft only to have it "hiccup" its way through a sim.This Cherokee is seamless on my system, and gives 100% enjoyment. Thanks again. Stan

>Owen,>You are to be congratulated. I see ZERO frame hits and>unbelievable cockpit and spot realism. I don't know how you>did it, but other developers need to take a lesson here.>There's nothing worse than spending money on an aircraft only>to have it "hiccup" its way through a sim.>This Cherokee is seamless on my system, and gives 100%>enjoyment. Thanks again.>> StanThanks much! ... and you meant Comanche, right? :DOwen

Guest srathe

This plane sounds really cool.Can anyone tell me if cockpit shadows are enabled on the Commanche in DX10 preview mode?Thanks in advance,Jesse