Sign in to follow this  
JYW

HUGE shout out to Lars at Contrail

28 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

You're not so bad yourself.

Years ago I was having trouble with the Orbx airport KRDD not displaying properly in P3D. No questions asked and you gave me a refund. Don't remember if I thanked you back then, if not I'm thanking you now.

Better late than never 🙂

5 hours ago, edcorreia said:

Great to see the much deserved shoutout for Lars.

I’ve always admired Contrail from afar and had the pleasure of meeting him in person at FSExpo after many years of first meeting him whilst working for Orbx.

It’s great to see more larger developers use Contrail as I do know that he provides great a service to the vendors and customers alike.

I use Contrail very often. Works nicely in every aspect.

Never had major issues with the Tecnam P2012 maybe because I was never using the SU14 Beta.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

7 hours ago, qqwertz said:

I am generally not a fan of store apps. Every time I start them they get updated, and after that I have to put in my credentials again. I don't have my passwords memorized, so I have to go through some procedure to get logged in again. I prefer web pages by developers. No middle man and I can easily log in.

For what it’s worth I haven’t had to re enter my contrail password even once.  Orbx I have. But either way I am fine with it. 

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, micstatic said:

For what it’s worth I haven’t had to re enter my contrail password even once.  Orbx I have. But either way I am fine with it. 

Maybe you buy more than I do from these sites. I have to login again almost every time I use Contrail, Simmarket App, Aerosoft One, or the Flight 1 agent. Not a biggie, and I do not boycott any of these sites, but I prefer buying directly from the developer.

It's good to hear of positive reports like this. Well done to Contrail. Just made my decision of where to buy the PC-12. 

• Like 1

Just stumbled over this thread now, thank you for your kind words gents, especially @JYW! Hope you have logged good hours on your P2012 in the meantime 🙂

@qqwertz The reason for the log-out usually is expiry of a token. The session is stored in a token (on the web, these are mostly called cookies), which will be refreshed the next time you use the app (or log-in to a website). If the token is not valid anymore, you have to log-in again. Now websites and apps handle expiration differently, browser websites are usually more strict, highly correlating with how secure the system has to be (e.g. banking website log you out after 5 minutes of inactivity).

But a long expiration time doesn't imply an unsecure system. It's a question of implementation, and usually there is not one token but two, plus additional security meassures.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Cheers,
Lars

@Lars-Contrail  Sincere thanks for dropping by and giving that explanation Lars. 

Your customer support is appreciated by people here.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

• Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Only store app I find myself having to log in constantly for is ORBX.

Contrail, Simmarket and Aerosoft App always remember my credentials through updates.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2