Sign in to follow this  
haseen

Queries: Simworks Sim SWS PC-12

Dear:

I purchased/downloaded the PC-12 from Simmarket last night.

I have the follwing queries:

1. GPS Options: During installation, it offers to choose between GNS530 or GTN 750. I use the paid premium version of PMS GTN 750. But after installation, after loading the PC-12, if I want to select GNS 530 instead, how can I do it?

2. KAS927 Altitude/Vertical Speed Preselector:
From VGEG airport, I was flying at 3500 ft. downwind runway 23 with AP on, HDG and ALT mode. I preselected 2500 ft in the selector. Armed the 2500 ft altitude. Then pulled the inner knob to go to VS mode. Preselected 1000 fpm descend, down arrow. Then pressed ENG. button. But the plane does not descend. What am I doing wrong?
Please help.

1. Sadly a full reinstall is required. No quick in-game solution to switch avionics.

2. I had the same issue on my flight last night during approach step downs. If I spun the VS knob + or - 100 it would initiate, but not when I pressed the ENG button with a VS rate already selected. Oddly I've watched videos from others on YT and they don't seem to have this issue. 

Here is a clip of V1-Simulation using the KAS927 as stated but it works fine on his end:

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

18 minutes ago, vrdubin6 said:

1. Sadly a full reinstall is required. No quick in-game solution to switch avionics.

2. I had the same issue on my flight last night during approach step downs. If I spun the VS knob + or - 100 it would initiate, but not when I pressed the ENG button with a VS rate already selected. Oddly I've watched videos from others on YT and they don't seem to have this issue. 

Here is a clip of V1-Simulation using the KAS927 as stated but it works fine on his end:

Will Simworks address this VS ENG issue?

Just now, haseen said:

Will Simworks address this VS ENG issue?

Not sure, I'll bring it up on Discord now that I know I'm not the only one with the issue. I'll let you know what I hear back. 

They are aware of the issue and are working on it. Seems like sometimes it works as it should and sometimes it doesn't. 

1. As of right now you can only install one version of GPS config

2. Select descent altitude, press ARM. Reduce power, set desire  VSI and press ENG.

P.S. Both ARM and ENG have to be lit.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I think the issue here with the VS and Arm mode is that the default MSFS AP code has no altitude arming capability.  In effect altitude arm is always selected (unless the developer of an aircraft has used the no_alt_capture_in_vs_mode=1 line in the [autopilot] section of the systems.cfg. (Typically used for something like a STEC 55 that doesn't have a KAS297 alt preselect).  There's no native key command for "Alt Arm" in MSFS.

I think SWS have partially successfully implemented an 'Alt arm' command.  Guenseli has included it in his AAO script.  But even then, there are some situations when the a/c will capture without having presed 'Arm' and some where it will deapart alt hold for a climb descent, even where you haven't disarmed the 'Arm' mode.

TL:DR - good on SWS for modelling the Eng/arm mode on the KAS297, but it's not quite there yet.

Edited by JYW

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I don't understand how this got released with so many bugs.

It seemed forever it was in beta and then checked and tested by Pilatus.

Is it me or were pilots just having fun flying it without picking up on the bugs and reporting them down the line.

Jase

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

I have the Carenado Pc-12 and it is taxiing way to fast, what about SWS PC-12 is it better in that area??

Thanks

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

4 minutes ago, helberger said:

I have the Carenado Pc-12 and it is taxiing way to fast, what about SWS PC-12 is it better in that area??

Thanks

Taxis really nice.  Heaps better than the Carenado.

Jase

2 hours ago, JaseMelbo said:

It seemed forever it was in beta and then checked and tested by Pilatus.

Is it me or were pilots just having fun flying it without picking up on the bugs and reporting them down the line.

Jase

It really doesn't have "so many bugs".

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Just now, JYW said:

It really doesn't have "so many bugs".

You are correct actually - probably wrong choice of words.

Maybe enough that the beta testers should have picked them up?  Not sure.

Jase

3 hours ago, JaseMelbo said:

name  a addon  that was  released  that had  no  bugs  or  issues  on  first release

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

3 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

name  a addon  that was  released  that had  no  bugs  or  issues  on  first release

FSR500 was pretty stable and complete on delivery. I can't find anything wrong with it. I could of course be wrong, but it was the first one that popped into mind.

• Like 1