Sign in to follow this  
Guest abulaafia

What are your FPS?

>Get ready to eat your words!>>Look at the pictures at the bottom of this post.>>one is 106fps and the other 102fps. I had over 110fps in>defult aircraft! I get about 50-60fps in the lvl-d 767!Now I'm really looking forward to my new system which should arrive in a week! (And I thought my Gateway FX530XG (R.I.P.) was fast with FSX!)How much AI aircraft if any do you fly with?

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest fundies

Bet you don't get that in downtown New York!!!!!!!!!

>Bet you don't get that in downtown New York!!!!!!!!!Of course not. This was just to show that the screens we sometimes see showing 100+ fps don't mean anything. It all depends on your configs inside FSX and whether or not you have a nice clean, defraged computer. This screen was taken with almost everything on max settings, except autogen (on normal) and no bloom on a 1280x1024 resolution. Everyone with a rig like mine should be able to have this kind of FPS over the water. If you can't, you simply don't have your computer configured like it should. By the way, this screen was taken near the oil rig (from the FSX mission), if someone wants to test how many FPS you can get there.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

Not expected but shown more times than not.

Just a tip that worked for me.I followed the tips from PDMG for my FSX.CFG fileI can post my cfg if you likethe big thing for me was to uncheck windows indexing for my drivethat I run FSX on.then defrag and make sure the virtual RAM is on !I am not overly equipped in the PC department.AMD 4600, 2 gigs RAM, Nvidia 7950GTbut i can maintain 15 fps flying into the basin at KLAX using myPMDG 747-400FX no problems, no CTD, no memory failuresgo figure eh

Guest abulaafia

Find out what motherboard you have. One way companies like Dell make their margins is by not telling users the exact motherboard specifications and using second-rate boards. You may have a bottleneck on your bus that leads to several under performance of the 88GTX.Generally for gaming one should always avoid the branded computers. They are optimized (if at all) for office work, not flight simming. Computers are integrated systems; its components have to work together to optimize performance. A superfast processor, a OC'd RAM, and the latest graphics are wasted if you install them on a crappy motherboard.

you could not have said it better. I'm at my wits end with this game. I spent almost 3.5K in building a new machine partly because I was optimistic that I would see a gain in performance. I'll pull this game out in 3 years maybe I can run it @ 30 frames with everything turned up like fs2004 in 2007

You guys are too hung up on FPS. Just look at the performance difference. FS9 at 15 FPS was a slide show FSX at that rate can be very smooth. As long as game isnt glitching or doing the slide show thing what differnce does it make. If you turned the FPS meter off you probably wouldnt notice the hit. I run FSX at 25 and even when it drops to 15 at heavyily populated airports it very really glitches. I still dont quiet understand the FPS thing as FSX seems to behave differently to FS9 in that regards. I had 80 ai aircraft in the air monitored by aismooth and i was still running at 24 FPS at YMML and I have traffic at 80%.AMD X2 64 60002 Gig cas 4 DDR2 800MHz ramNvidia 8800GTSAsus M2N moboSB XSFI Audio2 X 250 Gig SATA Hard drives

>You guys are too hung up on FPS. Just look at the performance>difference. FS9 at 15 FPS was a slide show FSX at that rate>can be very smooth. As long as game isnt glitching or doing>the slide show thing what differnce does it make. If you>turned the FPS meter off you probably wouldnt notice the hit.>I run FSX at 25 and even when it drops to 15 at heavyily>populated airports it very really glitches. I still dont quiet>understand the FPS thing as FSX seems to behave differently to>FS9 in that regards. I had 80 ai aircraft in the air monitored>by aismooth and i was still running at 24 FPS at YMML and I>have traffic at 80%.>>AMD X2 64 6000>2 Gig cas 4 DDR2 800MHz ram>Nvidia 8800GTS>Asus M2N mobo>SB XSFI Audio>2 X 250 Gig SATA Hard drives>>Couldn't agree more. After my final tweaking I was curious so I checked. Flying the Maule opver Alaska I get an average of 85fps. Flying the F/A-18 over JFK I get 14fps. Without the counter visible I can't tell the difference. And this is with ASX, UTX,GEX,FEX and FSGenesis loaded.If you set it to where it looks and feels good to you, don't even look at the FPS. No comparison to FS9 with all the add-ons - FSX has it beat by a mile.VicQ6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.6Evga 680i A1 with P30 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx Kandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpgRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

>You guys are too hung up on FPS. Just look at the performance>difference. FS9 at 15 FPS was a slide show FSX at that rate>can be very smooth. As long as game isnt glitching or doing>the slide show thing what differnce does it make. If you>turned the FPS meter off you probably wouldnt notice the hit.>I run FSX at 25 and even when it drops to 15 at heavyily>populated airports it very really glitches. I still dont quiet>understand the FPS thing as FSX seems to behave differently to>FS9 in that regards. I had 80 ai aircraft in the air monitored>by aismooth and i was still running at 24 FPS at YMML and I>have traffic at 80%.>>AMD X2 64 6000>2 Gig cas 4 DDR2 800MHz ram>Nvidia 8800GTS>Asus M2N mobo>SB XSFI Audio>2 X 250 Gig SATA Hard drives>>Couldn't agree more. After my final tweaking I was curious so I checked. Flying the Maule opver Alaska I get an average of 85fps. Flying the F/A-18 over JFK I get 14fps. Without the counter visible I can't tell the difference. And this is with ASX, UTX,GEX,FEX and FSGenesis loaded.If you set it to where it looks and feels good to you, don't even look at the FPS. No comparison to FS9 with all the add-ons - FSX has it beat by a mile.VicQ6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.6Evga 680i A1 with P30 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx Kandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpgRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest Bob Huntley

Have you tried Antialiasing & Anisotropic Filtering - switching between DX9 & DX10 means that you need to turn these on in both modes (like the screen resolution has to be set in both modes).

Guest Alphahawk3

>Hi,>>I must say, I am quite disappointed with the FPS I am getting.>I have a fairly well-equipped system (specs in signature), and>at major aiports, with the sliders set from medium high to>high, I get an average of 15 FPS.>>Tom's Hardware conducted some FPS test with a variety of video>cards. It's available here ->>http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics_200...2=706&chart=292>>The 8800 GTX was tested on XP, and got an average of 22 FPS.>>On my system, checking the "DX10 Preview" seems to have a>backwards effect. My FPS actually go down a few.>>I am curious to see what others' FPS are for major airports>(SFO, LAX, ORD), with and without DX10 checked.>>Thanks!>>>Dell XPS 410>Core 2 Duo E6700 @ 2.66GHz>3.0GB RAM>nVidia GEForce 8800 GTX>Vista 32-bit>FSX AccelerationMy system is old...P4 3ghz....2gig ram 7600gt video card.I only fly GA. I have XGraphics...GEX.... FSGenesis mesh. At my local airport...KMRC...I get a constant 23 to 25 FPS...I have it locked at 25. I rarely venture to big airports. I have all settings maxed except for autogen.....water.....texture set to 60cm for GEX and mesh at 19m. I do on occasion take off at Seattle. My FPS there are anywhere from 10 to 15 during take off in Flight1's 172. Once airborne at around 3500 feet it will settle out around 20 to 25. Yes I do get some texture popping but it is quick and is not too distracting. If I am flying over non-mountainous terrain my FPS stays at 25 and the scenery is crisp and clear. I could not do that with FSX default textures....GEX gave me a performance increase. On approach at small to medium airports all is smooth and looks quite good. Autogen is drawn...at a distance as I fly but I have read a lot about this and my CPU is working all the time to keep up with this. At Tom's Hardware site I compared my CPU with a E6700 I think it was and the frames on their test rig were double from what a P4 3ghz gets. I don't expect my system to do any better than it does. But one thing that bothers me is I read many a post about folks with a much more powerful system than mine and they have no better results than mine. It makes me wonder what I will get when my time comes to upgrade. FSX is sure a strange program but there are a lot of guys on here who can steer you in the right direction as to what may be wrong with your setup. Not sure that this helps you any but in my opinion you should be able to run FSX at much higher frame rates. Regards, Randy

Randy-your system is verbatum what my old one was-and ditto on the performance-exactly what I got with the same choices you have listed.I have to say now that I have upgraded to a e6750dua 2.66 ghz with 8800 gt card-wow-same performance or better with more turned up!However-the sweet spot can be found with almost any setup-but that does require choices. I am glad we have them via the sliders-they are not there to just move all the way to the right!http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

YukonPete, I can't see the pics, I think you must have removed them. What are your settings and what is your Mobo?

"Everyone with a rig like mine should be able to have this kind of FPS over the water. If you can't, you simply don't have your computer configured like it should."Mine must not be configed right then, could you help me do that? I have a 2Ghz (Athalon64 3200+,) PC w/2.5GB of RAM and a X1300 XGE 512MB. I know, their not the same as yours but it seems to me that according to your specs and FPS, I should at least be able to get 70FPS on the oilrig mission.