Sign in to follow this  
Brocky120

MSFS Adaptive LOD

15 minutes ago, arpal said:

Thank you very much for your effort!

Same for me with 0.3.7  PC Mode and FG active MSFS 1.36.20

I have a question.  I watched  a YT video and this guy said to change the OLOD values and put them in the opposite direction (higher on the ground and lower as we climb).  While it makes some sense, i am sure there is a catch, since noone else has mentioned it.  What is your opinion about this?

I would say that at medium altitudes you can look further in the distance. Setting the tLOD to higher values makes sense But also setting the oLOD to a higher values makes sense to me.

If the buildings and trees line is getting closer to the ac you might see the border …

JustMy2Cents 

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

2 minutes ago, GSalden said:

I would say that at medium altitudes you can look further in the distance. Setting the tLOD to higher values makes sense But also setting the oLOD to a higher values makes sense to me.

If the buildings and trees line is getting closer to the ac you might see the border …

JustMy2Cents 

I am pretty sure buildings and trees are affected by TLOD and not OLOD...

• Like 1

Roi Ben

Just now, roi1862 said:

I am pretty sure buildings and trees are affected by TLOD and not OLOD...

This is what I read :

Terrain LOD: How far it will improve the terrain meshes, and load increasingly better models for TERRAIN only. Too small and mountains and terrain will keep changing shapes constantly as you get near (even at high settings it still do)

Objects LOD: How far it will load objects (buildings, POIs, Taxiways, etc..) and how detailed these objects are the closer they get. Too small and buildings will pop-in closer to you.

Terrain LOD has low-to-medium FPS impact

Objects LOD impact depends on the scenery around you: The more buildings, the higher the impact. It also has a HUGE impact when you are in airports since it means on top of all the airport, it will draw distanct city buildings.

If you are stressed for FPS, lower Object LOD first.

If you are stressed for Memory, lower the overall quality settings first (Buildings, Tress, Grass, Terrain)

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 minute ago, GSalden said:

This is what I read :

Terrain LOD: How far it will improve the terrain meshes, and load increasingly better models for TERRAIN only. Too small and mountains and terrain will keep changing shapes constantly as you get near (even at high settings it still do)

Objects LOD: How far it will load objects (buildings, POIs, Taxiways, etc..) and how detailed these objects are the closer they get. Too small and buildings will pop-in closer to you.

Terrain LOD has low-to-medium FPS impact

Objects LOD impact depends on the scenery around you: The more buildings, the higher the impact. It also has a HUGE impact when you are in airports since it means on top of all the airport, it will draw distanct city buildings.

If you are stressed for FPS, lower Object LOD first.

If you are stressed for Memory, lower the overall quality settings first (Buildings, Tress, Grass, Terrain)

Well it should be rather easy to test...

Roi Ben

2 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

Well it should be rather easy to test...

Will do that in a few days. I have dismantled my cockpit for a part to install a Map light plus wiring 

1 minute ago, GSalden said:

Will do that in a few days. I have dismantled my cockpit for a part to install a Map light plus wiring 

Just checked. OLOD had 0 effect on buildings and trees. Only on 3rd party objects. 

• Like 1

Roi Ben

8 minutes ago, A320SimPilot said:

So, its essential on the ground and irrelevant in the air, right?

I guess it depends on the altitude. I would say at airliner cruise alts its not necessary. Question is also how much do you really save by lowering it. I guess not much...  

• Like 1

Roi Ben

13 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

Just checked. OLOD had 0 effect on buildings and trees. Only on 3rd party objects. 

Thanks for testing.

But what about custom made objects like towers , buildings and bridges ?

Eg : I have OMDB Dubai + Landmark Objects that replace default objects like hotels.

If these custom made objects are connected to the oLOD slider than for me the value needs to go up the higher I fly ..

When approaching at 10.000 ft and seeing the Dubai shore I really want to see the hotels etc

5 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Thanks for testing.

But what about custom made objects like towers , buildings and bridges ?

Eg : I have OMDB Dubai + Landmark Objects that replace default objects like hotels.

If these custom made objects are connected to the oLOD slider than for me the value needs to go up the higher I fly ..

When approaching at 10.000 ft and seeing the Dubai shore I really want to see the hotels etc

I guess it will be any objects that is not auto generated by Blackshark (Buildings, Trees, bridges etc...)   

All the Blackshark assets are attached to the TLOD. 

Edited by roi1862

Roi Ben

12 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

I guess it depends on the altitude. I would say at airliner cruise alts its not necessary. Question is also how much do you really save by lowering it. I guess not much...  

I agree with you. I believe the best combination for stutter free and visual quality on the ground is low TLOD and high OLOD.  In the air high LOD and maybe keep OLOD untouched... I am flying at this moment with these settings and perfromance is really good

• Like 1

lets keep testing 

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

Anyone else getting a permanent TLOD: 0  OLOD: 0  displayed in the box in version 3.6? Previous versions worked but this one doesn't seem to change the values as I fly.

Edited by MNORM

6 minutes ago, MNORM said:

Anyone else getting a permanent TLOD: 0  OLOD: 0  displayed in the box in version 3.6? Previous versions worked but this one doesn't seem to change the values as I fly.

No problem for me

Frédéric Giraud

1 minute ago, grandfred29 said:

No problem for me

Have reinstalled 3 times but this version just doesn't seem to work for me...oh well.  I'll just manually change the TLOD if things slow down.