Sign in to follow this  
vbazillio

SayIntentions.AI

4 hours ago, vbazillio said:

Did the taxi clearance matched the real taxi layout of this airport

So far all taxiway routings have matched Foreflight airport diagrams.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

5 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I use Foreflight as my EFB - all taxiway routings have matched Foreflight airport diagrams so far.

Yeah, Ive only just recently decided to give it a whirl for a month, but the taxi routing is *mostly* right.  And when they're not, I've asked for confirmation and they get it right the second time, even apologize!

Its pretty cool. 

6 minutes ago, JughedJones said:

And when they're not, I've asked for confirmation and they get it right the second time, even apologize!

The well-known "oh you're right, I'm sorry for the confusion" is a symbol of all this AI affirming something totally wrong, then say the opposite and apologize. At least with all the public LLM you have the "check for mistake" warning 😉

It happened a lot during the Beta, clearing to runway that doesn't exist and giving taxi route based on default MSFS 😉

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, vbazillio said:

The well-known "oh you're right, I'm sorry for the confusion" is a symbol of all this AI affirming something totally wrong, then say the opposite and apologize. At least with all the public LLM you have the "check for mistake" warning 😉

It happened a lot during the Beta, clearing to runway that doesn't exist and giving taxi route based on default MSFS 😉

Well... I choose to believe I'm helping it learn. hahahahaha

I'm enjoying the service so far, warts, niggles, and all. The dev Brian is insanely responsive. 

Edited by JughedJones
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, vbazillio said:

The well-known "oh you're right, I'm sorry for the confusion" is a symbol of all this AI affirming something totally wrong, then say the opposite and apologize

Yes, very human.  Just listen to thousands of ATC vids on Youtube to hear ATC or pilots getting it wrong and apologizing.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Yes, very human.  Just listen to thousands of ATC vids on Youtube to hear ATC or pilots getting it wrong and apologizing

Unfortunately, it doesn’t match my 900+ IRL VFR hours experience flying in France and US. Of course, errors are human.But not the way it’s happened with this AI LLM playing ATC: stating totally non-sense clearance like providing a routing with taxiway names that don’t exist on their field, then recognizing « oh, you’re right I apologize& then shooting another clearance guess from whatever sources to make it credible… but no 🙂 Don’t misunderstand, I love these tech, I test it, I love ATC phraseology and it should be way better in MSFS. There are some immersion killing features for now. I can’t wait for the next competitor in this area.

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Maybe I have been lucky. Have had no taxi issues at all so far. Mostly positive.

Most of my flying out of California however.

Even IFR is getting way better.

Only loading up for a month or two. Really going to miss it.

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

For around $30 a month  you cold have ATC from real controllers. https://www.pilotedge.net/

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I don’t pay for using ATC IRL I don’t think should pay for virtual one . lol
The thing is ATC is not just human like sounding voice -  it’s specific to aviation talking culture . When I learnt to fly, as foreigner, I struggled a lot with understanding English speaking  ATC. But over the years I found many native English speaking student struggle as well . Real life ATC always have it own specific and right now I don’t see how generic  AI could ace it

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

51 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

For around $30 a month  you cold have ATC from real controllers. https://www.pilotedge.net/

Agreed, PilotEdge is superb, but limited coverage.

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Actually, using this before going to Pilot Edge.

Very intimating Pilot Edge, but seeing as I do almost all of my VFR flying in CA it only make sense.

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Yeah...  It's true. They're great, but the anxiety I have of getting everything perfect limits me from getting as much as I'd like out of it. 

I know I'm not gonna get fired or anything, but man I'm on edge when I think about flying when it's real interactions with trained people.  

The idea of non judgemental AI, if and when the tech fills out, makes it so I get just the right amount of nervous about getting things right. 

• Upvote 1