Sign in to follow this  
St Mawgan

Famous Flyer 8: Cessna T207A

5 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Well, the typical Carenado model for the Stationair. Is it just me (and thus being wrong) or should this plane not sit lower to the ground if fully loaded, e.g. all seats occupied? I know, it is just around 10$, but nowadays I really like to have those seats occupied by a 3D model, is this implemented here? 

The plane is going down quite a bit if you load her up and the nose is getting high a lot. Pax are not modelled. Cargo is modelled (even though I ask myself who is waiting for xbox x packages to be delivered in the rural bush strips...). Actually there are a lot of discussions about the zombie pax in different models. I'm always splitted on these, too.

Cheers T.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Matchstick said:

I've tried it both with and without the additional package and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Definitely odd but at it's least easily fixable

Hmmm. weird indeed. I just checked again and read about it and if you have the GNS WT package with the actual image of the gauge installed in parallel it should work as a linker package and do this job. Working on my end on all affected planes without a problem.

Cheers T.

image.png?ex=6595231f&is=6582ae1f&hm=4c2

image.png?ex=65952065&is=6582ab65&hm=f49

2 hours ago, lancealotg said:

Is that an involved process?

Would it be possible to walk me through on making this community mod for myself?

To avoid cluttering this thread I'll send you the details in a Message.

2 minutes ago, Torsen said:

Hmmm. weird indeed. I just checked again and read about it and if you have the GNS WT package with the actual image of the gauge installed in parallel it should work as a linker package and do this job. Working on my end on all affected planes without a problem.

Cheers T.

image.png?ex=6595231f&is=6582ae1f&hm=4c2

image.png?ex=65952065&is=6582ab65&hm=f49

Yeah, that redirect doesn't seem to be not working for me on the T207 or a couple of other planes I've now tried (I tend to be flying planes with the GTNs so not really noticed till now)

If I remember correctly the way you checked if the aircraft was in balance for flight - you loaded everything in  & then walked down to the tail & pushed it down - if the tail stayed down you had to move some stuff forward - if the tail came up it was correctly  balanced - a bush pilots way of checking the weight & balance - worked for the C206 as well!!

• Like 5

Rattso

Cooler Master Cosmos 700M - Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme D5 - intel i9-12900K(water cooled) - 128gb Corsair Vengeance 5200 D5 - Gigabyte Asorus 4090 waterforce - EVGA 2000W P/S - Creative AE-7 - intel Optane 500gb - 3x 2tb M2 SSDs - 2x 2tb Samsung EVO SSDs - 1x Hybrid 2tb HDD - Thrustmaster Warthog - Honeycombe Bravo quadrant - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - MFG Crosswind - Samsung Oddesy Ark - G9 49" monitor

I think it's really pretty good. Sure, systems depth isn't fantastic, but I found a POH online and I think it flies pretty well by the numbers. At 6,000', with MP 26" and RPM 2,200 the book says you'll lean to GPH 12.9 (standard day) - and it does. They also say to lean for GPH 31 with short field take-offs, and this works too. I find the flight dynamics pretty good too. A lot of RW chatter is around how poorly it performs while loaded, and when it's heavy the climb rate isn't great, as expected. Now we just need Black Square or WB-sim to work their magic and it'll be terrific!

I have a problem when I start the aircraft. The prop and mixture full forward and and throttle just open. As soon as it starts the manifold pressures goes to 36" and RPM to 2800. No matter what I do to the throttle nothing happens remains at 36". Prop and mixture operate as normal.

I am using the Honeycomb B and have no issues with other aircraft with my current settings. Any help would be appreciated as at the moment the aircraft looks like being deleted to the hangar.

If you can walk away it's a good landing

Disregard. It seems to be cleared with the WT GNS fix.

• Like 1

If you can walk away it's a good landing

Any documentation , poh, checklist intel out there?

I guess it would be safe to say fly the 207T close to the 206T numbers and you should be good?

Can anybody tune the autopilot altitude with the Honeycomb Bravo?

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

Paladin may find something in the MSFS forum here-- https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/famous-flyer-8-cessna-t207a/621981

This is about all the info I am getting on the 207T.  I am thinking about giving this bird a try.

Not a bad little Cessna SUV.  I think it represents the turbo fairly well in the sim.  But I am not claiming to know anything about turbo this or that.

Happy Landings