My Steam just downloaded an update and it looks like 12.0.9... but I see no mention of it anywhere or a changelog... Anyone aware of anything?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

My Steam just downloaded an update and it looks like 12.0.9... but I see no mention of it anywhere or a changelog... Anyone aware of anything?

12.09 was withdrawn so I dont know, no its not released yet, But its supposed to only be minor hot fixes and scenery cut, nothing else.

Edited by mjrhealth

1 minute ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

Huh? When? I am on the Beta Channel on Steam and it downloaded a couple of hours ago. 

It had issues, so they withdrew it, I can only assume steam never did.

Weird, I can't even find anything on the web about this. I guess I am gonna get out of the Beta Channel to re-download 12.0.8.

1 hour ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

Weird, I can't even find anything on the web about this.

Was mentioned on the other forum.

Posted (edited)

It has be re-released now. Release notes from the X-Plane Discord:

● Global scenery update! We’ve re-rendered the scenery with slight improvements. Including slightly higher and more accurate mesh fidelity, new autogen/forestry updates and flattening issues with some airports.
● Scenery update notification - Users will be notified in the sim main menu if a scenery update is available to download
● Add command to “dump scenery test fixture” to log (Under Developer menu)
● XPD-14928 - F14 AoA indexer does not indicate "on speed" AoA unless the hook is down

● XPD-14897 - Missing some objects from the default library (ground markings, fire extinguishers, fuel-related OBJs)

● XPD-14899 - Prevent crashes for ATC background tasks running before the airport has loaded.

● XPD-14529 - Bug report "Save flight / Load flight situation in XP12." New changes should help reduce replay-related CTD issues.

After upgrading to 12.0.9, you'll likely need to launch XP12 before you can download the scenery recut. XP needs to download and install a new version of the installer before it'll see the scenery update.

Edited by Malaromane
Formatting
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Malaromane said:

It has be re-released now. Release notes from the X-Plane Discord:

After upgrading to 12.0.9, you'll likely need to launch XP12 before you can download the scenery recut. XP needs to download and install a new version of the installer before it'll see the scenery update.

I am curious if this also applies to the Steam version... 

This is a crazy update on my end, did they rush it out the door? I have three identical computers with XP12 installed. All three took the update to 12.0.9 update. Center computer updates scenery to 12.0.9-rc2 the left and right are left at 12.0.9, no scenery updates for these two computers.

Anyone else seeing this?

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

9 minutes ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

This is a crazy update on my end, did they rush it out the door? I have three identical computers with XP12 installed. All three took the update to 12.0.9 update. Center computer updates scenery to 12.0.9-rc2 the left and right are left at 12.0.9, no scenery updates for these two computers.

Anyone else seeing this?

If you haven't already, try launching XP12 on the two that don't see the scenery updates? I had to do that on my PC (in order to download a newer version of the X-Plane Installer) before the scenery cut became available.

Just now, Malaromane said:

If you haven't already, try launching XP12 on the two that don't see the scenery updates? I had to do that on my PC (in order to download a newer version of the X-Plane Installer) before the scenery cut became available.

I have XP12.0.9 installed on all three computers, I even reboot them. Center shows 12.0.9-rc2 and the left and right show 12.0.9. Ran the install and it shows no scenery updates available.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

6 minutes ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

I have XP12.0.9 installed on all three computers, I even reboot them. Center shows 12.0.9-rc2 and the left and right show 12.0.9. Ran the install and it shows no scenery updates available.

You have to run xplane it will download new installer than upgrade scenery

Just now, mjrhealth said:

You have to run xplane it will download new installer than upgrade scenery

Did that, that's how I knew it took the 12.0.9 update, I could see it in the lower right side of the boot screen.

This is very strange.

The computer that took the scenery update now show 12.09 and the two that didn't take any additional scenery now shows 12.09rc2 after a cold boot.