Sign in to follow this  
Hyper14

What are some good and popular Virtual airlines?

Hi, I want to join a virtual airline and was wondering what are some of the most popular VA that fly in Europe? I have about 200 flight hours on msfs. Also, I'm new to this so I'm curious if after I join a VA can I still fly with the real life airlines liveries, or does the VA give me a special livery for them?:)

I have been flying with -flyuk- https://flyuk.aero/ for about 10 years now and they are fantastic, a real professional outfit. 

• Like 1

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

There isn't a universal answer to your question, it strongly depends on what you are looking for. Free fly or simulating a real airline? Vatsim or IVAO? Worldwide or regional? Jets or props? Modern or historical? Realistic or casual operations? I recommend reading through the following guide, 

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/299/

think about a few points that are important to you and then google for a VA.

Peter

Thanks, but there is any VA that allows pilots under 16:)? I don't think so. I'm asking cuz I'm 13

A Pilots Life V2,highly recommend.

• Like 1

Another vote for flyuk.aero 

Fantastic VA with realistic ops, lot's of variety and support.

• Like 1

Not that I’m aware of.  I’ve been with them since 2021 and fly for all three so the whole world is pretty much covered.  They have a pilots manual for any questions you might have.

3 hours ago, Hyper14 said:

Thanks, but there is any VA that allows pilots under 16:)? I don't think so. I'm asking cuz I'm 13

I think VAs that strive for realism would generally have an age limit, but most will be happy to support new talent 🙂

Have a look at Newsky, a free app that contains a lot of VAs that use it. 

1 hour ago, qqwertz said:

I think VAs that strive for realism would generally have an age limit, but most will be happy to support new talent 🙂

Have a look at Newsky, a free app that contains a lot of VAs that use it. 

I tried Newsky for a week or two, and went back to A Pilot's Life. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 hours ago, Hyper14 said:

Question, is there any age restriction for the start alliance VA?

I didn't fill out any age info (I think) when I registered. If there is one, it's honor system. None of them require any sort of proof. I think the age limits are more for laws around data collection.

I am a member of these VAs and they are quite good.

For those who are part of a VA -

1. Do you need to fly on VATSIM for each flight?

2. What are the benefits of flying with a VA?

I'm currently flying with Turkish Airlines on APL and I'm tempted to sign up for the Star Alliance group posted above but I'm unsure of how it all works,

thanks

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

You do not need to fly on vatsim. For me with the one world airlines the tours and accruing points to work through the ranks is a lot of the appeal. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310