Sign in to follow this  
Pilot53

Black square TBM - Odd first impression

33 minutes ago, kdfw__ said:

we can debate the pfactor on a desktop sim all day but your original issue was ' It was impossible to get the airplane in trim even with full nose down trim the airplane wanted to pitch up aggressively at cruise speeds' which no one here has observed. has this issue been explained and resolved? 

Yes for some reason that never happened again, I think it had to do with weight and balance maybe.   If the whole pfactor thing was realistic on this airplane I would be ok with it, but i have a hard time believing that the real one would behave this badly.  And when i finally get it to fly straight with the rudder the ball is not centered.  If I add enough aileron to get it to fly straight and rudder to center the ball, I have to hold left or right aileron in constantly.  Something just seems fundamentally off with it. 

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

You might want to try reinstalling or checking for other control or mod conflicts. This plane flies beautifully for me and I do not have the problems you are describing.

On a related note, I think the dev is going to update it after the Dukes are released. They are getting wing flex and I believe he's adding that to the 850 too.

1 hour ago, Pilot53 said:

Yes for some reason that never happened again, 

that's good.  took her up and flies fine, didn't battle to keep the ball centered or aileron input.  sure your trim is centered to start with?  no funky msfs assistance mode on by accident?  what if you activate ap straight level flight?

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

The torque effects have never seemed excessive to me. Weren't people complaining that it was not enough after release?? The airplane has a torque limiter for the purpose of limiting TO roll effects. I would expect them to be high compared to other less powerful aircraft. I also prefer the conventional instruments, but that's besides the point.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

but i have a hard time believing that the real one would behave this badly.  And when i finally get it to fly straight with the rudder the ball is not centered. 

If you think this thing is funky try the SWS PC-12.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

13 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Never trust default . First make sure your primary flight control assigned to aileron axis. Second check if there are conflict with double assignment of the same function from two different controllers

If that was the issue it would show up on every plane for @pilot53, but this appears to be TBM-related.

21 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

I decided to try out the blacksquare tbm, and my initial first impression was not good, maybe I am doing something wrong

The BS TBM has one of the best flight models in MSFS imho.  I do not recognise any of the problems you mention.  

Maybe the install had issues, maybe your controller setup has an issue - all that can be said is there is nothing wrong with the TBM itself.  Sorry I can't offer a suggestion, but your problem is not the TBM.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

If you haven't already checked...make sure your sim has not spontaneously set itself to the Legacy flight model.  I've had the sim do that (when it was new and many SUs were flying at us), and had a heck of a time with the default Bonanza until I stumbled on to this. 

Now its the 1st thing I check whenever a plane is not flying right, and everyone else says its working fine for them.

s9Bj4J.png

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

8 hours ago, Tierborn said:

If that was the issue it would show up on every plane for @pilot53, but this appears to be TBM-related.

That sounds right but I think the OP only referenced comparing to the A2A Comanche, which wouldn't be a valid comparison, would it? Since it's flight modeling is all done outside of the core sim?

Might be worth the time for the OP to compare the TBM problems to other, more standard sim planes than the Comanche.

I've also had some issues in the past where some of the assistance options got changed somehow without my knowledge and caused problems.

• Upvote 1

On 1/9/2024 at 10:16 AM, Steve Dra said:

If you haven't already checked...make sure your sim has not spontaneously set itself to the Legacy flight model.  I've had the sim do that (when it was new and many SUs were flying at us), and had a heck of a time with the default Bonanza until I stumbled on to this. 

Now its the 1st thing I check whenever a plane is not flying right, and everyone else says its working fine for them.

s9Bj4J.png

Thanks, that is one of the first few things I checked.  The first problem of not being able to trim the airplane seems to have been a one off, I think some weird things were going on with the default weight and balance manager.  For some reason it also likes to show red lines through the airplane when I change parameters, no Idea what that means since this is my first time in a long time really using the default load manager.  As far as the yaw and banking tendency, maybe I just need to get used to the plane a bit more, way more P factor than I am used to which I guess is to be expected with the amount of power this thing produces.  

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero