Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Shoveling snow causes heart attacks.

Dangerous!

-----------

So get help!

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Or rather, issues were present and the physical activity was the final straw.

• Upvote 1

It is a good physical exercise. I am 74 and been doing it for the past 65 years. Of course I do exercises as well: walk in the park, interior cycle and 10bx.And I do take pauses when the shoveling is harder with wet snow. So use your judgment...Cheers from snowy Varennes

Pierre

I see folks shovelling snow at 11:00 pm, in the middle of the storm, after the first 5" or so have fallen, which makes it easier to do the rest in the morning.

Dugald Walker

Bought a snow blower last year. Girl Scouts do "be prepared " too. May get to use it soon...

Edited by Penzoil3

I shoveled snow into my mid 80s.  Probably could still do it if we had any and I still lived in the old house.  But it's something I don't have to worry about anymore.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Snow is a rare occurrence where I am. Last decent effort was 2013. We did get close to freezing the other day and a slight sprinkle of what could loosely be described as snow, on the west coast. Was a winter task in the UK of course but not as common as it was when I were younger.

Getting your pulse up in literally any sort of exercise and physical activity can cause a heart attack if you are predispositioned to it. What an absolute dumb angle to this.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 hour ago, Sethos said:

Getting your pulse up in literally any sort of exercise and physical activity can cause a heart attack if you are predispositioned to it.

Lots of gentle exercises recommended for those who have had heart attacks:

https://www.heartfoundation.org.au/bundles/support/physical-activity-after-a-heart-attack

Dugald Walker