Sign in to follow this  
peroni

What's in 12.1.0? Official info

4 hours ago, Franz007 said:

There is also a fix for the antialiasing-issue that is described here: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/293084-anti-aliasing-solution/

Thanks for the tip, I'll try. 👍

• Like 1

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]

One simple question: Has this been released, or if not, any idea when?

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, PDX Flyer said:

One simple question: Has this been released, or if not, any idea when?

Seriously, did you even read the first post?

On 1/18/2024 at 11:01 PM, efis007 said:

The script trick is 100% identical to that of the year 2020, and consists of removing all the shadows or lightening them so that they are less black.
Unfortunately this trick (which worked very well in XP11) does not work effectively with XP12.

I quote myself to correct my mistake.
I did further testing and noticed that the "old Xp11 script" also works with Xp12.
Probably in the first tests I manipulated too many art controls, and therefore the script did not seem to work at all.
Instead it works. 👍

The antialiasing trick suggested by Franz007 also works.
Nice Shot. 👍

And a very old XP10 freeware plugin even works, I used it to do light/color correction without using Reshade (which often crashes the sim).

With these temporary tricks my Xp12.0.8 has now improved (I show some photos below).
I'm sure that v12.1 will definitely be better... but in the meantime I'm enjoying this souped-up v12.0. 🙂

a320-2024-01-19-22-19-29.jpg

a320-2024-01-19-22-34-56.jpg

a320-2024-01-19-22-39-18.jpg

a320-2024-01-19-22-47-53.jpg

• Like 2

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]

6 hours ago, tonywob said:

It was VFR... I was approaching an airport (I think it was Bellingham in Washington), and asked to land. I was vectored away from the airport over the water and told to climb to 8000ft... 30 minutes later after a huge pointless detour, I was finally on a very long visual approach to the runway. There was same terrain around the airport, but I wasn't vectored towards that. 

Similar experience flying from Van Nuys to Santa Monica. 10m VFR flight turns into 30+ detour over the ocean. SMO to VNY is even worse. To many ATC hand offs, only to be vectored a couple hundred feet above the mountains. A delay or wrong heading is instant death.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

One needs to remember you dont have to respond to ATC every call, every third will doo, reduces some issues.

1 hour ago, strider1 said:

To many ATC hand offs

according to you or according to skydeamon?

AutoATC Developer

16 hours ago, efis007 said:

The antialiasing trick suggested by Franz007 also works.
Nice Shot. 👍

Happy that it worked for you too 🙂

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

On 1/19/2024 at 7:10 PM, tonywob said:

It was VFR... I was approaching an airport (I think it was Bellingham in Washington), and asked to land. I was vectored away from the airport over the water and told to climb to 8000ft... 30 minutes later after a huge pointless detour, I was finally on a very long visual approach to the runway. There was same terrain around the airport, but I wasn't vectored towards that. 

The terrain seems to drive ATC decisions, even if it is not in your flight path.

Let's hope 12.1.0 improves matters.

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

15 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

The terrain seems to drive ATC decisions, even if it is not in your flight path.

Yes it does was mentioned a while ago, fix for ATC not flying you into mountains. They havnt quiet figured out how to implement I think due to coarseness of data. Not to bad an issue when nearest terrain is 40 miles  away, rel issue when your airport in valley.

Edited by mjrhealth

5 hours ago, Bjoern said:

Let's hope 12.1.0 improves matters.

Not in my case. Flying IFR into Van Nuys has me 500' below the highest peak which was less then a mile away, only to be skimming the mountain tops a couple hundred feet above.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

1 hour ago, strider1 said:

Not in my case. Flying IFR into Van Nuys has me 500' below the highest peak which was less then a mile away, only to be skimming the mountain tops a couple hundred feet above.

Se post above

On 1/20/2024 at 7:56 PM, mjrhealth said:

Yes it does was mentioned a while ago, fix for ATC not flying you into mountains. They havnt quiet figured out how to implement I think due to coarseness of data. Not to bad an issue when nearest terrain is 40 miles  away, rel issue when your airport in valley.

Well, knowing that the SDK has a way to probe terrain at any given point, I don't know what's keeping them from using that for vectoring. Plot a lateral route for vectors, then probe the terrain for elevation every, say, 50 m of that route to calculate a vertical profile. If the route cuts through terrain, extend the final until the downwind and base are clear of obstacles. Since probes are expensive, this may incur a bit of a framerate hit, but there's no free lunch anyway.

• Upvote 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days