Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

iFly MAX Beta update 2 18JAN24

Nice. Glad to see ifly still supporting this plane in p3d.  

thanks for posting

Orman

Thanks for the head's-up! Much appreciated.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

At first glance, the addition of the ignition sounds seems a little goofy. I doubt they're audible from the outside when the engines are running IRL.

Happy to see this great addon taking some "love" from the developer !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

For one thing great, the FPS is much smoother than Beta1!

I still see quite some logic bugs, especially VNAV related problems were not addressed yet.

Nice to see them working on the P3D version still.

Will keep waiting patiently for the P3D v6 update.

5 hours ago, C2615 said:

For one thing great, the FPS is much smoother than Beta1!

I still see quite some logic bugs, especially VNAV related problems were not addressed yet.

Can you point me to these bugs ?  I would like to test.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

One bug @jcomm : I noticed that when the plane reaches a waypoint, it tries to make a turn, even though the route is straight ahead... and they are violent "turns", with quite pronounced angles.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

This is my one complaint as well.  Turns are too “violent” as you put it, but I think it has been like this since the initial release.

Orman

In my short test flight from LPPR to LPPT I didn't find any of these abrupt turns, but I do recall having experienced it in other occasions indeed...

What I did have to fight was a big difficulty in losing speed on the STAR and ARR ... I had to use full and intermediate speedbrakes during the final segment and down to landing 😕

Then, I always strive to rmember how to properly load the iFly MAX models from the Simbrief OFP... Weight usually don't match, and there being no official SimBrief profile doesn't help either...

Apparently default crew weight in the Conf Manager is different from PAX weight, but there should be more information available, and even better, SimBrief Profiles for each of the variants.

Main Simulation Rig:

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

Then, I always strive to rmember how to properly load the iFly MAX models from the Simbrief OFP... Weight usually don't match, and there being no official SimBrief profile doesn't help either...

Apparently default crew weight in the Conf Manager is different from PAX weight, but there should be more information available, and even better, SimBrief Profiles for each of the variants.

Nah, just match ZFW and you are fine.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, C2615 said:

Nah, just match ZFW and you are fine.

You're right, but I would rather prefer to have a smooth integration of a SimBrief OFP with my P3D flights 😕

But it's actually how I am doing it @C2615 !  I copy the ZFW, adjust the pax nuumber and cargo accordingly, and that's it ...

BTW: Is it possible to enable VSD in the ND ? How ? I press the CTR button on the MODE selector, but VSD doesn't get displayed ?

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

BTW: Is it possible to enable VSD in the ND ? How ? I press the CTR button on the MODE selector, but VSD doesn't get displayed ?

There is a dedicated VSD button

• Like 1

Didn't find it... Should have read the manual...

Thx!

Main Simulation Rig: