Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Pretty cool Snow plugin

Reads NOAA data and injects snow into XP12.

Looks really cool I'm about to try it

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/89465-accumulated-snow/

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I don't know.  It works with live weather and custom (it basically overrides it I think).

But here are some shorts near Burlington VT, USA (KBTV)

53476102024_3d4852bb93_o.jpgnsm_depth_2024012005_Northeast by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

53475928243_5b79732a0b_o.jpgburlingtoncitywide by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

53476201620_2eed45e8ac_o.jpgburlingtonramp by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

53475788311_74efd70e8c_o.jpgburlingtoncity by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

20 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Great addon!!....And why can't laminar do this?

They are/will, apparently, not sure when though.

• Upvote 2

ActiveSky users might be happy to know they put out a test build with snow. I tried it and it works like the plugin - though I don't know if there will be differences depth or issues with either. I have been flying with the new plugin across northern US and it is so immersive with snow I can't get enough.

We have a snowball competition, boyz.

https://www.mediafire.com/file_premium/v8d5jb7zm6w5sb0/ASXP12_Install.exe/file

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, dolph98 said:

ActiveSky users might be happy to know they put out a test build with snow. I tried it and it works like the plugin - though I don't know if there will be differences depth or issues with either. I have been flying with the new plugin across northern US and it is so immersive with snow I can't get enough.

We have a snowball competition, boyz.

https://www.mediafire.com/file_premium/v8d5jb7zm6w5sb0/ASXP12_Install.exe/file

Great, thanks for that info. I am downloading it and will try. The Snow-plugin is really good, although not perfect. I noticed for example that it puts ice on the airport-tarmac where it looks like ice but doesn't behave like it (the ice-datarefs on the ground stay at zero and the breaking-coefficient doesn't seem to be affected too)

• Like 1

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

This is superb.. just taking it for a test spin around northern Washington and it works a treat :wub:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Franz007 said:

it puts ice on the airport-tarmac where it looks like ice but doesn't behave like it

Right, I noticed it too - I'd be afraid to walk on what looks like slippery ground. But hey, this is an early version and maybe auto-slipperyness will come along eventually. You can set a data ref to reduce runway friction but I don't know if it works well. I think someone wrote a FWL script for this on the org.

There is a new version today of the Accumulated Snow plugin that addresses a few woes but not icy conditions yet, He's working on frozen lakes and streams I think. I have not yet tested the latest version.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dolph98 said:

Right, I noticed it too - I'd be afraid to walk on what looks like slippery ground. But hey, this is an early version and maybe auto-slipperyness will come along eventually. You can set a data ref to reduce runway friction but I don't know if it works well. I think someone wrote a FWL script for this on the org.

There is a new version today of the Accumulated Snow plugin that addresses a few woes but not icy conditions yet, He's working on frozen lakes and streams I think. I have not yet tested the latest version.

Absolutely. It is still the very beginning of that plugin and it's great to see him improving it. Let's see 🙂

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

Works A+!

2 hours ago, tonywob said:

Well, considering that 12.1.0 will get some weather optimizations, it would be the best of opportunities to roll such a feature in.

• Like 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

On 1/20/2024 at 4:22 PM, tonywob said:

if i was given a pound for everytime i heard this....

14ppkc-6.png

interesting i flew into Innsbruck on sunday, mid winter ski season,  It looked like august.  

A320-2024-01-21-12-55-21.png

A320-2024-01-21-14-26-06.png

14ppkc-6.png

and with the app looks like this.  finally the alps looks correct

A320-2024-01-23-12-41-12.png

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

interesting i flew into Innsbruck on sunday, mid winter ski season,  It looked like august. 

One reason MIGHT 😄 be that there currently isn't snow in Innsbruck (apart from the top of the hills): https://www.innsbruck.info/webcam/?frontentry=https%3A%2F%2Finnsbruck.panomax.com. Another reason might be that the NOAA data for that region is "sparse".

2024-01-23.jpg

Watch my YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/@flyingcarpet1340/

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS.

im aware they are having a bit of a rubbish ski season, but the default without the app looks like mid summer , in my opinion.

14ppkc-6.png