Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Use of ORBX Vector in p3d v5.4...

4 hours ago, spilok said:

I tried reinstalling Orbx Vector tonight again.  I had uninstalled it in 5.4 because I really thought it decreased performance.  After a simple flight from KABE to KMIA, the performance was significantly unacceptable. I then uninstalled it again.  I'm sure I will be happier without it.

But, did you apply John's fixes ?

I'm fine at adaptive half refresh rate set through 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Preferred addons: TOLISS A32N, TOGA MU-2, VSkylabs DC-3 and R66, LES DC-3, AWX DC-3

7 hours ago, jcomm said:

But, did you apply John's fixes ?

I'm fine at adaptive half refresh rate set through 

No. I did not.  I will try to find that fix and give it a try.

Stan

6 minutes ago, spilok said:

No. I did not.  I will try to find that fix and give it a try.

Stan

If, possible then give us some feedback.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Preferred addons: TOLISS A32N, TOGA MU-2, VSkylabs DC-3 and R66, LES DC-3, AWX DC-3

I have a question. Is ORBX Global Vector even of any use or does it add anything if you're flying in other ORBX True Earth or ORBX regions such as Northern California for example, or TE Florida? I would expect those addons would have their own vector placed when developed. Or how about photoreal scenery by other developer such as MSE or some of the great donation ware contributors to our community? If you do a great deal of your low and slow flying in areas such as this is the extra load of Global Vector worth it? I think I'll uninstall it for a while and see.

Vic green

On 1/22/2024 at 4:36 PM, johncott said:

If you try my fix, any feedback is appreciated.

Definitely faster when opening the map or zooming gps maps. Me to had Vector disabled longtime and last fall installed it again. Good this thread brought it up again, cause I had forgotten about your fix. Thanks John.

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

9 hours ago, Patco Lch said:

I have a question. Is ORBX Global Vector even of any use or does it add anything if you're flying in other ORBX True Earth or ORBX regions such as Northern California for example, or TE Florida? I would expect those addons would have their own vector placed when developed. Or how about photoreal scenery by other developer such as MSE or some of the great donation ware contributors to our community? If you do a great deal of your low and slow flying in areas such as this is the extra load of Global Vector worth it? I think I'll uninstall it for a while and see.

I think it depends where you're flying and what add-ons you have.  The default vector data has issues in the Canadian Artic and Canadian North where I like to fly in the summer.  Also around my home airport in Alberta some major rivers are missing water.  That is why I use ORBX vector with my fix and FreemeshX.  ORBX vector in not perfect either.  For example, a section of the Yukon River in Alaska is missing water.  There are some other issues as well. I have also made fixes for these but have not uploaded them yet.

John C.  

• Like 1

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

Hi guys, 

Quick question on this, does anyone have a coverage map, I fly alot in Asia and would like to know if the coastlines/rivers etc have been improved in this area?

Thanks!

Matt

• Like 2

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON) Ryzen 7 5700X3D (with SMT off and CO -50 mV), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Hence my question above. Is a vector addon of any use at all if you’re using photo scenery?

• Like 1

Vic green

1 hour ago, Patco Lch said:

Hence my question above. Is a vector addon of any use at all if you’re using photo scenery?

Maybe I'll install it and then deactivate it if it goes awry, my photoscenery is always a higher priority that the ORBX base layers (apart from the airports)

• Like 1

Orbx Global Vector P3Dv4.5 GREECE Coastline Shoreline

Hello

I have a problem with GREECE Coastline Shoreline with P3Dv4.5, the coastline are not good

The problem is solved is I desactivate "F:\Prepar3Dv4\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_CVX\scenery\*_WTR_Waterbodies*.bgl"

But i don't know what file is it ! I don't want to do this.

Any solution please ?