Sign in to follow this  
Beagle12

Local Legends Bell 47J Ranger

Not a stupid question at all, as they are not always included with the aircraft.

Below is a link to manuals for MSFS Local Legends and some other sim aircraft.  It may appear here eventually. 
I notice the Saab B17 is up and that was a recent one.  There is normally just a bit of a lag.  [ Original credit to Bert Pieke for highlighting the page ].

https://www.flightsimulator.com/aircraft-manuals/

EDIT:  It's up!  Fourth one in the list. :smile:  Note, the server is slow for me at the moment so it may take a few seconds to load. 

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Is it nicely modelled ?

For an heli of that era I guess a lot of anti-torque pedal input is required with collective changes ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

25 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Is it nicely modelled ?

For an heli of that era I guess a lot of anti-torque pedal input is required with collective changes ?

As shown by some of the YouTube reviews, It is very nicely modelled.  It is done by IniBuilds, who seem to have a bit of an agreement with MS / Asobo now.  Not a bad thing.   They also did the Saab B17, which I like.

It also has a basic EFB to turn on modern navigation systems if you want, plus a few other nice features.  Sounds are nicely done, with a nice bit of blade slap as you feed in the torque.

As for pedal input. I haven't tried it myself yet as I am still downloading the Caribbean update! :sad: 

In the YouTube reviews, it didn't seem too bad on torque - nobody struggled with it for sure. 
This could be due to two things.  1, not a very powerful engine, and 2, I am not sure how much the tail rotor adjusts for this. Obviously it should a bit at least. 
I am not an expert on helicopters, but I wonder if the tail rotors alter pitch to compensate for the collective application.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

29 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Is it nicely modelled ?

IMHO not really. To my mind it's not the worst helo in MSFS but it's pretty clear ini don't have that much experience building them.

For example the torque effects you are talking about are almost totally missing which is somewhat different to the Fly Inside Bell 47G.

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

IMHO not really. To my mind it's not the worst helo in MSFS but it's pretty clear ini don't have that much experience building them.

Sorry, my view on 'modelled' was the 3D model, you are talking about the flight modelling I suppose?  I haven't had the chance to try it yet.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobcat999 said:

Sorry, my view on 'modelled' was the 3D model, you are talking about the flight modelling I suppose?  I haven't had the chance to try it yet.  

That's fair enough, nothing to apologise for.

Everyone wants different things from a model so this certainly a pretty looking one with great visibility for sightseeing, but for me it doesn't really tick the boxes.

• Like 2

Looking at some youtubes it really doesn't look like torque effects are modelled... They really should be quite noticeable in such an old timmer heli... Maybe it can be tuned (?)...

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

5 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Looking at some youtubes it really doesn't look like torque effects are modelled... They really should be quite noticeable in such an old timmer heli... Maybe it can be tuned (?)...

I will be able to fly it later. I will see how it feels. 

• Like 1

You all have to keep in mind the purpose of this helicopter. It is not supposed to be extremely hard to fly and have a precise flight model that requires a lot of rudder input.

It is something that is meant to appeal to a very large range of users including Xbox and casual simmers who just want to have fun and enjoy a helicopter that is easy to fly for a cheap price. That's it. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

I found it does need some rudder input when pulling the collective, so it is modelled.

I also found it difficult in the hover.  Once moving forward it was easier of course.

• Like 1

Something I do not understand is why MS had this heli made by a 3PD when they did a great little bird with the Cabri by themselves. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

So far the only local legend I won't be buying... Would have rather seen somthing like a CV440 or other old freighter that still fly in the Caribbean.

Edited by z06z33
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

1 hour ago, z06z33 said:

...Would have rather seen something like a CV440 or other old freighter that still fly in the Caribbean.

Good shout! I would die for one of those.

• Upvote 1