Sign in to follow this  
zachlog

Fenix A320 Freeze

Brand new to the Fenix A320 but not to FlightSim.  Over the past week I read quite a few documents and looked at several videos for the various of flight phases.  Today I attempted my first flight and all worked well through taxiing to the runway threshold.  When I attempted a takeoff roll, the throttles would not move out of the IDLE position (earlier the throttles were calibrated successfully).  I thought the issue might be the controller so I used the keyboard to advance the throttles, arm the speed brake and try moving the flaps.  None worked.  MSFS did not freeze.  The various views still worked and I was able to exit the Fenix and terminate MSFS normally.  Also, I don't have this problem with the PMDG B738.
Does anyone know if there is a fix for this type of problem ?

zachlog

Calibrate your throttles again and save… make sure MSFS active pause is NOT active

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

10 minutes ago, zachlog said:

Brand new to the Fenix A320 but not to FlightSim.  Over the past week I read quite a few documents and looked at several videos for the various of flight phases.  Today I attempted my first flight and all worked well through taxiing to the runway threshold.  When I attempted a takeoff roll, the throttles would not move out of the IDLE position (earlier the throttles were calibrated successfully).  I thought the issue might be the controller so I used the keyboard to advance the throttles, arm the speed brake and try moving the flaps.  None worked.  MSFS did not freeze.  The various views still worked and I was able to exit the Fenix and terminate MSFS normally.  Also, I don't have this problem with the PMDG B738.
Does anyone know if there is a fix for this type of problem ?

are you using a streamdeck with a fenix profile ?

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

1 hour ago, sonny147 said:

are you using a streamdeck with a fenix profile ?

I don't know what "streamdeck" is.  If this means the STREAMER MODE in the Fenix app., it is unchecked.

zachlog

1 hour ago, cavaricooper said:

Calibrate your throttles again and save… make sure MSFS active pause is NOT active

I have already calibrated the throttles multiple times so I don't think this is the problem.  They worked OK during the taxi phase (needed some power for turning a couple of corners).  Also, I tried several functions using the keyboard and this doesn't make a difference, e.g., arm the speed brake (RSHIFT + /), lower flaps to next position (F7).  I had tested these keystrokes prior to starting this flight and they worked fine.

I don't have a key bind for PAUSE.  It's blank.

zachlog

Have you created a separate MSFS profile for the Fenix? You DO NOT want the throttles in MSFS Mapped to Throttle 1 AXIS (0-100%) and instead use the THROTTLE 1 AXIS.

Naturally, you'll want to do this with throttle 1 and 2. You will need to recalibrate after.

Also, I think the only way to use the keyboard is to also set INCR THRUST ON in the Sim Settings in the EFB. This is a per-livery setting which is a pain.

Edited by BrammyH
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BrammyH said:

Have you created a separate MSFS profile for the Fenix? You DO NOT want the throttles in MSFS Mapped to Throttle 1 AXIS (0-100%) and instead use the THROTTLE 1 AXIS.

Naturally, you'll want to do this with throttle 1 and 2. You will need to recalibrate after.

Also, I think the only way to use the keyboard is to also set INCR THRUST ON in the Sim Settings in the EFB. This is a per-livery setting which is a pain.

I do have a separate profile for the Fenix and I am using THROTTLE AXIS, not THROTTLE AXIS (0 TO 100%).  This is probably not the problem because during the taxi phase the throttles behaved well....needed some power above IDLE to turn a couple of corners.  If you have any other suggestions, please let me know...thanks.

zachlog

Are you 100% certain you have no other controller axis assigned to throttle, which might conflict with the one you think you're using? Many people use the Thustmaster stick and throttle quadrant, for example, and the default is for the stick throttle to also be mapped. This leads to the situation where things appear to be calibrated, then all of a sudden the sim starts prioritising the stick throttle over the quadrant and you lose the ability to move the thrust levers via the latter.

• Upvote 1

Ian Box

9 hours ago, zachlog said:

If you have any other suggestions, please let me know...thanks.

Contacting support is my only other suggestion. They are pretty good about sorting these things out.

10 hours ago, BrammyH said:

Contacting support is my only other suggestion. They are pretty good about sorting these things out.

I contacted support and as I suspected the solution was not with axes.  I changed the false to true in these two lines of code in fenixConfig.xml and this fixed the problem.

<wizardVisible>false</wizardVisible>
<wizardChecked>false</wizardChecked>
  • Like 3

zachlog

On 2/6/2024 at 11:34 PM, zachlog said:

I don't know what "streamdeck" is.  If this means the STREAMER MODE in the Fenix app., it is unchecked.

a streamdeck is a button box peripheral , the button you are talking about is the "tuber streamers " i think 

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

10 hours ago, zachlog said:

I contacted support and as I suspected the solution was not with axes.  I changed the false to true in these two lines of code in fenixConfig.xml and this fixed the problem.

<wizardVisible>false</wizardVisible>
<wizardChecked>false</wizardChecked>

Great!  I am glad they helped you fix it.  As @BrammyH said, they are normally pretty good at sorting things out.  What do those lines of code do?

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Great!  I am glad they helped you fix it.  As @BrammyH said, they are normally pretty good at sorting things out.  What do those lines of code do?

This is our new display render tech we developed for V2 - it's in Block 1 in a "hidden" form because we wanted to use it to troubleshoot this stuff with users having issues with old builds and to generally see how it behaves.

We will be making this standard with B2 and switched on for all - but, similarly, it appears some people using Frame Gen mods are encountering issues, so there's a conflict there. It's sporadic, but it's there - so the option to use the older renderer will be made available. 

• Upvote 1

Aamir Thacker

1 hour ago, Aamir said:

This is our new display render tech we developed for V2 - it's in Block 1 in a "hidden" form because we wanted to use it to troubleshoot this stuff with users having issues with old builds and to generally see how it behaves.

We will be making this standard with B2 and switched on for all - but, similarly, it appears some people using Frame Gen mods are encountering issues, so there's a conflict there. It's sporadic, but it's there - so the option to use the older renderer will be made available. 

Hi Aamir, could the wizard setting have caused me very laggy/ freezing when panning in the flight deck after initial load without using any FG Mods ? i have turned if off now 

5 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

fenixConfig.xml

where can I find that file? searched my MSFS drive and no results?! and yes, I do have the fenix installed...

EDIT disregard, search c-drive and found it in programdata folder...

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"