Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Highest actively monthly user number in over a year for MSFS

6 hours ago, Lonesome Cowboy Burt said:

I'll leave the celebratory recounting of statistics that prove it's dominance to others. I just enjoy the sim (it is very good)

This is a MSFS subforum where we talk about all things MSFS so I don't get why you and others are trying to characterize people who want to talk about these things as weird. I could say you're not just enjoying the sim since you're in here talking about it. Is there really something weird about discussing MSFS' success??? The OP created the thread and made no comparisons and I rebutted a misinformed comment with hard facts and all of a sudden this is cheerleading? LMAO.

• Like 5

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 hour ago, Krakin said:

This is a MSFS subforum where we talk about all things MSFS so I don't get why you and others are trying to characterize people who want to talk about these things as weird. I could say you're not just enjoying the sim since you're in here talking about it. Is there really something weird about discussing MSFS' success??? The OP created the thread and made no comparisons and I rebutted a misinformed comment with hard facts and all of a sudden this is cheerleading? LMAO.

"weird" and "cheerleading"?  I never used those words or even implied them, I did use the word "odd" in reference to myself though.

I think you are being a tad over sensitive buddy

Edited by Lonesome Cowboy Burt
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

I can see MSFS 2024 becoming even more attractive to develop for 3rd party developers.

I totally agree. From what we know thus far about MSFS 2024, the scenarios possible within the sim will be hugely expanded. The potential areas for 3rd party development will therefore correspondingly increase. For example, we know that '24 will come with "VIP Charter Service." Perhaps a 3PD will market a "Lizzo Transport Pack" which includes enhanced pushback horsepower.

• Like 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

1 hour ago, David Mills said:

I totally agree. From what we know thus far about MSFS 2024, the scenarios possible within the sim will be hugely expanded. The potential areas for 3rd party development will therefore correspondingly increase. For example, we know that '24 will come with "VIP Charter Service." Perhaps a 3PD will market a "Lizzo Transport Pack" which includes enhanced pushback horsepower.

Totally agree. While some look at the addition of career modes as something that could potentially dumb the sim down, like you, I see it as something that will force 2024 to be something truly remarkable. There's a good chance for instance, that GSX will be rivaled out of the box. They've said that they plan to get the careers right and that will require adding in a ton of assets and a very powerful and flexible SDK.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, David Mills said:

If MSFS 2024 brings in more casuals into flight simming and retains some of those users, those casuals may remain dedicated flight simmers and eventually morph into the "hard core" flight simmer demographic. So if MSFS 2024 is a huge success, I can definitely see even more 3rd party developers making add-ons for MSFS.

In the same way that MSFS was a huge success and enlarged the flight simulation market for home users. I think that's why PMDG and iniBuilds could afford to hire way more people to join them, because their products sold so well in MSFS (and I suspect the A2A Comanche sold very well as well, so I would be curious to see if A2A hires more developers, if they can now afford to because of their explosive Comanche sales).

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

MSFS2024 needs to start leaning towards a World Simulator not just Flight, if they improve the road surfaces and implement vehicle physics (and water physics) then they'll open up the whole simulator to a wealth of future opportunities.

I've been saying this for a long time, what they have in their hands is the possibility to create something to cater for so much but than just flight simulation, something truly worldly!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

3 minutes ago, MarcG said:

MSFS2024 needs to start leaning towards a World Simulator not just Flight, if they improve the road surfaces and implement vehicle physics (and water physics) then they'll open up the whole simulator to a wealth of future opportunities.

I've been saying this for a long time, what they have in their hands is the possibility to create something to cater for so much but than just flight simulation, something truly worldly!

I see The Sims 2024 coming …

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

9 minutes ago, MarcG said:

If Microsoft go that approach no chance they don't spin it off into its own product, would make more sense to sell a "Microsoft Truck Simulator" separately than bundle it all into Flight Simulator. That said I would be interested in seeing them trying to refine the tech further, I remember hearing about Microsoft Train Simulator 2 around the time it got canceled, and hearing that was gonna have autogen system from flight simulator. Always disappointed me we never got that, would've loved driving around my local railyard in the same way I can fly around my local airports.

10 minutes ago, Jnin said:

If Microsoft go that approach no chance they don't spin it off into its own product, would make more sense to sell a "Microsoft Truck Simulator" separately than bundle it all into Flight Simulator. That said I would be interested in seeing them trying to refine the tech further, I remember hearing about Microsoft Train Simulator 2 around the time it got canceled, and hearing that was gonna have autogen system from flight simulator. Always disappointed me we never got that, would've loved driving around my local railyard in the same way I can fly around my local airports.

Eventually it wouldn't be a Flight Simulator product in that sense, the way I see it for example is the next iteration being simply called 'Microsoft Simulator 2028'. They drop the word 'Flight' entirely because the product would encompass so much more and yes Trains would also be cool!

You'd have Asobo doing the flight side, maybe bring in a Sim racing developer to bring the race tracks to life, the ETS2 team could give us the trucks to deliver stuff with for exile. Perhaps all within the World Simulator Ecosystem, so if you're only interested in Flight you buy that product, but if you fancy something different you buy a Boat game that lives within the simulator, altogether.

The opportunities are practically endless, the only thing preventing this from happening is the vision, money (!) and willing of the current management/shareholders/etc. 

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

So how many FPS would you expect with the simulator running all this together(racing,flying and trains). What you guys are asking will be technicly impossible. Its just a pipe dream.

Though what would work is using the engine to make all of these as separate games…But all of them together in one sim, no way:p

10 minutes ago, Kaboki said:

So how many FPS would you expect with the simulator running all this together(racing,flying and trains). What you guys are asking will be technicly impossible. Its just a pipe dream.

Though what would work is using the engine to make all of these as separate games…But all of them together in one sim, no way:p

Simple, if you "owned" all the products within the ecosystem you'd simply load only what you want to use, exactly the same as what we do now with mods. If you have a monster PC then you could load more/all of them!

9 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Simple, if you "owned" all the products within the ecosystem you'd simply load only what you want to use, exactly the same as what we do now with mods. If you have a monster PC then you could load more/all of them!

Problem is, that monster pc simply doesnt exist:p

2 hours ago, Kaboki said:

Problem is, that monster pc simply doesnt exist:p

Quantum Computer.

Exists, is being scaled down in size, becoming 'affordable' and is seeing use outside of laboratories.

Run it as a 'server' and pipe the data to end users (cloud gaming on steroids).

Towards the start of the next decade we could be seeing this suggested full digital twin Earth ecosystem up and running.

Edited by F737MAX

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

7 hours ago, MarcG said:

MS has to be already thinking about this, or has stuff in the works which makes use of the "twin earth" simulation base platform.. especially with all the world rendering tech coming in v2024 and off-loading of more computing to the cloud/AI and thinner clients etc. Will be a dream come true for me if they marry flight simulation with train simulation, or at the very least bring back their Train Simulator using the MSFS world 🙂 Maybe in the future they'll incorporate their Forza world & tech to cover driving simulation too.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 4

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

At the rate things are going, MSFS might end up on the playstation platform too

Edited by Krakin
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1