Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GoranM

Official. XP12 has outsold XP11!

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Plus, War Thunder has ships and tanks as well, so very disingenuous to use a F2P game with 3 different completely different modules of gameplay, like it's only pulling those numbers because of the flying.

Aces of Thunder is the upcoming release by the team behind War Thunder (Gaijin), it is a "pure" flight simulator, starting with warbirds, and is a PS5 VR exclusive.

Meanwhile, 10% of users fly MSFS in VR and the other 90% foolishly bought an XBOX.

 

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Aces of Thunder is the upcoming release by the team behind War Thunder (Gaijin), it is a "pure" flight simulator, starting with warbirds, and is a PS5 VR exclusive.

Meanwhile, 10% of users fly MSFS in VR and the other 90% foolishly bought an XBOX.

 

Exactly, upcoming, thus tells you nothing about its worth and popularity.

  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Murmur said:

I'm a third kind, I'm an experimental simmer: just test-flying, test-landing and test-failing every aircraft to their limits. 😆

Congratulations for the invention/introduction of a new kind 👍 .

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Watch my YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/@flyingcarpet1340/

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GoranM said:

Of course not.  X-Plane isn't made for XBox.  I can, however, run X-Plane on my 85" TV with an HDMI cable running from my MacBook Pro. The iPhone version is, as I said, meant for a little bit of time passing fun.  That's MY opinion.  Even though the mobile version is very, very close to the desktop version.  The limiting factor is external hardware.

Again, that wasn't my point.  We all have an opinion.  Just don't insult someone if their opinion is different to yours.  That's all.

For a 85" TV, you would definitely need to run XP in 4K. Having a Macbook M2 as well, I can say that the performance would be underwhelming, especially if you use advanced aircraft, plugins and ortho sceneries with it.

In any event, my response pertained to the comparison between Xbox and a phone. You at least can be a hardcore simmer on an Xbox. On an iPhone, that is just not possible.

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sethos said:

Exactly, upcoming, thus tells you nothing about its worth and popularity.

aka following the crowd vs making the crowd follow you.

its enough to know aces of thunder is starting with 70 million players to know, as long as they dont mess it up, that it will be hugely popular and successful. Its enough from the demo gameplay video to see they almost certainly are not going to mess it up.

Same as it was for XP11 starting from a position of relative strength, that as long as they didn't mess up XP12 it would be popular and successful.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mSparks said:

aka following the crowd vs making the crowd follow you.

its enough to know aces of thunder is starting with 70 million players to know, as long as they dont mess it up, that it will be hugely popular and successful. Its enough from the demo gameplay video to see they almost certainly are not going to mess it up.

No, that's not how it works at all. War Thunder and Aces of Thunder has a very small player overlap, War Thunder's popularity comes from elements that aren't even present in Aces of Thunder. Gaijin has released multiple lukewarm titles that never even got a 10th of War Thunder's popularity. Aces of Thunder isn't a sequel or a natural evolution of War Thunder, where the crowd is expected to follow.

Edited by Sethos

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, threexgreen said:

The same argument can be made for PC users. SeriousSimmers on PC are a niche and the vast majority of people use their PC for work - or gaming, playing the same casual games you play on Xbox, and there are enough simmers who aren't taking it all that serious on PC too.

Weird argument. Yes simming is a niche. And most of people don’t buy a PC to play games but to do a lot of different stuff on it. And that’s not the case with an XBox that is purchased 100% for gaming. That’s why it’s a different community for the vaste majority.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UrgentSiesta said:

With the advent of MSFS on Xbox, there are now fairly complete flight sim setups possible.

So, if you can fly A2A Sims Comanche or PMDG's 737 on Xbox, using yoke/joystick, rudder pedals and throttle, is that not serious enough for you, somehow?

 

You are more or less right although not entirely because I doubt you can use a sim the same way as on a PC (searching for weather-infos on the internet, charts etc) even with a yoke.

But the point is that even if we assume it to be similar, those users are a small minority of all XBox-« simmers ». Otherwise there wouldn’t be such a low numbers of XBox-participants in the navigraph-survey. The vaste majority of them are simply not interested enough (the sim being just another game within many others).

  • Upvote 1

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Sethos said:

where the crowd is expected to follow.

PSVR2 is better spec'd than a varjo XR4 for everywhere it matters.....

Both 4K with foveated rendering driven by eye tracking

OLED > LED

HDR > LDR

120Hz > 90Hz

Except the PSVR2 is €500 and the varjo XR4 is €4,000

39 minutes ago, Sethos said:

War Thunder and Aces of Thunder has a very small player overlap

War Thunder kids have all grown up now, looking for something new, once you VR there is no going back to 2D (and they learnt enough from war thunder VR to be confident with a PSVR2 exclusive title), what do you think they will play instead, and who is going to tell them to play it?

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to the topic please.  If you want to run on about War Thunder et al, start a new thread in Hangar Chat, this forum isn't the place.


Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...