Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

Automatic CTD when starting at Inibuilds OMAA

Hello - I picked up the OMAA-OMDB bundle from Inibuilds, and have not yet been able to actually see OMAA. As soon as the airport loads, and I hit the “Ready to Fly” button, I get an immediate CTD. I have very good hardware, so the issue is likely related to the scenery. I’m trying to load with the PMDG 737. This issue has occurred on two different higher end computers, so it’s not specific to just one machine. I’m curious as to whether anyone else is having this issue.

Cheers, Pete

Edited by PilotPete99

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

It load's perfect for me, loaded now several times and didn't saw that, but i can't us this scenery because i get horrible Performance problems..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

It load's perfect for me, loaded now several times and didn't saw that, but i can't us this scenery because i get horrible Performance problems..

cheers 😉

I actually just did a short flight from OMDB to OMAA in the PMDG 737, perfectly smooth, no issues. I will try again to see what happens if I do OMAA to OMDB. There’s obviously no performance issues at OMAA for me, but I can’t seem to initiate the flight there. Very strange.

Cheers, Pete

4 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

Hello - I picked up the OMAA-OMDB bundle from Inibuilds, and have not yet been able to actually see OMAA. As soon as the airport loads, and I hit the “Ready to Fly” button, I get an immediate CTD. I have very good hardware, so the issue is likely related to the scenery. I’m trying to load with the PMDG 737. This issue has occurred on two different higher end computers, so it’s not specific to just one machine. I’m curious as to whether anyone else is having this issue.

Cheers, Pete

By chance, do you have the latest Flow Pro build installed?.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

A thing I've noticed is after installing an airport from iniBuilds, if I don't reboot my computer, I get the same thing you're describing.

As if some file is locked and until a reboot, it stays locked <=== pure speculation.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

4 hours ago, edpatino said:

By chance, do you have the latest Flow Pro build installed?.

I don’t, just the free version of Flow.

Cheers, Pete

Love OMAA and OMDB, beautiful airports and good performance, no issues. Don't forget to uninstall ASOBO OMDB.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2024 at 4:23 AM, PilotPete99 said:

I don’t, just the free version of Flow.

Cheers, Pete

Flow Pro has been causing CTD issues after WU15 and it's possible might also be the case with the Free version.
So maybe worth checking for an update (the Pro version has one) and if there isn't one yet try disabling Flow and seeing if that helps.

• Like 2