Sign in to follow this  
planechaser

Anybody having REX activation issues lately?

Seems like it has cropped up again

Tried to re-install my REX Accuseason Advanced and keep getting " activation key no found"

I have activated this in the past with no issues , suddenly nothing works 

Opened up a ticket a few days ago but no resolution yet.

Maybe their activation servers have been down the past several days? 

I eventually googled it again (since this happened twice after reinstalling windows 11) that I found the information on ORBX, I believe.

This helped me last time:

• Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Since upgrading from the original version to the "Advanced Edition", it's getting almost impossible to me to succesfully download a single/simple vegetation and terrain presets. I'm only getting bad files (files with zero content in the manifest.json or layout.json or both, and also in the vegetation and terrain files, zero, nothing). If I'm lucky enough, just one time out of 10, it's possible for me to get something valid from those servers.

The software has firewall permissions and all the requisites that so far I know are met.

Very disappointing.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

This program has turned into the typical REX cumbersome, convoluted nonsense. I’ve deleted it. Come MS2024 it becomes entirely irrelevant anyways. 

• Like 1

Eric 

Yes, had those issues too. Took literally weeks before managing to reset my key via their (super-slow) tech support system. Only to find the weather as far off the mark as it has been since the last time I tried it (to be fair: my nearest airport is military, so no compete WX report). They promised us historical weather years ago, no sign of that on the horizon. 

1/10. 

On 2/14/2024 at 8:44 AM, planechaser said:

Seems like it has cropped up again

Tried to re-install my REX Accuseason Advanced and keep getting " activation key no found"

I have activated this in the past with no issues , suddenly nothing works 

Opened up a ticket a few days ago but no resolution yet.

Maybe their activation servers have been down the past several days? 

I am sorry to hear that. What is your ticket #?

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

On 2/14/2024 at 3:33 PM, edpatino said:

Since upgrading from the original version to the "Advanced Edition", it's getting almost impossible to me to succesfully download a single/simple vegetation and terrain presets. I'm only getting bad files (files with zero content in the manifest.json or layout.json or both, and also in the vegetation and terrain files, zero, nothing). If I'm lucky enough, just one time out of 10, it's possible for me to get something valid from those servers.

The software has firewall permissions and all the requisites that so far I know are met.

Very disappointing.

Ed - We seem to be missing each other. We had a ticket running then Simon at Just Flight got a hold of me that you had reached out to him, and I sent a couple of personal emails to you, but no response. Is your situation resolved?

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

On 2/14/2024 at 8:06 PM, B777ER said:

This program has turned into the typical REX cumbersome, convoluted nonsense. I’ve deleted it. Come MS2024 it becomes entirely irrelevant anyways. 

Come on - it isn't cumbersome. We had to add the extra security features to our products because in the past our products would be hacked an put on pirate bay sites. Well no one would do anything about it so we had to take things into our own hands. So blame the pirates!

• Like 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Just now, rstough said:

Ed - We seem to be missing each other. We had a ticket running then Simon at Just Flight got a hold of me that you had reached out to him, and I sent a couple of personal emails to you, but no response. Is your situation resolved?

Hi, there's maybe a confusion, but I did not contacted Simon/Just Flight, so that's maybe why I haven't received any e-mails. My situation is still unresolved.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 minutes ago, rstough said:

Come on - it isn't cumbersome. We had to add the extra security features to our products because in the past our products would be hacked an put on pirate bay sites. Well no one would do anything about it so we had to take things into our own hands. So blame the pirates!

it is. You guys overstreched it.

Carsten U

On 2/14/2024 at 10:04 PM, lupedelupe said:

Yes, had those issues too. Took literally weeks before managing to reset my key via their (super-slow) tech support system. Only to find the weather as far off the mark as it has been since the last time I tried it (to be fair: my nearest airport is military, so no compete WX report). They promised us historical weather years ago, no sign of that on the horizon. 

1/10. 

That seems a little odd, we work the support tickets everyday. What was you support ticket so I can make sure it was answered properly.

As far as the historical weather - I have answered this question a million times, but I will do it again here.

1.) We do not have an SDK so we have had to "FIX" Weather Force each time initially when MS did a change to the simulator, this is has slowed down a little over the past several months. Gaining stability for the program itself has been our priority - which we are continually working on. This is common with an add-on.

2.) We have over 10 - 12 years of weather data that reaches beyond terabytes per year. This has to be modified to run effectively and the current format of Weather Force will not completely work on it.

3.) We will be testing our new historic feature this next month with our beta team.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

3 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Hi, there's maybe a confusion, but I did not contacted Simon/Just Flight, so that's maybe why I haven't received any e-mails. My situation is still unresolved.

What was your ticket number?

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

No issues on my end. Works perfectly fine (REX Store version).

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

18 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

No issues on my end. Works perfectly fine (REX Store version).

Thank you for the update. We are hoping to eventually get the REX Store moved over to REX AXIS. Two different systems are a pain to manage.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com