Sign in to follow this  
dmwalker

Have You Ever Heard This Before?

I have been watching the LA Flights live stream from LAX, which includes ATC monitoring, and, as Lufthansa 453 A380 was taking off, I heard something unusual:

“Lufthansa 453 contact departure. Good day.” 

“Contact departure Lufthansa 453 and good night LA Flights.”

Is this as unusual as I think it is? Peter of LA Flights seems to have developed quite a good relationship with Lufthansa pilots.

Edited by dmwalker
  • Like 1

Dugald Walker

spacer.png

Yoo Hoo, good afternoon to you.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

5 hours ago, Fielder said:

spacer.png

Yoo Hoo, good afternoon to you.

😂The fogs getting thicker……

Edited by jon b

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

I quite often spot the bloke who does Big Jet TV on top of his van in a field when on very short finals to 27L at Heathrow.
I’m always tempted to gesticulate out of the 787’s massive side windows, but he’s never zoomed in enough to see it , and if he was I’d probably get a call from the office !

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

1 hour ago, jon b said:

I’m always tempted to gesticulate out of the 787’s massive side windows,

Would that be a friendly gesture? I once saw, at another airport, where a spotter got a middle finger salute from one aircraft. cockpit.

Dugald Walker

27 minutes ago, dmwalker said:

Would that be a friendly gesture?

A “royal wave “…possibly 😉

787 captain.  

Something even more unusual happened just a short time ago on the LA Flights livestream from LAX.  Lufthansa DLH 452, A380, flashed its taxi lights five times on final approach, starting 85 seconds before touchdown. I thought this should be impossible.

Edited by dmwalker

Dugald Walker