Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GoranM

More X-Plane Eye Candy!

Recommended Posts

The lighting in X-Plane, is 2nd to none.  I could easily mistake this for a real world sunrise.  @Biology can you confirm if this is your lighting, some other plugin, or default?

Scenery is from Zero Dollar Payware, Anchorage, Alaska.

It is available for free download.

428150904_944249503761918_24937066500241

  • Like 12
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SUPER!


Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GoranM said:

The lighting in X-Plane, is 2nd to none.  I could easily mistake this for a real world sunrise.  @Biology can you confirm if this is your lighting, some other plugin, or default?

Scenery is from Zero Dollar Payware, Anchorage, Alaska.

 

"Real World"?

Everything is waaaaaay too clean to be Alaska in February!!!

It is a GREAT shot, tho. 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well yep that is XPlane doing its thing with the lighting correctly. Here is same time about sunset at gate C4 in default only with the Zibo 737 800 right on cue sun to the west reflecting of the windows on the terminal. Layout and buildings are quite different though in the zero dollar version. 

vKuK26O.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

X Plane cockpit lighting has always been broken (too dark) it is not realistic.

What is being done to address this. When is there going to be an official fix?  An update from LR would be useful!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greazer said:

X Plane cockpit lighting has always been broken (too dark) it is not realistic.

What is being done to address this. When is there going to be an official fix?  An update from LR would be useful!

If you want to start your own thread about cockpit lighting, by all means, do so, and you might get a response.

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Greazer said:

X Plane cockpit lighting has always been broken (too dark) it is not realistic.

What is being done to address this. When is there going to be an official fix?  An update from LR would be useful!

Greazer,

I have observed that you may have encountered some negative feedback from both the MSFS and XP communities. As such, I would like to offer you some advice. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt by assuming that you are not trolling.

When you come across an issue in any flight simulator, it is important to convey your feedback in a constructive manner. Posting remarks such as "The pressure is on Asobo" or "X-Plane's lighting has always been broken" is unlikely to result in positive responses.

If you believe there is an issue with X-Plane's lighting, I recommend providing evidence to support your claim along with any suggested corrections. Presenting comparisons can also be helpful.

Simply stating that something is "broken" without supporting evidence is not constructive. It is merely an unsupported opinion that, if shared with Laminar, would likely be disregarded.

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

Pictures are nice, but one must enjoy the sim while in motion. With that said, granted X-Plane 12 is getting some help from Reshade, but I think it adds a nice kick into the mix. Still a work in progress.


Multiple Nighttime Landings
 

 


Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

       Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since Greazer chose not to start a new thread, I'll address his cockpit lighting concern here.

This is a direct quote from Laminar on the dev blog.

Improving dark cockpits is high on our todo list, but we also don’t want to tweak the light levels in the cockpit over and over and over, thrashing third party developers each time we do it.

My expectation is that when we recalibrate cockpit lighting, minor aircraft updates will be needed, but third parties who have chosen to “fix” cockpit brightness themselves (by adding extra light or hacking materials) may have to undo their hacks. I’ll try to provide clear guidance and early builds when we get to this point, but lighting is still “in development”.

 

And from their discord server

Dark cockpits are very much known about and are scheduled to be addressed in 12.3.0. HDR10 is something we want (Although won't solve textures that are inherently in a 8-bit colour space)

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to hijack this thread further regarding cockpit lighting, but is this depending on the aircraft perhaps? I've done a number of night hours recently in the IXEG and I don't think it's too dark at all?

Back on topic I agree with @GoranM here. The lighting can be superb!

  • Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Not to hijack this thread further regarding cockpit lighting, but is this depending on the aircraft perhaps?

I've spoken to Biology (Maya) a little on this, and here's the technical aspect of it when discussing the TBM cockpit.

It has a darker albedo so not surprising

For instance FF 777 doesn't have the issue because it has a very light colored cockpit

You know, Boeing beige brown or whatever that color is called

But if you hop on into let's say Zibo mod which has a dark colored cockpit, you will notice it

This is becuse another issue is with the cubemap / ambient lighting calculations, it's very sensitive to the cockpit windows & color of the cockpit

Which I will be working on as well

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GoranM said:

But if you hop on into let's say Zibo mod which has a dark colored cockpit, you will notice it

 

Ah, yes. Had to try the Zibo as it has been a long while since I used it. You are absolutely correct. Very dark cockpit indeed.

  • Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GoranM said:

Since Greazer chose not to start a new thread, I'll address his cockpit lighting concern here.

This is a direct quote from Laminar on the dev blog.

Improving dark cockpits is high on our todo list, but we also don’t want to tweak the light levels in the cockpit over and over and over, thrashing third party developers each time we do it.

My expectation is that when we recalibrate cockpit lighting, minor aircraft updates will be needed, but third parties who have chosen to “fix” cockpit brightness themselves (by adding extra light or hacking materials) may have to undo their hacks. I’ll try to provide clear guidance and early builds when we get to this point, but lighting is still “in development”.

 

And from their discord server

Dark cockpits are very much known about and are scheduled to be addressed in 12.3.0. HDR10 is something we want (Although won't solve textures that are inherently in a 8-bit colour space)

That sounded very different during the first year and at times it felt like being ridiculed. I remind you of "hardware calibrate your monitor" "you are not a pilot" "we measured everything physically and "cockpits are still not dark enough"

While everyone could see, the external graphics are nice, but internal graphics are way too dark and on top of that everything is blurry. A quick check with X-Plane 11 will reveal how much the graphics has in fact deteriorated, if we not just look at clouds and colors.

I gave up and now I'm merely watching from the sidelines. To me personally Laminar wasted my time for over a year with insincerity and at the end of they day need to deliver something. X-Plane 12 broke most existing addons in the lighting department and now it gets even more complicated with yet another announced 180 degree turn, now no one will work on their lighting at all, and those who did will have to do it all over again.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...