Sign in to follow this  
concretedan

Losing my mind!!

Hi all,

Since about a week ago msfs control settings is not recognising the axis of any of my controllers.  Instead it is seeing them as buttons that are either on or off.  The software calibration for my controls shows that my tca airbus quadrant and joystick are working fine as are my Logitech pedals but I just can't get the settings within the sim to recognise the sliding/moving axis.  I have tried deleting profiles but when I create a new one the axis doesn't even show as moving although it does in sensitivities!  Never had this problem before and it is definitely not the controllers.  Any clues/help would be greatly appreciated as my throttles are currently either idle or TOGA!

Many thanks in advance.

Dan

What if …. You’re sign out your MSFS account and then sign in again, maybe this made the trick.

Did you check the various profiles for each of your controllers in the MSFS controller settings page ?

It happened to me once, after an update, that my controllers went back to default instead of my custom profiles. I just had to select the correct profiles again and everything went back to normal...

• Like 1

I'll try and sign out and back in again and let you know.

The profiles are correct although others have been randomly added for helicopters and the dune thing I think.  

It's just so weird.  Out of msfs it all works perfectly but in msfs the axis don't show as sliding (although in sensitivities it does) but buttons that are either on or off, the control options jump around (by that I mean once I have assigned something it will automatically scroll all the way to camera settings so I have to scroll all the way back down!).  Everything else seems to work except axis on control settings!  Crazy!

All of my axes look like a button in the MSFS settings .... but they work fine! (Strange, I know).

So if I look at my throttle axes in the MSFS settings, when I move my throttle levers, the bar just blinks off and on; it doesn't move, like you'd expect from an axis.

Yet they work fine as an axis in MSFS.

• Like 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I'm not sure if you're open for this but my advice is get yourself a tool that handles your controls and peripherals and not only that, but it does this on a profile basis. Meaning not needing to go into menus when flying something different.

I guess you heard of AAO, FSUIPC and Spad Next? 

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

Thanks for the feedback all.

It turns out that the axis do work correctly in the actual sim just like JYM said but for some reason isn't displayed correct in the settings.  I needed to recalibrate the Fenix controls and I was sorted.  I also signed out of Xbox, shut down my PC, restarted and signed back in like polosim suggested so this might have helped as well so thanks all, much appreciated.  Some funny things going on at the moment!

Dan

• Like 2

Hi NovemberUniform,

I actually got FSUIPC some time ago as I built a basic overhead panel.  If I remember correctly I had an error when trying to run it and I needed to do something with the program or something.  Anyway, not being very good with computers I looked at a forum for some guidance and one of the guys who developed the software (I think) was getting pretty irate with those that weren't able to complete this particular step needed to run the programme and not wanting to upset anyone I just left it and never used it!  Maybe I should look at this again and I have a really nice little panel completely unused!

Dan