Sign in to follow this  
Cats Eyes Cunningham

Fenix A320 Block 2 - FPS

38 minutes ago, Juliett Alfa Romeo said:

It's not that. I'm not feeling the leap in performance that everyone is talking about...

Because you compare apples and oranges here. If you set up your MSFS the way it looks like P3D, you will also see this leap in performance.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

55 minutes ago, Juliett Alfa Romeo said:

I'll try it out.

It solved the “problem”!

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

13 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Because you compare apples and oranges here. If you set up your MSFS the way it looks like P3D, you will also see this leap in performance.

That's not what I've been reading all these years...

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

28 minutes ago, Juliett Alfa Romeo said:

That's not what I've been reading all these years...

Maybe. But it is the only fair comparison. As a matter of fact, I had P3D v5 and MSFS installed in parallel and all I can say is that I did see the performance leap. While I was heavily struggling to get my locked 30FPS in P3D, i was beyond 60FPS (and more) in MSFS. But back then, I had a heavily modified P3D with tons of AI and my MSFS was still mainly default. 

But if I compare todays MSFS to the P3D from back then, I can still "see" this performance leap: on an airport like EGLL, I am again down to around 30FPS, yes, but the visual quality of what I see on my screen is so much more compared to P3D, that I can still call it a performance leap. It is just not comparable anymore. And if I would turn down my MSFS to P3D looking settings, I would easily again reach those 60 or more FPS. 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Posted (edited)

The point is that there are performance problems and concessions must be made...

Ah! Important detail: I don't have a 4090.

Edited by Juliett Alfa Romeo

I don't understand, am I just the one lucky guy that is getting more than 60 fps with an "old" 3080 and the FG mod? Fenix is running very well on my system, much better than before with my usual 60 fps, settings tu ultra, 100 LOD at 4K (and the FG mod).

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Juliett Alfa Romeo said:

The point is that there are performance problems and concessions must be made...

Ah! Important detail: I don't have a 4090.

Are you using 4k textures or the 8k ones for the Fenix liveries. ? You have to be mindful of your VRAM memory usage being that it is assumed you are using a 12GB card at 1440p.

I have a 16 GB card and refuse to touch 8k Liveries ..  Ive had an inibuild A300 original livery bring my VRAM right to its max usage when flying which will definatley make things sluggish. Using the Performance textures as a replacement gave me back 3 GB vram. The Fenix equivalent is the 4k liveries. Ensure that you are using those so you aren't right up to your VRAM limits.

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

4K  @Maxis

I wish I/we had 2K.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Since V2 I am receiving a CAB ALT EXCESS ECAM warning and the bus starts to drop automatically in like 1 out of 20 flights which is destroying the flight when not in the cockpit.

Bild-2024-05-05-201715239

Does anyone of you have the same problem?

Edited by CallsignDE