Sign in to follow this  

Hi Nico,

I have noticed while spotting at EGLL and EGKK that towed aircraft onto stands do not register as live parked, and consequently are removed after a short time. Can this be changed? It would add to the realism if they could be registered as live parked aircraft and remain in place (I mainly use ILO).

Peter

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K, XMP OC | GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080Ti 11GB | MoBo:  ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F | OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit | RAM: 32GB 3466MHz DDR4 | HD: 2TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIe SSD, 3TB HDD | MSFS 2020

2 hours ago, Harrier77 said:

that towed aircraft onto stands 

What do you mean with towed aircraft? Every aircraft that you see that is moving must be a live aircraft... If it disappears from the stand, it is not within the lat/Lon coordinates for the stand in the airport file. So either the data in the airport file is not the real life data, or the towing ends to soon, something I cannot do much about.

Btw. One of our users is making real world gate corrections to some airport files, INIBuilds EGLL is one of them (already in the archive).

2 hours ago, Harrier77 said:

that towed aircraft onto stands 

What do you mean with towed aircraft? Every aircraft that you see that is moving must be a live aircraft... If it disappears from the stand, it is not within the lat/Lon coordinates for the stand in the airport file. So either the data in the airport file is not the real life data, or the towing ends to soon, something I cannot do much about.

Btw. One of our users is making real world gate corrections to some airport files, INIBuilds EGLL is one of them (already in the archive).

Aircraft being towed wouldn't have their transponder on. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

33 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

🤔

for now, cheers

john martin

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

They do at most airports in the UK. All aircraft on the move must have transponders on a EGLL and EGKK for instance. You can see this regularly at EGLL when BA aircraft are towed to and from the maintenance area at the East of the airport.

• Upvote 1

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K, XMP OC | GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080Ti 11GB | MoBo:  ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F | OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit | RAM: 32GB 3466MHz DDR4 | HD: 2TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIe SSD, 3TB HDD | MSFS 2020

2 hours ago, kiek said:

What do you mean with towed aircraft? Every aircraft that you see that is moving must be a live aircraft.

An example is the Qantas B789 flight from Perth into LHR. It arrives very early in the morning UK time parking at T3; then after an hour or so it is towed to stands 594 or 595. The transponder is on for the tow as is required at LHR and you can see it move in the sim, so the aircraft is "live". It stops on the new stand, but PSXT does not register it as parked, after a little time the aircraft is removed. This is what I mean. It happens on other stands at EGLL and at some other airports.

2 hours ago, kiek said:

Great news. Is the process easy? If so, I would be prepared to help.

3 hours ago, Harrier77 said:

It stops on the new stand, but PSXT does not register it as parked, after a little time the aircraft is removed. This is what I mean.

I see, an oversight in my PSXT logic, probably. Because it had arrived and parked, PSXT may think its return flight has started and it will not park it again if it is near a gate.

Thx for bringing this up. I"ll work on a solution when I am back home from the Swiss Alps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harrier77 said:

Great news. Is the process easy? If so, I would be prepared to help.

I think the process is not that difficult. Looking into Google maps for the right gate coordinates and heading, and whether or not it is a cargo gate. It is merely a lot of work.

When I am home I'll give you his email.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Harrier77 said:

They do at most airports in the UK. All aircraft on the move must have transponders on a EGLL and EGKK for instance

Fair enough, where I work it is the tow vehicle that has the transponder on as that is who ATC is talking to. 

PSXT at YVR also seems to get very mixed up with the various tows. Tow 913 in the example below wouldn't tow any ACA aircraft, just JZA. The SWA I just can't explain at all as they don't operate to YVR but the airport file has many instances.

<opt airl="ACA" type="B38M" day="7" hh="39" reg="C-GEHV" cs="TOW 913" />
        <opt airl="ACA" type="B789" day="7" hh="39" reg="C-FGEI" cs="TOW 913" />
        <opt airl="ACA" type="A333" day="7" hh="39" reg="C-GFAH" cs="TOW 913" />

<opt airl="SWA" type="B38M" day="7" hh="44" reg="N8710M" cs="TOW 914" />

• Like 2

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Fair enough, where I work it is the tow vehicle that has the transponder on as that is who ATC is talking to. 

PSXT at YVR also seems to get very mixed up with the various tows. Tow 913 in the example below wouldn't tow any ACA aircraft, just JZA. The SWA I just can't explain at all as they don't operate to YVR but the airport file has many instances.

<opt airl="ACA" type="B38M" day="7" hh="39" reg="C-GEHV" cs="TOW 913" />
        <opt airl="ACA" type="B789" day="7" hh="39" reg="C-FGEI" cs="TOW 913" />
        <opt airl="ACA" type="A333" day="7" hh="39" reg="C-GFAH" cs="TOW 913" />

<opt airl="SWA" type="B38M" day="7" hh="44" reg="N8710M" cs="TOW 914" />

Interesting Dave. Sofar PSXT did not recognise Tow Trucks, but maybe it can via the Callsign...

Although, how can Peter see the aircraft being towed if it has not have its transponder on....?

Edited by kiek

On 3/9/2024 at 6:12 AM, Harrier77 said:

An example is the Qantas B789 flight from Perth into LHR. It arrives very early in the morning UK time parking at T3; then after an hour or so it is towed to stands 594 or 595. The transponder is on for the tow as is required at LHR and you can see it move in the sim, so the aircraft is "live". It stops on the new stand, but PSXT does not register it as parked, after a little time the aircraft is removed. This is what I mean. It happens on other stands at EGLL and at some other airports.

I know wat u mean I hate that even with most cargo aircrafts wen they arrive they disappear ther should be an option wen transponder is off psxt would have that same aircraft stay as a static aircraft without disappearing n become live again after an hour or 2 for its next flight if psxt would figure that out I won't mind paying a monthly bill to them if they can improve psxt and make it more realistic as possible and also planes going over each other at a parking spot.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, blueskies2k40 said:

should be an option wen transponder is off psxt would have that same aircraft stay as a static aircraft without disappearing n become live again after an hour or 2 for its next flight 

? That is exactly what PSXT is doing already.... 

But that works (only) if an aircraft arrives within 45 meters from the parking spot indicated in the airport fiile. Hence you need a correct airtport file.

Btw: Please use punctuation, your text is hard to read..

Edited by kiek

This will vary by countries regulations but at KLAX aircraft towed from parking to gate etc do have their transponder on and show up on ADS-B data.

These are currently correctly displayed in PSXT. Just in case any changes being talked about affect the current behaviour.

• Like 1