Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

New CRJ sound set inbound (Boris Audio Works)

Stumbled across this the other day.  Looks like a massive improvement for the sounds on this plane.  I admit the airplane hasn't been updated as much as I would like.  However it's still very enjoyable to fly and the dev claims an update is still in process.  

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

That’s awesome to watch and listen to. Sounds like those bring new life to some of these aircraft! Can’t wait to see it released.

• Like 1

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

agree

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Ah those sounds pack are amazing!! Oh by the way Boris is the sound creator for FBW, so his sounds quality above amazing 🙂

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Hopefully the install process is not overly complicated.  The FTSim sounds at times have been more challenging.  

Sounds great, I hope he does one for the pmdg 737!

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

I love Boris's work.  But having flown the AS CRJ the other day (for the first time in a long time), I found it really weak and unconvincing (been flying the Fenix, PMDG and INI, with so much more fidelity).

Not sure even Boris's amazing sounds will get me back in the AS CRJ! 😄

• Like 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

3 hours ago, JYW said:

I love Boris's work.  But having flown the AS CRJ the other day (for the first time in a long time), I found it really weak and unconvincing (been flying the Fenix, PMDG and INI, with so much more fidelity).

Not sure even Boris's amazing sounds will get me back in the AS CRJ! 😄

I still find the CRJ more fun to hand fly than the fenix.  Fenix has tried and tried again to fix the weird flair behavior and still can't seem to nail it.  In fact I think the first iteration before they updated it at all was the most enjoyable.  

• Like 1

Not wanting to get too off topic but I purchased the CRJ upon release, then my pc died a few weeks later meaning I was stuck on xbox for years until I finally sold my last redundant organs and bought a pc in January.

I haven't bothered to even install the CRJ again given the many other airliners available today and at the time I could never get its ILS to behave properly, bottom line I now assume it's one of those planes that never really got polished and is still janky even today.  
Would love to hear people's opinions from those that still fly it today as I certainly though that everyone has sent that one to the boneyard.

4 minutes ago, stefaandk said:

Not wanting to get too off topic but I purchased the CRJ upon release, then my pc died a few weeks later meaning I was stuck on xbox for years until I finally sold my last redundant organs and bought a pc in January.

I haven't bothered to even install the CRJ again given the many other airliners available today and at the time I could never get its ILS to behave properly, bottom line I now assume it's one of those planes that never really got polished and is still janky even today.  
Would love to hear people's opinions from those that still fly it today as I certainly though that everyone has sent that one to the boneyard.

It's okay. Glitches, yes, typical Aerosoft-style. But it flies alright and does what it's supposed to do most of the while. I just find the CRJ a boring aircraft and that canadian cockpit setup is the worst for my sense of order. Therefore I fly it only very rarely. Hard to justify with three study level aircraft as the alternative (and another one coming soon).

I like the CRJ, the MSFS version is more stable than the P3D was. I have flown with it a lot, more than with the Fenix. With these new sounds will be even nicer. Air recirc might be a little too loud 😄

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, stefaandk said:

I now assume it's one of those planes that never really got polished and is still janky even today.  

I would say this is a perfect summary of the AS CRJ.

I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone to buy it, but as you already own it, why not give it a go.  Don't expect much fidelity then you won't be disappointed!

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Did anyone try the new released sounds? How immersive are they?

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, dusty_sourdough907 said:

Not possible.

Not released till NEXT Sunday.

I thought it was planned on 17.03 and I have seen the Add to cart in Orbx app today but OK, thanks for clarification 🙂

Valentin Rusu