Sign in to follow this  
xxd09

A mild rant!

My Win 11 setup refused to restart after installing P3Dv6

All was recovered-P3D and XPlane all reinstalled and up and running but my MSFS 2020…….!
I am quite experienced having flight simmed for many many years

Microsoft has me beat  -I can access my Microsoft Account and see my £100 purchase but the Microsoft Store and its X Box minions refuse to let me sign in -security I suppose?

I can’t even repurchase as an installation would not be allowed-I tried it with a different sign in procedure-Microsoft refunded the  purchase-thank goodness that worked 

MSFS 2024 will not be for me!

xxd09

All you need to do is change your Microsoft password, then it should install/run.  I had exactly the same issue and I was without MSFS for four days until it occurred to me to change the password.

• Like 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Thanks for that info  -password change at Microsoft account and/or Microsoft Store and/or XBox ?

xxd09

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, xxd09 said:

Thanks for that info  -password change at Microsoft account and/or Microsoft Store and/or XBox ?

xxd09

Those 3 all use the same account/password.    It's your Microsoft email and password that you log into the Microsoft site, the MS Store app and the Xbox app.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Posted (edited)

Started procedure in Microsoft Account 

Microsoft unable to send an email

Gave a mobile phone no-got a confirmation text-hurrah! --30 days wait now till security updated 

Much P3D and XPlane flying for now!

Onwards and upwards!

xxd09

Edited by xxd09
Spelling

Ah, the joys of modern computing

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 hour ago, xxd09 said:

Started procedure in Microsoft Account 

Microsoft unable to send an email

Gave a mobile phone no-got a confirmation text-hurrah! --30 days wait now till security updated 

Much P3D and XPlane flying for now!

Onwards and upwards!

xxd09

Exactly why I purchased the Steam version after my password fiasco.

• Like 5

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

8 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Exactly why I purchased the Steam version after my password fiasco.

My MSFS 2024 will definately be Steam.  I had a Microsoft ID/PW conflict the first two months into MSFS 2020 MS Store purchase.  What worked for me was picking one of several Microsoft accounts I had accumulated over the years (and several computers) and align that combo with Xbox.

• Like 4

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Yep..been there and done that.The password /"security " is a crock.I don't know why they make it so difficult.Microsoft couldn't give a toss about our account .Their interest is data gathering and tracking.

Steam seems to be difficult to access for me as well

Setting up an Steam Account impossible -so far -after many tries

Must be getting old!

xxd09

Installed Chrome

Steam Account installed plus the cheapest copy of MSFS2020 via Chrome

All good but now not enough room because 2 copies of MSFS 2020 now installed !

2 steps forward and 1 back!

xxd09

37 minutes ago, xxd09 said:

Installed Chrome

Steam Account installed plus the cheapest copy of MSFS2020 via Chrome

All good but now not enough room because 2 copies of MSFS 2020 now installed !

2 steps forward and 1 back!

xxd09

At this stage, I would probably have given up and just played solitaire!  :biggrin:

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Cleared downloads-space created -MSFS 2020 flying again-some how!!!!!!!

Makes you think about MSFS 2024!

xxd09

Posted (edited)

Perhaps you got really unlucky. From time to time I have to re-login (to MS store or XBOX, I forget which one - maybe both). And occasionally MSFS doesn't recognize my installation (which is always scary!). What I do then is reboot, then re-login. Solves the issue. 

I'm not at all saying it's optimal (I suppose I've been lucky). I regret that I didn't choose steam back in 2020. Also it would be kinda cool to see how many hours I have accumulated in MSFS... I'm fairly sure it doesn't even come close to CIV6 though (and no, I will not disclose how many hours!).  

In general, I find MS' focus on login requirement ridiculous. A little while ago I spend some 4hrs trying to figure out how I could enable auto-login when rebooting my PC. It baffles me why they don't make this easier. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”